September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Putting this on after finishing my makeup routine ruins everything. It's like it made my makeup "move" and "slide" on my face. It did not give any added benefit (no pun intended) to my finished look. Definitely a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this when I bought it (several years ago).

Of course, almost all testers in the store seem to work great & be really promising, inducing me to plunk down the $$ for this, only to find that in everyday life it didn't make much difference for me. I had very oily skin then & it didn't hold shine at bay. It did feel velvety & initially looked a bit smooth, but it didn't smooth out my (giant) pores. In a short while (1/2 hr) the shine was back & then I worried about clogging my acne-prone skin, which was the last thing I wanted.

I stopped using it 1/4 way through & forgot all about it. My face is different now - it's less oily & I don't have acne anymore (though I do still have the big pores, plus more wrinkles & some unpleasant hyperpigmentation) but I wouldn't go out & get this product to use again. It's not worth anything.

(It's amazing how this product get such consistently low ratings yet so many ppl buy it or try it & the company keeps making it.)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Catdevotee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why I ever bought this product without even trying it first. It's the biggest regret I've made of buying makeup. It's supposed to mattify, but it feels greasy. I thought that it would dry up after awhile but no, my face just got oilier. And it's not cheap either! I wonder how this product was ever allowed to be sold...sheesh!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by KMSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really 'get' this product - it's not really a primer, and it's not really for finishing. I got it as a gift and slapped it on until it ran out, but I'd rather use a primer like smashbox, or a powder like Mac's Blot Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by jelly1211

IT CLOGS PORES! and I think the main ingredient is cornstarch. My face feels like a sheet of fondant (the really smooth and pretty sugar layer used to wrap cakes for decoration)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by AlisonLondon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to purchase this but once I tried it out I was really dissapointed. I was expecting it to give me a matte, velvety smooth finish but instead it set into my pores and left my face kind of oily looking, and definatelly not matte.
The only thing it DID do was feel smooth on my face but it didn't change the appearance whatsover.
I don't COMPLETELY hate this product though because it works fine as a base under all my makeup so I will continue to use it until it's run out, but I will definately not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by joannalouisefaith

I love benefit - although over the past few years my love for it has grown less as the older I get I realise it's not about the packaging but the content! So I'll start with the good - the packaging! It looks fancy and pretty and the tin packaging means it's travel friendly. The product itself however broke me out each and every time I used it. In fact it did not make me feel good but in fact very oily. I thought it may have just been an off day for me so I left it a week but when I went to try it again I broke out in spots once again. I admit the initial application made my skin feel soft to the touch but that did not last long before the oily feeling kicked in. Do I even need to mention the price?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by misskittycharms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

i have not purchased this product. i do, however, work for benefit... and always, ALWAYS recommend the porefessional over this. hard to apply, pills when dragged, tugs the skin and the tin is a nightmare to open with freshly moisturised hands. it does feel heavy on the skin as well, only seems to work alone or under makeup and contains vitamin c, which my counter manager (also a licensed dermatologist) told me is actually a stimulant when ON the skin, which causes breakouts! yuck. +2 points for feeling nice though

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Pine-Sol. Don't know how to say this any differently than that. Itchy and dry, greasy in humidity. I don't understand this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really not impressed with this product. I used it on my nose, middle forehead, and chin (where I get the oiliest and need the most priming), and it broke me out really bad! It's definitely a pore-clogger. I haven't returned many products to Sephora, as I prefer to swap, but I didn't want anybody else suffering!