October 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a fan. After minutes and minutes of rubbing I could still see the powder on my roots. Whenever I've tried baby powder it's taken a minute to rub in at most. I don't know how this can be worse than using baby powder, but it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!!! I have long, fine hair that gets a little oily on top the day after washing, but the ends stay dry. It's better for my hair not to wash it every day, but baby powder makes it look gray, and the sprays I've tried smell so bad that I can't stand using them, so I keep washing. Until now. This is a powder that has a nozzle-shaped applicator so you can apply it only to the oily roots -- genius!!! The smell is fresh and lemony, and since it just stays at the scalp you don't really smell it much. The best thing is that it blends right into my hair without any dull, powdery or gray look. I bought it at drugstore.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for $8 at Sephora. I have an extremely oily scalp and baby powder does nothing to help. Pronto is the first dry shampoo I have tried, and I really like it. The scent is lemony and nice, and I don't get white spots in my hair after working this in and styling. It definitely cuts down on the oil, and I can see myself rebuying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kellygirl75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a must for people w/ oily scalps and fine hair like me. I love having this stuff on hand when I need it. I very much prefer the powder to the spray. The spray only gave me a few uses, whereas the powder lasted quite a long time. This is nice since it's a little pricey. I had no trouble blending in the powder and a nice bonus is increased volume and texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a godsend. My hair cannot survive without this. I blow my hair out every 3-4 days. In between shampoos, this lemon-scented dry shampoo helps keep away the greasies. I found it easy to use... just apply to the roots and brush through. I have dark brown/black hair, and this did not make my hair dull or powdery looking. I think it might if I used too much, but that was never a problem.

I was such a skeptic regarding dry shampoos before trying this, and I'm soooooo glad I did. This stuff is great and the travel size bottle goes everywhere with me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I love this stuff...it smells lemony and works great at perking up a tired hairstyle. It absorbs oil nicely too and doesn't make my dark hair very dull...would re buy again and again! I have used both the spray and the powder and prefer the spray because it's quick and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Anyone who has used baby powder or cornstarch know there is a BIG diffference between that and an actual hair powder. If you think it's hard to blend this in, those are almost impossible and leave your hair gray or dull/spotted with powder. I prefer this to the can spray, which went back. Sure it's not cheap, but you only use it at the roots and brush it through. The main ingredient of rice starch is much lighter and airy on the hair. I love the scent, it's clean lemon verbena. Very fresh and not too strong. I'd die if my hair color washed out too fast after what I paid to get it done. So this is a small amount of money to hand over. The reason the spray form is at such a low buy again percentage is it has to be shaken for 5 minutes to prevent clogging, and the nozzle has to be turned 10-15 times after each use. It clogs fast! And sprays too much at once, you cannot control the amount. The air inside the can continues to escape...so it goes empty and cannot be used. People are getting maybe 2 or 3 uses and that's it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo very often, but I love it when I do. I have fine, shoulder-length blonde hair that I wash either every day or every other day. When I've gone to the trouble of blowing it out, I usually skip a day of washing. And that's when this product comes in handy.

As mentioned, the powder does tend to come out in spurts. I run about three lines through the length of my scalp, rub it in like a shampoo, and then brush my hair. Then I like to part my hair in a few different places to make sure all the product has been dispersed properly.

I've tried many dry shampoos- the sprays either clog or run out after very few uses, and that cornstarch/baby power trick? It doesn't work for me. The Oscar Blandi shampoo does what it claims, makes your hair smell lemony, and is just an all-around great thing to have on hand. It's invaluable when you're in a rush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by JamieP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not know what I would do without this stuff. Dry shampoo is a necessity if you are trying to preserve color treated hair.

Even though the bottle is on the pricey side, it lasts a very long time. A large bottle lasts me for about 6 months. I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days and this stuff keeps my hair manageable and smelling like lemons. My boyfriend likes the scent and he can still play with my hair so that is a big selling point for me.

I do not recommend using it more than 3 days in a row because like all product, it will build up and you hair will feel dirty, especially your scalp.

I have bright red hair and I have no trouble blending this white powder rendering it unnoticeable. If my boyfriend tells me that he sees any powder, I just rub it in some more and brush it out. I think you have to have patience and a light hand in order to use this stuff properly.

The biggest surprise for me was how manageable my hair was after using it. I love to wear my hair in 40's/50's pinup styles and this dry shampoo has made it so much easier to get dramatic rolls, curls and volume. If I want more shine, I lightly spritz my 'do with Paul Mitchel The Shine Spray.

On the flip side of up-do's, my hair looks just as awesome if I wear it down, but I prefer to use my curling iron to give it some shape.

Pronto is a staple in my beauty regimen and a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I admit I've never used this product, but it seems a little overpriced considering that I've used cornstarch and i think I get the same results you guys have described. I think I found this trick from a Seventeen article from years ago.

give it a try- you might save a lot of $$!