December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by biankaa

I went to the YSL counter after reading some of the reviews on this board and comments from a forum. The YSL assistant suggested I go for a foundation with more coverage ( :( - my skin isn't that bad!!!!! lol) but I was set on purchasing this one. I fell in love with this immediately. I am with other reviewers the foundation brush is useless and I just use ordinary make up application pads to apply this. I use Dr Brandt's Pores no More as a primer and then apply this on top - result - luminous, flawless, youthful skin that does not look like I'm wearing make up at all. When I feel I need a little bit more coverage on those bad skin days I simply build more of the foundation onto those spots.

Love love love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mariyaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really love this foundation.more naturall.stay fresh all day long.love the smell.use wid primers makes flawless.strongly recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by caligirl3

I wanted to love this foundation so much just because I love YSL products and I have only heard great things about this, but unfortunately this was horrible for me! I have tried it for about 2 weeks and experimenting with different things (different powders and primers, sometimes with neither at all) trying to make this foundation work. First of all, the brush is horrible, the foundation goes on streaky so I stopped using the brush. The color was perfect for me, I use a number 4 and am an NW20 and matched my skin perfectly, which is really rare! I have very oily and acne prone skin, and this barely lasted an hour on my skin. About two hours later I looked in the mirror and all of my foundation was melted off my skin and I looked oily and just horrible. Every single day for the next two weeks I used this foundation, but the same thing happened everyday. I'm so sad because the color and smell is amazinngg!! I went back to my Clinique Superfit, which is the best for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

I am currently on my second perfect touch foundation and whilst I'll admit I use it daily, but not at weekends, and also rather lightly, I've had it for six months and it's still very full.

It is with out a doubt the best foundation I've ever used..
It blends perfectly, it has the most natural colour, and is like a second skin.
You can't tell you're wearing foundation because it blends so seamlessy into skin.

I do find the price rather high, but I think it is worth every penny as it lasts me along time and no other foundation I've tried is comparable.

The only problem is the colour I have in 4 is not a perfect match so i blend it with a pea size amount of mouisterizer for perfect looking skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation as a sample in a bottle so I can't say much about brush application of it (I am generally not a fan of foundation brushes). But the coverage is very soft, natural and dewy looking, covers pores perfectly and matifyes the skin. Although it is different, for me it is as good as Guerlain's Extreme Parure (my HG). Very pleased with it, if not brush as a method of application - it would be gratned HG status.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I think that this is a great foundation. It isn't a heavy foundation and is rather sheer which is great for a light coverage. Due to this, it has a nice illuminating effect and really helps to brighten up my skintone and make it look healthy and is also barely noticeable.

However there are two downsides. The first is the terrible applicator. The brushhead is a novelty but extremely unsanitary. It would be nice if this was packaged differently as I found that the brush applicator wasn't that useful for the flawless finish, you really needed to buff your face to get rid of any streaky marks.
The next downside is the price. At £30 it's not a lot of product for money and really makes me hesitate about buying it. The price, no doubt reflects the brush gimmick which is too much of a hassle to get rid of, or pour into another container. If you can deal with the bad applicator and price then it would be a great buy. Alas, my funds don't stretch to this product and I'll probably find something better out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Superb finish and even coverage from this product on 40 "something", combination skin. This makes my skin look firmer, dewy but far from shiny and makes my pores less noticeable. Color selection can make all the difference with any foundation. Was using number 5 color for summer but needed to lighten for winter. Had to go right down to number 1 and blend in a little of number 5 to get the perfect color. The colors in between were just awful on my fair skin tone. If you have to buy two of these to get the right shade it will be worth it as you will feel more confident and definitely look younger - not like you are trying to look younger. I would probably prefer the product without the brush as I prefer to blend with my fingers however have found that if I use the brush in a quick criss-cross action that I get pretty good results. My combo skin needs a little powder in the t-zone, so I just use my Jane Iredale Powder-me SPF for a lovely sheer finish. One request to YSL - if you ever change this product, please add a min of SPF 30.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tfortash

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product for the first time a while ago in duty free. It seemed nice in the store and I was happy, however once in natural light my face looked like it had been juxtaposed onto my body (read; orange face, white neck). I swore vehemently I would never use YSL foundation again.
However, the other day I saw a YSL tester tube in a nice shade and the lady at the counter cajoled me into trying it. It was flawless. Seeing as it was half price decided to grab it, only to find on purchase, horrified, it was the same foundation as the original. I guess I must have got the wrong shade the first time round (this was a 1, and very porcelain). It's beautiful, soft and pale but not chalky. I have red cheeks and it covers them gently without making me look washed out. I gave it a 4 because it's ludicrously expensive and I prefer it a bit dewy, but it couldn't look more natural. No breakouts thus far, so definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another innovation brought to women by YSL. As an YSL addict i can say that this foundation lives up to the brand's reputation: innovative, unique, precious, A-class. Absolute DO! Also check out the unbelievable YSL's Hydra Feel compact foundation for which i was disappointed not to find a review

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this due to all the positive reviews here on MUA, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Not with the foundation itself, but rather the colour choice. The colour nearest to my skin was no.9, but it is darker and more orange than my skin tone, and leaves my face looking dull. No. 8 was too pink, and the ones above that were too light. Other than that, I think the foundation is very good. I actually really like the brush, but I've never used a brush with foundation before, so the experts among you may disagree. The coverage is medium, but as it has light-reflecting qualities, a little goes a long way. Skin is left looking dewy and fresh. It is very long-lasting too. I think the price is about right, considering you get 40ml. I just wish they would bring out more colours, as I'll either have to wait until it's summer to see if I can use this, or will have to mix it with another foundation, which seems a waste and defeats the purpose of the brush. Make sure you are happy with the colour match before you buy this!
EDIT I'm taking my score down 2, because I've realised on me this oxidises very, very badly, and turns me a deep shade of orange. I did try to mix it with a lighter foundation but it didn't work, it just made everything orange!