October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Auburn404

I bought this to cover acne scars and dark spots that I used to have on my face, and also for the undereye area. Unfortunately, it didn't do its job. The consistency is pretty much like liquid foundation, and it sets right into the lines in the eye area. I also found that while the color seemed to match me in the MAC store, when I got home and started using it, it was a lot darker than what I thought it was. I pretty much used this a handful of times (tried to give it a chance) and then squeezed out the excess in the sink and now the empty tube is in an old MAC bag waiting to be taken back to the store to be recycled. Total waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by booshaynay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is really lovely for covering up blemishes. It's thick, yet it blends with my skin easily.

Dark circles, however, are another story. The concealer does do a nice job covering up the darkness under my eyes, but my dark circles really aren't very heavy to begin with. The thing that disappoints me about this product is that it seeps into the creases underneath my eyes and makes them look like wrinkles. Because of this, I never use this product underneath my eyes.

There really is a lot of product in the small tube that it comes in. Since I only use this to cover up blemishes, I expect it to last for quite a while. That being said, I won't be purchasing this product again because there are cheaper concealers out there that can cover my blemishes just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by itsjenna007

I have this in an NW20 for my under eye area. I do not have a problem with bad dark circles so this product is perfect for me. If you do have bad dark circles this wouldn't be the best thing to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my new favourite concealer! The coverage of this product is absolutely fantastic. It was a bit pricey though- about 18, but definitely worth it as it lasts ages!! I use NW20 and it is a perfect match!

Overall I love this product and if you're looking for great coverage (scars, spots etc) this is the product for you! It is definitely worth investing in!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first concealer I've tried that really works on my dark circles. I'm using NW20 and the red tint really neutralizes the darker blue tones of the circles. It does settle into my creases but it's not too noticeable. This is product blends well and lets my skin breathe. Also I haven't had any adverse reactions to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by gaohuian

I've had really bad eye circles all my life and I've been trying hard to find concealers that can cover them and also my blemishes.

I know what you're thinking. But this is not the answer. It's very dry and settles into the lines on my eyes. Only good for my blemishes. I tend to oil very easily and at the end maybe 3hrs, The coverage is gone. I'm thinking of trying Bobbi Brown's corrector for eye circles, and keep this for blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't want to review this concealer because I only used it twice, but at the same time I didn't want to continue using it because it didn't do much for me. This concealer is my first MAC concealer that I have ever used. I was expecting it to give me good coverage on my acne/acne scars, but instead it worked just like any other drugstore concealer I have used. Initially, when I went into MAC I was wanting to by the Mac Studio Finish concealer, or the Studio Sculpt one, but they MAC employee told me that the Studio Finish was going to leave me dewy and I should try the Select Cover up because it dries better. So, she tried it on me (over my foundation), and afterwards she told me if I was going to buy it, so I was like sure. I used it for the first time with my ELF concealer brush that I had just bought a couple of weeks ago. I squeezed a small dot on the back up my hand, and dipped the brush into it and applied it to my face with the brush. My first reaction was that it covered redness (like around my nose and other areas), but it didn't cover my acne marks (which are not deep at all, they are just red marks on the top layer of my skin). I could still see my acne 'scars' showing through, and I was like, "no, I bought a higher end concealer to leave my skin flawless, I'm not going to continue to use this". The second day I used it, and tried to layer it to build up the coverage but it just wasn't leaving me flawless. This time my skin looked oily with it on, and it wore not as great (considering I only wore it for 5 hours in an air conditioned room). The first day was a cooler day, so that could be the reason why it seemed to last longer. My face just did not look flawless, and it looked a little caky the 2nd day. Also, I noticed I had breakouts, which I'm thinking it might be this concealer, but I did use a new moisturizer on both those days that contains "butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) Oil". So, I'm still seeing if it was the moisturizer or concealer. I paid about 19$ with tax included for .33 fl. oz. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, if this was a great product.

Update: I just saw that the concealer contains the same oil as the moisturizer I used..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the studio finish concealer under my eyes because it's thicker and I use this one for areas on my face like my cheeks because it's a lighter consistency. I like it for that purpose. I'm still figuring out the best way to apply it--with a blending brush, sponge or concealer brush....I'll have to update later. The only con to this is with the the methods I'm using now, it feels a bit sticky which is weird, but is probably why I can say that it certainly does not budge through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by harajuku13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ok so i've had this producet since ummmm . . . . middle october. i have been seraching for a while for a good under eye concealer! n i know a lady very well that works for M-A-C n so i asked if she can match me up n tell me her honest opinouni about how it looked. (im a NW25 btw) n so she put it under my eyes n set it with M-A-C translusent powder. n she said it looked really good on me )n recommend not to really get M-A-C foundation do to it breaking out the skin n since i have a pimple every blue moon its a good idea to stay away from that) so i sent a pic to my Bestie n she said she didn't even notice that i was wearing concealer n that it covers very well. so i said i would come back n see if i liked it after walking around n seeing if it wears off or not. .. . . well it didnt! i really like this product! with e-l-f's primer n MUFE translusent pwoder i looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!! i don't think its water proof (like if you cry or go swimming) but it is sweat proof!! which is perfect for those who go to school for gym class. i took off a lipie cuz the packaging is alil annyouing. like if i squart a lil to much out its a pain to get it back in. but i really like it n it alot of product. i still have the same one. n it doesnt settle in to fine lines n such. great product. i will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by korriemonster

This does not have the best coverage. I don't usually have serious blemishes so that's okay. It blends well. I have it in NW15 (although I wear Studio Fix in C2) and I use it under the eyes and as a "brightener." It does not crease or accentuate my tiny under eye wrinkles. (Unlike Revlon's PhotoReady concealer. Grrr....) Unfortunately it does NOT work around the nostrils, where it tends to highlight dry skin and enlarged pores. MUFE's Full Cover concealer works much better for me there.