Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 12/1/2009 8:11:00 PM

This makeup is brilliant! My skin is weird...I have flaky chin,oily nose,semi-oily cheeks,lots of reddish pink marks from acne. On good days when my red marks look more pale,you can only see one red mark show through. On bad days where my red marks appear darker,there's still about a 70% improvement after I apply the makeup. It goes on very smoothly over my entire face,even my chin.I sometimes get those deep,throbbing pimples but this foundation has never made it worse. As you wear it through the day,it starts to "set" even more and looks better,just be sure to oil blot through the day. It actually holds up better to my oil than other brands,though.Mineral makeup does tend to be messy,but the coverage is so good I really couldn't care less!I wear black shirts a lot and all I need is one swipe with my arm and all the speckles brush off.It doesn't stick to your clothes,so the mess part shouldn't even be a big deal.

on 11/27/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is going to be a similar review to my review on the Semi-Matte formula. While the EM samples were really cheap, and I had no problem with the packing, the problem I do have with these foundations is that they just don't show up on my face. Although the coverage is noticably heavier than the Semi-Matte upon application, this makeup just disappears minutes after it's applied - it settles into my skin and ends up accentuating my flakies and oilies. I once applied this foundation (with Kaolin Powder Sunlight underneath and Daydream blush on the cheeks) and 30 minutes later my friends ask me if I was going to put any makeup on before we went out! My skin looked exactly the same as it did without makeup, and believe you me, I do not have great skin without makeup! The other thing that was kind of weird was that while Semi Matte in Golden Fair was my perfect match, Intensive in Golden Fair seemed a little pinker (and maybe slightly darker, as many users warned would happen with the Intense formula). Plus the color is really flat, and the finish is a bit dull (is it too much to ask that a makeup give both good coverage and a healthy-looking finish?) I used the EM flat top brush to apply. Wish I could find a chemical-free makeup that really worked!

on 11/22/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love intensive. Awhile back I broke out horribly trying OCM (used it too often..) and I had acne all over my cheeks which I never used to have. Eventually the acne went away (with the help of prescription cream from the dr) but I was left with severe scarring. Mint concealer, multi-tasking concealer and my foundation (at that time Olive - Sweet Almond wasn't out yet so I mixed Light Olive with Sunlight concealer to get the right shade) in intensive kept me from living as a hermit.

If you apply it wet it might be too cakey / powdery for you so I apply mine with a rosewater glycerin spray (50 % rosewater glycerin, 50% water). Lately I've noticed my scars have finally disappeared so instead of applying my foundation the usual way I mix it with my moisturizer and apply it like that. In areas that I need a little more coverage I add a sprinkle of multi-tasking so my foundation / moisturizer mix.

1 lippie off for the lid. If you bang your foundation into your lid it'll eventually crack and fall apart.. I use a small ceramic dish now.

Would DEFINITELY repurchase. In fact I have about 4 containers of foundation left ^^

on 11/22/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm changing my review of this Product after using it for over a month. I'm giving a 3 because all the formulations make my face look shiny after a while. At first, I didnt mind it because I usually have dry skin. But after a while it makes me look like I have oily skin, which isnt ver attractive. The coverage is great and it goes on really well and doesnt break me out.

on 11/12/2009 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried many different mineral foundations and this is by far my favorite. I have super sensitive acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out. The color I use is winged butter and its the best match for my skin color I've found because I have a strong yellow undertone. The coverage is great and it stays on very well. It is on the matte side but if you have oily skin, it will turn really dewy pretty in like four hours. I've had problems with getting this to have a good finish like it looked spotty in some places but later I found out that it was because I was using too many layers of skincare, which was balling up with the brush strokes and then the makeup settles in the stuff. I was using aha and two moisturizers on top and when I cut down to just the aha and one moisturizer, the finish is amazing, great coverage and doesn't accentuate dryness. If you buff it in really well, you don't need much at all and you get great coverage.

on 11/10/2009 10:30:00 PM

This product has amazing coverage. This can definitely get a little cakey if you apply too much but using a mixing medium really helps control that. I would definitely buy again.

on 11/8/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried Lily Lolo and Sheer Cover before, and it really made my skin clear up from acne and I was happy. But reading alot about Everyday Minerals I decided to try it.

I found a perfect color match and when first applying it did cover well, but it looked HORRIBLE after a few hours, even when using a primer.
But I still liked the coverage and kept using it.

After about a week my skin had broke out like crazy. I was getting huge pimples that hurt my face really bad.
Also it gave me pimples on my nose and forehead, even though I litterally never get any break outs in those places.

I wouldn't recommend this (or the mint concealer) if you have acneprone skin.

Edit: Okay, I was harsh on this just for the fact that it breaks me out.
I actually raised the grading from two to four because if this wouldn't break me out, it would be my HG foundation. It looks so amazing.
Full coverage, natual and long lasting. So, definitaly try it!

on 11/7/2009 10:40:00 AM

The intensive formula can be a bit dryiing for my already dry face especially in the winter time and sometimes could look cakey if I dont moisturize well before applying it. However, I do like the coverage it gives. I tend to use this formula during the summer time because:
1. provides more coverage
2. I get more oily during the summer
3. lasts longer than oglo
4. shades run darker so I could get the same color as I normally do but wear it during the summer when my skin is a bit more tan

Overall, a good product as long as you know how to make it work and when to wear it :) I would repurchase

on 10/29/2009 6:56:00 PM

I decided to try EM after becoming too pale for Bare Minerals (MAC 05 - I use Fair Neutral in EM & I think it's the palest shade). I started with original glo, which blended well & went on smoothly (though not as blendable & smooth as BM was), but didn't cover enough. So I got a sample of the intensive base, which does not do what it claims to do. It's supposed to be the formula w/the best coverage, but I still need to use a ton to get semi-decent coverage, and what I use doesn't blend into my skin & disappears w/in a couple of hours. Also, it oxidizes to several shades darker (I am sure of this because sometimes there is some left on the palette I use with my brush, and when I go back the next day to use it, it has turned orange-ish compared to the powder in the pot, not to mention that at the beginning of the day I think it looks like a good color match, but when I come home it suddenly looks dreadful). I know my problems don't lie in what I use under it, because I've tried several different moisturizers/primers and none of them have solved the problem(s). At least the samples are cheap?

on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM

I love this brand of mineral makeup! Their sample packs are fun, inexpensive, and a great way to find your foundation shade as they have a heap of color choices with very subtle shade differences.

This product in the intensive formula covers ruddy areas quite well, it looks natural, and feels comfortable on my face unlike some other brands that cause a bit of itchiness, especially during humid months. I can't remember the last time I used liquid foundation!

If I have any beef at all, it would only be with the website - every time I go there to make another purchase, even though I am a returning customer I have to start all over with another new password, etc. Aside from that pesky issue, Everyday Minerals is a nice discovery.