July 30, 2014 | 1769 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by babiigurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I found also that this product didn't set very well on my face, it was something about it that didn't feel natural. But I found instead of the sponge applicator that comes with it, I applied it with a foundation brush and it seems to blended in a lot better and didn't require me to use much of it. This is the EXACT colour for my skin which is the only reason why I will use this a lot! Suprisingly it didn't mask the oil which is strange, and needed to blot during the day. Heres the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Good coverage which is buildable
- Compact form so is portable
- Matched my skin tone perfectly

Cons:
- Didn't set well, felt too caked on (from using a tinted moisturiser before so not used to the feel of it)
- Didn't control my oil a great deal which was odd..
- No SPF
- Too pricey, normally $75 AUS but managed to find it at strawberrynet.com.au for $48

I want to try the liquid version, but wouldn't pay $75 for it.. that's the only thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I love all things Bobbi Brown, so I thought this was a no brainer. Was I ever disappointed. The foundation was oil free, and yet it leaves a film that just does not seem to set, and seems to just sit on top of your skin all day. If I did touch my face, and a paper later on, I found there was make up transfer. This does not happen with other foundations, so it was very odd, and off putting. I am even afraid to put my head on my hubby's shoulder for fear of transferring the makeup on to his clothing.
I will say the colour selected, warm natural, was dead-on, which is incredibly hard to get with other foundations. I tried it with a primer, and powder, but it still did not set. It did not perform as expected. In spite of this, I still love Bobbi Brown.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by chicklittist

I have an acne-prone and combination skin, and buying this product is my biggest mistake since I discovered the world of cosmetics.

Previously, I used BB brightening powder foundation; colour(natural, 4) was very good, it blended really well and managed to get an almost, even texture. Also, amount of oil was controlled moderately.

However, curiosity got the better of me, and so I decided to try for BB Oil-free foundation, thinking that since it is oil-free, the oil-control action would be much better. However, I was wrong.

On the second day after I purchased this product, I decided to use it. However, when I was applying it on my face with the sponge, I noticed that it was very creamy, and didn't turn powdery, AT ALL. So I thought, maybe it will, after I finished applying it on my entire face. And so, I took my eyebrow pencil, and started to draw my eyebrows...I was shocked! It glided too smoothly, that it my eyebrows were so thick, and didn't even look natural!! That was when, I stopped, and took a step backwards, and examined at the face in the mirror; my face was dewy, and oily looking.

With my huge disappointment, and frustration(obviously, the salesperson lied to me, saying that it will turn powdery), I went to work, with the hope that it WILL still turn powdery, and that eventually the dewy look will wear off (dewy look is not great at all if you have combination/oil/acne-prone skin).

With that said, by the time it was 6pm, (I went to the washroom before heading home), I looked haggard, skin was totally greasy and oily.

Today is my second day using it...my mum commented, "I don't think this foundation is for you..."

I am so heading to the dept.store tomorrow to get a normal, liquid or powder foundation!

Any recommendations? I heard bare minerals is really good?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by 212aaa212

advantages: great coverage ,helps partially covering bad bags ,great colour selection, semi- matte

Disadvantages: when you look at the foundation you think its dark but when u apply it its MUCH lighter...make sure u try it out before purchase,and the more u put the lighter it gets.so its a little tricky

i wouldnt buy it again because it broke me out and finishes quickly

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ItsFabulousAli

Hi there, just bought this foundation at the weekend and well absolutely gutted that I did.....i was looking for a foundation that was flawless as i have acne prone skin and have lots of scars....so i came across this one as it is not only supposed to be great fro acne prone skin but the coverage is supposed to be 'spot on'.....so i went to the Bobbi Brown counter and the girl - who was great - applied this foundation...she managed to find the perfect match for my skin tone which i thought was great, she applied the tiniest amount :) and she also applied the oil free primer (before).....so i appeared to have the look i wanted, she convinced me that it would stay on for hours and there wouldnt be as much oil on my face as there normally is.....soooo being really excited i bought them both (about 50 quids worth).....however i have never been so disappointed....after a couple of hours my face was MORE oiler than before!!!! And the make up just slid right off my face bearing all red marks!!!! How flattering! I felt like rubbish not only because i had spent a fortune but because i looked a mess!!......i thought maybe it was the primer so today i have tried it without the primer and again same result.....my face just feels like it needs to have a good wash - it is soooooo greasy i feel disgusting :(:( so gutted......i swore by bare minerals make up before buying this but just fancied trying a liquid foundation for a change......i most defintootly am going right back to bare minerals tomo!!!! Honestly anyone who has acne prone skin i really do highly recommend bare min foundation it is great and the fact that if you accidently slept in it (after a night out on the town for me ;)) it doesnt harm your skin! It really is amazing.....

