Juicy Couture Fragrance

3.5

on 4/26/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow, so many bad reviews?!?! I for one actually love this bold scent. Its my favourite to wear when I'm going out at night and its lasting power is amazing. It's definitely strong when you smell the bottle, but it has a unique, wonderful scent that I have never smelt before. My 50mL bottle has lasted me about 4-5 years now because I only use it occasionally when I'm out and about at night...but I love it :)

on 4/22/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Why the hell are these jc bottles so clunky?! This stuff smells like pepper.

I bought this without smelling it first. Oops. Well sometimes I like to go on a whim.
The best part about this fragrance is that once it settles into your skin for about 2 or more hours, it is LOVELY. Absolutely to die for.
The bad news is, before the 2 hour mark it smells pretty bad, like chemical soup with some flowers thrown in. I cannot stand how it smells right out of the bottle or for a few hours afterwards. I used to have to spray it on me before I went to bed so I could get that lovely drydown. Sadly, it's too frustrating to wear a fragrance this way.

on 4/1/2011 11:05:00 PM

I don't know what changed, but I used to think this was way too strong, chemical and just all-around horrible. Now I freakin' LOVE it. It is a sweet but somewhat dry tuberose scent that has a fresh edge and wonderful sillage. Weird how tastes or perceptions can change. An absolute fave of mine now.

on 3/30/2011 12:13:00 PM

This is my favorite of all the JC fragrances and ironically I tried this one last...it's a sweet vanilla candy on me, it's very nice in it's little tester spot on my skin but I think it may be overpowering if I sprayed more than one spray on me...the sweetness might just gag me. I did get a sample from the nice lady at Sephora and will definately use it and maybe update my review when I don't have 3 other test perfumes on me. ;0)

Updated to add: this stuff is not overpoweringly sweet even if using 2-3 sprays, I absolutely love it!! Plus I love the bottle, it's substantial! It could probably be used as a weapon it's so heavy! always a plus, hehe! ;0)

9/10 :0)

on 3/20/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i have this perfume, but haven't used it in MONTHS. i dont hate it, but i find myself never reaching for this perfume...
I like spritzing myself with some perfume later during the day at work and because in my country they only sell the big bottle, i cant find it in smaller size and if i cannot carry it in my purchase to refresh my fragrance later, i wont use it as often... so i hardly wear this. The last time i must've spritzed this was months ago! but im smelling this now and this is quite a lovely young scent. Maybe I can use this for travelling or laid back days at home when studying to perk up my mood - because its quite a feel good sweet smelling scent. Not too sweet and not too musky either. just a nice balance.

wish i can get it in smaller size, cos then id buy it again and even buy it for my 12yr old niece, i think its suits the younger girls much better, definately not for older woman...

on 3/2/2011 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is just as nasty as all the rest of the juicy perfumes. This smells strong of powder and it smells like an older person scent. It is not terrible but I don't like the smell of powdery scents. I would only recommend this to older more mature women.

on 2/22/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

Love, love, love it! I only got the sample size it cost about $35 dollar. So yes it is expensive, but I'm dying to get the full size. To describe it, is starts out with a clean scent, then floral with a hint of musk. I think the label says Love J & P. It's an new all time favorite.

on 1/30/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It took a while for this to grow on me. It's kind of strong. I actually like to spray it in the air, and then walk through it. This sat in a drawer, unloved, for a long time until I happened to swap for a small jar of the body cream. Oh. My. Goodness. The body cream is DIVINE!!! It's everything I wanted the spray to be. So now, I wear the body cream and then just add a little spritz of the perfume. It's girly and pink and creamy goodness and it lasts a long time.

Anything that calls itself "Couture" girls, is not couture.

So that being said, I've loved my Juicy jeans. I didn't have high expectations for this scent which is why I just "like it" but don't love it. If I expected more from it, perhaps I'd hate it. BUT my low expectations is what helps me appreciate the scent.

I was worried it would smell cheap and trashy because the bottle is ghastly. Large and clunky, the cap is tacky with the charms but I think the purses by Juicy are tacky too. But I love their denim, it gives a good lift to my bottom. SO I had to try the scent. I orginally smelt this in 2006 on a girl in a club and asked her what she was wearing. Thankfully she didn't stare at me like a I was a freak and said it was Juicy Couture. I hadn't found this in a department store near me so I waited a while to get to smell the real deal.

In the bottle and on others I enjoy it. It is a girly scent, floral and a little fruity but nothing like Ed Hardy. It's more of a watermelon fruity scent and I do like that. It is sweet with a candy caramel but not offensive at all. I can smell the floral once it dries down. I know they are white florals but I don't get the tuberose. So I think it is more floral than vanilla or gourmand.

I don't think it works well with my body chemistry sadly. On me it smells strong and changes on my skin. I do find it young and childish on me. On others it smells nice.

If you want a fun girlie fruity bubbly scent there are so many better choices out there like Miss Dior Cherie.

Popular Fragrances