Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

on 3/12/2010 12:29:00 PM

OMG the SMELL of this is revolting! I felt so sick the day I tried this. It actually does work and I wish they'd make an unscented vesion b/c this is just GROSS. UGH would not every buy again!

on 3/9/2010 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this dry shampoo! It's simply the best one out there. I've tried many others and always come back to this one. If I really want to I can go about 3 days without washing when using this. The only two cons I'd say are price it's a bit steep and the packaging can be a pain.

on 2/5/2010 7:11:00 PM

I've tried many dry shampoo sprays and got fed up with them running out so quickly, so I decided to try this so I can actually see how much I'm using. So far I love it! I think it'll last me way longer than the other dry shampoos I've tried. It is hard to control how much power comes out (the reason I rated it 4 stars overall and 3 stars for packaging), but its easier to get it where you want unlike a spray. I like the smell, although my sister said it reminded her of lemon-scented Lysol haha.
UPDATE: I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 5 simply because, for me, this is the best dry shampoo I have found in 2 years of trying MANY dry shampoos. This is my HG and I'm now on my 5th bottle (a bottle will last me around 4-6 months)! The trick to controlling how much powder comes out is to shake the bottle rather than squeeze. Squeezing causes way too much powder to come out and will make your hair look ashy, which is really bad since I'm a brunette. I mostly use this at night, that way it has time to soak up the oil and not look white.

on 2/5/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is alright. The smell does not bother me. It does make my hair look clean and remove oil. I really have to work it into my scalp though. I usually have to put hairspray over it to absorb some of the powder. I used to use plain old baby powder before I bought this and I feel it works just as good and is much cheaper!

on 2/2/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's a good product, but it gets sloppy. I find that the spray runs out fast which is why I purchased the loose powder. It does a great job, and I love the smell of lemons. The only cons I have to say is that it get's sloppy and it feels heavy on my scalp as the day goes by.

on 1/26/2010 9:40:00 PM

This did not work for me. I used the product correctly but was getting flakes coming from my scalp and it looked like dandruff! I brushed it out fine but if I scratched my head, I would get this nasty powder under my nails. Also the smell is too overpowering. The application was really hard to get a small enough amount spread evenly over the areas you need it to.

Batiste (pink bottle) works better, easier application for a lot less $$

on 1/26/2010 7:48:00 PM

Not a fan. After minutes and minutes of rubbing I could still see the powder on my roots. Whenever I've tried baby powder it's taken a minute to rub in at most. I don't know how this can be worse than using baby powder, but it is.

on 12/21/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this!!! I have long, fine hair that gets a little oily on top the day after washing, but the ends stay dry. It's better for my hair not to wash it every day, but baby powder makes it look gray, and the sprays I've tried smell so bad that I can't stand using them, so I keep washing. Until now. This is a powder that has a nozzle-shaped applicator so you can apply it only to the oily roots -- genius!!! The smell is fresh and lemony, and since it just stays at the scalp you don't really smell it much. The best thing is that it blends right into my hair without any dull, powdery or gray look. I bought it at drugstore.com

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up for $8 at Sephora. I have an extremely oily scalp and baby powder does nothing to help. Pronto is the first dry shampoo I have tried, and I really like it. The scent is lemony and nice, and I don't get white spots in my hair after working this in and styling. It definitely cuts down on the oil, and I can see myself rebuying.

on 12/3/2009 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a must for people w/ oily scalps and fine hair like me. I love having this stuff on hand when I need it. I very much prefer the powder to the spray. The spray only gave me a few uses, whereas the powder lasted quite a long time. This is nice since it's a little pricey. I had no trouble blending in the powder and a nice bonus is increased volume and texture.