August 30, 2014 | 1554 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRose

Although I haven't got the waterproof version, the main problem I have with this is that by the end of the day, I have little black flakes around my eyes, making me look like I have heavy bags from a distance, and like I can't afford a decent mascara close up. Except this was supposed to be a decent mascara (it's chanel) and is one of the most expensive on the market. I expected better. It hardly curls, lengthens or adds volume, overall it's pretty average. If you're looking for a better chanel mascara, try exceptionnel, it really does curl and add volume, and is roughly the same price.
EDIT: perhaps I was a bit harsh, as this mascara does work in a way (it does lenghten the lashes) but this doesn't justify the smudging and the high price. Perhaps getting the waterproof version might be better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample in Noir Obscur. I'm not really impressed. First coat gives color and definition and a bit of curl. Second coat super thickens and darkens my lashes to give me that Vegas showgirl fake lashes. That's the one added plus about this mascara--you would think you had a thin strip of bear or mink fur across your lashes because it's so thick and dark. No added length or curl however for me. It does go on rather clumpy and I still have to use a lash brush to get separation and the look of really thick lashes.

In order for me to warrant a full purchase of this product, I expect a mascara to be hassle free and keep its curl without drooping down and the lashes separate without added brushing out. Meh, I'll stick with my Diorshow mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

a very mediocre mascara. save your money. this clumps badly, almost glues my eyelashes together, and the lengthening is crooked and tacky looking. if i'm not careful i definitely get the 'spider leg' effect. i like the shape of the wand for getting my sparse lower lashes but the formula just sucks. it's also a bit difficult to remove at night, smears off on my slightly oily lids and dries out my eyelashes so badly that they fall out sometimes. not worth it it at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just tried this mascara today. It gives great lengthening and fantastic separation. The black color is also relatively pigmented (although not as pigmented as my L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, but nothing is so that's not an issue). I received a sample tube of this for my birthday, and I really like it this so far, but the full size is just too expensive for me right now. But it is definately a good mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sayangjennifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I found the results of this mascara amazing. But after a while its like the formule changed. After three tubes Im forever done with this mascara. My first point is that it doesnt stay on well all day. It gets clumpy after 5 hours. Then it really dries out after three weeks, maybe because I have had to use 5 layers to be done to get a okay natural look, that is does gives you. Overall im very dissapointed. No curl, no length, only good seperation what as far as im concerned also works with the cheaper mascaras in the market like Maybelline. Wont be repurchasing this, its not worth my money at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by OnTheRock111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This mascara separates my lashes beautifully! I've tried so many mascaras before but none does the separation as good as this one!! No more spider legs, no clumping, no smudging! I live in Asia and its always hot and humid and I used to get dark circles from other mascara, but not with this one! When I curl my lashes with the Shu eyelash curler beforehand and apply this mascara after, the curl stays on all day long!!
For me, it gives me the "natural-curled -lashes-look", perfect for day time, college or casual meetings.
However, it does not give me that much volume nor does it lengthen my lashes as promised. Since I have these typical long Asian lashes, I do not really look for length but I still want the volume hence it fails to provide. Even with several coatings, there is still not much volume.
As an everyday "day time" mascara, for natural look and curl, this mascara is perfect.
But if you are looking for a mascara which gives you the dramatic, extreme, fake-eyelashes look, for night time or clubbing, this mascara will not work for you.

Overall, I would probably buy this mascara because it just separates and curls my lashes so nicely and it doesnt clump or smudge which is very important for me since as I said I live in a very hot and humid environment AND I am a contact lenses wearer so my eyes are always moist. However, if I can find or if I hear of another cheaper/ drug store mascara which separates and curls my lashes just as good, then I would buy that one rather than this Chanel one. Because Chanel promises: separation, curl, lenght and volume - all in one. But for me it works only 50% - the separation and the curl.
Nevertheless, I still like this one and since I am traveling abroad next month, I will look for it at Duty Free. And if I have enough pocket money left, I'll probably take this one home.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It lengthens, defines, and separates really well, no clumps for me. The only letdown for me is that it does not hold a curl. It weighs down my asian eyelashes and by the end of the day, my lashes are pin straight. I wouldn't buy this again because I cannot afford this on my college budget, but overall it's a decent mascara if you're not looking to hold a curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Hypper

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. Its the best mascara I ever tried. Its just amazing. I always buy it, even when its pretty expensive. I don't care about the price. Im in love with this mascara! Buy it people! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by dippid85

I have looked EVERYWHERE for a mascara that would hold a curl for any length of time - and this product does just that! I absolutely love it, would be giving it a 5 if it added just a bit more volume. I love the brush, and the silicone keeps lashes from clumping or sticking together. Amazing separation. This is the best mascara I have found so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by samolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Expensive and useless product. It is dry and it makes my lashes look messy. Clumping and flaking is not what I expect from a brand new mascara.