November 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lycra Lash Extender

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by JillMakeupArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't bother with this mascara! Didn't do anything. I kept putting on layer after layer trying to thicken it and it didn't work. Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Normally I like volumizing mascaras, but I thought I would try this one due to the promise of 60% longer lashes.

I got no extra length, zero volume and my curl drooped. Such a waste of time and money.

Skip this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara claims to lengthen and curl. I got straight, heavy, unnatural lashes similar to a previous poster. I also did not get any added volume. The wand was bad as well - the sparse bristles were fussy to work with and left clumps galore. The formula is pretty wet, so I had to wait forever to try to comb the clumps out. The one pro: it doesn't smudge too badly. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by cosfomula

This is one of the few mascara that I've tried that is actually pretty 'wet'. I've tried so many different mascaras and most of them are pretty thick or dry up quickly. The wet ones, I find, are easily to apply on the lashes. This partiular one have thin bristles on the brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked for me the first time I tried it. I actually went out and bought another tube after I used it up. I tried it again about a year ago, and it was absolute crap. It was clumpy and it made my eyes itchy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by bluelikeme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is honestly the worst mascara I have ever tried. My lashes are thin and fair and a decent length but unnoticeable without mascara. I bought this macara when it first came out and threw it away almost immediately. The brush was awful, but moreso, it clumped sooo badly that I didn't even want to be seen in public wearing it. Thus, it was difficult to apply, did not work well and did not extend my lashes whatsoever.

I called Rimmel to complain about how awful the mascara was (because I found it *that* awful). The company said they would send me a coupon for the cost of the mascara and a different replacement product. It is now many years later and I have never received either. I have also never purchased another Rimmel product again. Not out of spite, but out of a belief that the company makes inferior products and isn't willing to stand behind them.

Seriously, buy a different mascara. This one sounds enticing but is the exact opposite.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Passionatenotobsessed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It has decent curling power and lengthens a little bit but it doesn't have enough building power for me. It was heavier than I expected it to be. it is pigmented just enough. lashes looked "a little more noticeable than natural"-I compare it with Maybelline great lash as far as texture goes, it is soft but the pigment doesn't compare..
I don't like the handle. Its bigger and bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ses123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara that I have ever used. It makes my lashes long and holds curl without making them stiff. Its really black too. Which I love. The swirls on the cap make it easy to turn to open it too.
Love, love, love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be good but it was terrible. I made me little length and no, absolutely no volume and it doesn't hold a curl. I normally don't really even need to curl my lashes b/c mascara normally give them some lift but this is the only mascara I've ever used to made my lashes droop. Because of this mascara I haven't been wearing mascara at all recently b/c it does nothing for my lashes :[

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

It's good for lengthening but it doesn't really make a huge difference. My lashes look very natural. The curling properties is not the greatest but it's there. It doesn't clump nor does it give you spidery lashes. In fact, it separates lashes very nicely and gives a nice feathery look. Since I have thin lashes I would prefer to have more volume but if you're just looking for length and very natural lashes, then this is great because it's cheap too. I find it's much better when used on top of my BadGal mascara especially at the tip of the lashes to make them longer. On it's own, I'm not impressed.