L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 9/22/2013 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ugh, I HATE this mascara.. First of all, it clumps all my lashes together. Not the greatest look. Second, the formula is too wet, not a fan. As well as, taking it off is a nightmare. I do not know whether because it wasn't waterproof, but it melted off my eye lashes and went all under my eyes.. Looked like a panda and was a pain to take that off. So yeah, will never purchase this mascara again.

on 9/18/2013 7:19:00 PM

This doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes and gives the appearance of very black thick dramatic lashes. The carbon black colour is the darkest I've come across in a mascara. The only downside is the formula is a little goopy, and this mascara can clump sometimes.

on 9/7/2013 9:03:00 PM

AMAZING! I was an avid user of Dior and Benefit mascara until finding this. Its volumizing, lengthening and looks like falsies! I will be rebuying this, and at less than $6 it seems too good to be true but its true! Its awesome!

on 8/27/2013 6:44:00 PM

Not liking this much. Somewhat "greasy" as in not a wet or a dry type of mascara. Lot of waxiness is the best way I can term this, which would be fine, but it tends to slide and clean up is a bit of a mess. Not at all impressed, sorry to say. Price was good.

on 8/25/2013 3:43:00 PM

THE. BEST. cheaper/drugstore brand mascara I've ever tried. After buying Lancome, BareMinerals, Benefit, UD, Tarte, Too Faced, and a million other drugstore mascaras, this comes out on top. The formula is definitely one of the best if not the best because it's true to its name - it is VERY black. It's also wet and spreads evenly and easily on the lashes so you don't have to try really hard to coat every lash. One coat usually does what 2-3 coats of other mascaras do which saves time too. It also doesn't clump which is awesome, even after 3 coats. The volume and length this gives is crazy which says a lot since I have stick straight asian lashes. The best!

on 8/17/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara I've ever purchased !!! I'm not really into drugstore make up at all !! But I haven't found any better mascara than this one. It gives a very beautiful deep black color on my lashes, it doesn't smudge during the day or barely. They don't sell it in France (where I live) anymore so I always have to buy it from amazon now. Quality vs Price is excellent: 5 lippies, it's not a pricey mascara and works as well (or even better) as a high end mascara.

It didn't notice any improvement regarding volume (as it claims to) but it makes your lashes look thicker anyway. Regarding the lenght of my lashes, I can't tell it has done anything since I already have long lashes.. but this is not what L'oreal voluminous mascara claims to do so it's ok.

on 8/15/2013 12:12:00 PM

This was terrible!!! After hearing many great reviews of this on YouTube, I decided to pick it up for around $9 at Ulta. When I went to put it on to my freshly curled lashes the first swipe look great, but as I continued to add more coats this made my curl fall causing my lashes to become straight! This was the worst mascara I have ever used and is going to be returned. Such a disappointment...

This honestly went straight to the garbage did nothing what's so ever for my lashes

on 8/12/2013 4:07:00 PM

I would give this a 2 because it weights down the lashes. no matter how much volume it gives the weighing down part makes me not like it as much. so if you have thin lashes do not buy this. its good for thickening but not the best mascara.

on 8/2/2013 6:02:00 PM

I used this in waterproof for the longest time a few years ago. I noticed that my lashes were getting brittle and falling out so I switched. I got this yesterday and it could be my imagination, but I feel as though the formulation has changed? The pigmentation is still black as ever but maybe it's the tube I chose but it seems alot more dry than before. I always bought the waterproof for it holds my curl. This however held my curl with a light coat and makes more of a lengthening than volumizing mascara. I shall proceed to use this and see how long this will last, but I prefer the more thickening effect of the voluminous mascara I'd used years ago :/

Video Reviews & Tutorials