Obviously everyones skin is different so hey if you like this BB foundation thats great but for me unfo i hate it!! :D i really should have got a tester....but me being me i was blown away with the result she gave me - stupid really!! be careful if you are considering as it isnt the cheapest :D....anyways thanks for reading my moan :D....hope this helped any :D xx

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

Hmm.. I have really mixed feelings about this foundation
But because its 40 euros im going to be very strict.
The color. My color match is 3,5 warm beige.
In the pan it looks really really dark. But once you dip your brush on the product it becomes lighter. Blending it on my face it becomes even lighter. But it is really yellow. YUCK!! Dont believe the MUA when they say it is not yellow but natural and everyone looks good with yellow. Please dont! Seriously revlon colorstay matches me a lot better than this professional product?! So.. minus one lippie
The MUA recommended me not to use the sponge. Otherwise you will use more product then needed and you will run out of it very quickly. The product is I use my fingers and it has been one week since I started to use this. And I already see a huge dip in the pan. My foundation application is just normal. I dont see this product last me for a month!!!! Most Foundations last me 3/4 months. Minus two lippies! waaayy tooo expensive!!! that would be +/- 120 euros compared to liquid foundations. I have heard that compact were way more concentrated so it would last you a long time. But this is just 9 grams of liquid medium/full coverage foundation in compact form.
The application: it gives you a flawless finish. It doesnt sit into pores and make it looks gross. The coverage is medium to full! Love that! Good job BB! + one lippie.
The packaging. It is a very clean packaging. Mirror, foundation and underneath the foundation there is a space to store the sponge. But the downside is that it is huge. I wanted a compact to carry it around with me for touch ups. Now.. I know that BB sells touche up sticks but it is like 2 grams for 20 euros. Give me a break! Anyway I find the XL packaging bit too much for me. Plus 0,5 lippie.
The lasting power is Ok. Nothing special.. after a few hours it fades away.. and you have to do your touche ups.. Btw Oil free.. doesnt mean oil control! BB doesnt claim that it provides oil control or lasting power. But come on! This is for oily skin.. It should provide lasting power because our skin makes everything fade away minus 0.5 lippie
Conclusion:
Your skin will look like a flawlessly yellow brick for a lot of money. Oily face + touche ups garantie!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Vivora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi all, after looking my whole "make up life" for a really matching my tone/color/skin foundation i must say that i LOVE this product. I have what they call an "halo" around my face, so it was so difucult for me to find a foundation that didnt go ashy or was too dark or too light or too red/orange or didnt then looked like i had a masker on when taking pictures. After years off trying with the Revlon Colorstay in toast (a shade that a lot of brown women use having really different complexions) whith every time buying another powder to try to even the color, I am now officially a nr. 6 Golden BB chick!! Ok, it's pricey and without the powder it rubs from my face to my fingers to my office documents (hihihi) but i am in loooove with the color match!!! But the powder do help against rubbing of or wearing off and besides it gives you that finishing touch.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first foray into Bobbi Brown foundations and I was severely disappointed. It is oil-free but it made my normal skin slick and more than just "dewy". I think it is the amount of silicone that is in it that makes it slip. I have tried other cream foundations and this was really bad. Plus it doesn't blend well... you can see the strokes when you use it with a brush and I am a perfectionist when it comes to blending. As a result I have to use loose powder to blend it and take away the shine. I will try some other products as sometimes there are lemons in each line.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by exceptional1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TERRIBLE!!! First of all Bobbi Brown claims to be able to match all skin tones. Uh...WRONG!!! Her colors are either too orange, too yellow, or even worse to red (and I mean beet red). I personally attempted to match myself at home with samples of the liquid version and various testing in the store and was completely unable to do so. The colors were so way off. Also even though this claims to be oil free, it is still very heavy and makes your skin very oily. I usually buy all types of products and try and give them a chance and linger with them for a moment but this went back ASAP!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really loved this foundation the first time I bought it. Never had I had such a wonderful color match. I was matched to 6.5 Warm almond. For the first month I wore this my skin looked wonderful. It covered all my imperfections and gave me a natural/matte finish. However, after the first month I started to notice clogged pores all over my chin. I stopped using this foundation and started focusing on skin care. When I went back to this foundation I noticed that this was the cause of my clogged pores. It could have been a beautiful thing but now it just sits in a box with all my other failed foundations.