December 19, 2014 | 1736 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by katable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my first tin of Dr Feelgood, and since I've started to hit pan, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it -
The Good:
I love how it makes my face feel so silky smooth and soft that I just want to keep touching it - it does a fairly good job on minimising pores, although the Porefessional does an even better job. I was expecting to breakout from this product, but I haven't! (And this is coming from someone who's had to use prescription medication for acne.) I find that it works very well as a primer for liquid foundation and that's how I usually use this. It gives an even, slightly dewy/ semi-matte finish which I like. It's also handy for touch-ups during the day when my makeup starts to go cakey from my oily skin - I just swipe a bit of Dr Feelgood with my finger and dab/ lightly press it onto whatever need fixing and voila! evens out creases, and makes makeup look smooth and fresh again. I've found this better than using powder (which usually makes things look heavier/patchy/cracked/flaky depending on the exact powder).
Its also in a handy tin to carry around easily and has a lovely citrus scent.
The Bad:
The sponge is really annoying and hard to get out of the tin. It tends to hold onto a lot of product but doesn't apply very efficiently, leaving product building up in it. It needs regular washing.
It doesn't work very well in covering up lines.
If you want to use this straight after foundation (to give a very natural dewy finish and smooth enough to blend blusher/highlighter), you'll have to get the product on the sponge and then pat VERY gently so that you don't cake your face or just wipe off your foundation.
Overall:
Even though there's some tedious aspects to making Dr Feelgood work for me, I'm addicted to the feel, the smell, and the way makes my makeup look. Will definitely repurchase despite the price, because this is as close to flawless looking skin as I can get I think (think pores, red patches, acne scars, and oily skin with some dry patches).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

received this as a gift. product did not work as intended. over makeup, under makeup, it even sucks by itself, which says something.

completely clogged pores, smells rather unpleasant, really do not understand the point of this product despite looking up reviews and reading instructions online. not a winner for me - gave it to someone else as they'd been curious to try it, and they ended up hating it too.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LittleMy17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute tin packaging, but this has got to be one of the worst products I've ever bought...total waste of money. It does not mattify skin, removes your foundation when gently patted over as per the instructions, and makes lines seem more noticeable, as it makes your makeup fall into creases.

Because of it's weird slip-y texture, I also tried it under my eyes before foundation in case it would work like a foundation primer. It didn't . The first time I smiled it showed up every crease, line, and fold around my eyes. I have no idea why they even bother to produce it. Dr. Feelgood makes me feel bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by chillicookie

packaging: tin can looks good... BUT! unnecessary for a primer
smell: awful! smells like disinfectant, bug repellant, or household cleaner

it looks like a wax but is velvety to the touch. if it smells good or no scent at all then i might reconsider using this product. but it's just a product that i don't want to throw away because of the lovely packaging.
i don't like that my makeup slips and some product goes to the sponge applicator included in dr.feel good. 1 lippie for the packaging, another one for velvety feel. would not repurchase and would like to throw away because of the smell and makeup slips off when using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Putting this on after finishing my makeup routine ruins everything. It's like it made my makeup "move" and "slide" on my face. It did not give any added benefit (no pun intended) to my finished look. Definitely a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't really impressed with this when I bought it (several years ago).

Of course, almost all testers in the store seem to work great & be really promising, inducing me to plunk down the $$ for this, only to find that in everyday life it didn't make much difference for me. I had very oily skin then & it didn't hold shine at bay. It did feel velvety & initially looked a bit smooth, but it didn't smooth out my (giant) pores. In a short while (1/2 hr) the shine was back & then I worried about clogging my acne-prone skin, which was the last thing I wanted.

I stopped using it 1/4 way through & forgot all about it. My face is different now - it's less oily & I don't have acne anymore (though I do still have the big pores, plus more wrinkles & some unpleasant hyperpigmentation) but I wouldn't go out & get this product to use again. It's not worth anything.

(It's amazing how this product get such consistently low ratings yet so many ppl buy it or try it & the company keeps making it.)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Catdevotee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why I ever bought this product without even trying it first. It's the biggest regret I've made of buying makeup. It's supposed to mattify, but it feels greasy. I thought that it would dry up after awhile but no, my face just got oilier. And it's not cheap either! I wonder how this product was ever allowed to be sold...sheesh!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by KMSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really 'get' this product - it's not really a primer, and it's not really for finishing. I got it as a gift and slapped it on until it ran out, but I'd rather use a primer like smashbox, or a powder like Mac's Blot Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by jelly1211

IT CLOGS PORES! and I think the main ingredient is cornstarch. My face feels like a sheet of fondant (the really smooth and pretty sugar layer used to wrap cakes for decoration)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by AlisonLondon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to purchase this but once I tried it out I was really dissapointed. I was expecting it to give me a matte, velvety smooth finish but instead it set into my pores and left my face kind of oily looking, and definatelly not matte.
The only thing it DID do was feel smooth on my face but it didn't change the appearance whatsover.
I don't COMPLETELY hate this product though because it works fine as a base under all my makeup so I will continue to use it until it's run out, but I will definately not be repurchasing.