December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara for getting lots of volume and minimal clumping. I have been using this for years - my lashes are naturally long and curled and this mascara does not seem to weigh them down at all. It stays on great and doesn't get flaky by the end of the day.

The only reason I'm rating it 4/5 is because every tube of this I've bought seems to dry up a bit too much for me after about 2 months despite any efforts to prevent it. It's perfect up until a couple months in which the formula becomes a bit thicker and clumpier on the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this mascara is pretty good for volume but it doesn't hold a curl very well and i found it super clumpy. I found it smudged a little under my eye which i've found other drugstore mascaras that don't do that. worth a try but not a holy grail. probably wouldn't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't like this mascara! Almost all of my friends use and love this, but when I bought my own, I was not impressed. My main complaint is that when I wear it, it seems to really weigh my lashes down, if that makes sense. I curl my lashes several times before applying mascara, and the second I put this on, they're straight as a board and weird looking. I don't know why. The color is great, but the formula is a little too wet for me. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:

- Very dark, inky-black pigment. Truly "carbon black."
- Great volume.
- Pretty decent length.
- Formula has a wet but not liquid-y texture, and a thicker consistency which makes for minimal clumping and maximum volume.
- No flaking to speak of.
- The price is right, at around $7-$10 CAD.

Cons:

- It tends to smear, especially if you use under-eye concealer or have oily lids or oily skin, or if you don't allow your moisturizer/foundation to fully soak in before applying. The smearing is not extreme, but it's enough to be noticeable, and enough that I feel that I have to wipe under my eyes after a few hours of wear.
- This stuff is wet and easy to get everywhere if you aren't careful during application. Smearing is bad during application if you don't have the steadiest hand.
- Minimal clumping, but is easily fixed with additional strokes or with a lash comb.

Overall, I really like this mascara, and would repurchase. I would say it's one of the best ones I've used, drugstore or high-end, but the smearing is such a shame. If it didn't smear so frequently, it'd be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I'll soon be a poor, broke college student, I've been testing out drugstore makeup, to cut down on costs. Mascara was the first on my list. This little beauty was highly recommended to me by the lovely ladies of makeup alley, and thank heavens! It lengthens, it volumizes, all without clumps! It gives me gorgeous, lengthy flirty looking lashes. The price is beyond affordable. In fact, there is a sale coming up tomorrow, and I plan on stocking up! HG drugstore mascara for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

hate this drugstore mascara. it is carbon black but it clumps your lashes like crazy. i would not recommend this mascara cause its horrible

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by michellenovaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

O. M. G! Holy Grail mascara! I love it soo much! After one swipe my eyelashes are already really long and thick! I use this under The Falsies and DAAANG it's perfect. The only problem I have with it is when you take the brush out of the tube a lot of product comes out on it. HOWEVER I just scrape this off using the rim of the opening on the tube and everything's perfecto.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sirenablonda7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is extremely black; the blackest I have ever tried, which I love. Although, I can't seem to agree with everyone on the hype over this mascara... it doesn't do much of anything to my lashes :( I have tried every version of this mascara.. curved wand, carbon black, waterproof, the natural version, and none of them work for me!! Disappointing to say the least

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupwithM

I've repurchased the cover girl lash blast waterproof many many many times and figured maybe I can try something different. Had always heard very good things about this one so I didn't have a second thought on this being a great mascara BuT even with the waterproof version it transfers SO much. I have to clean my undereyes at least every 2 hours. I'm so disappointed and its a little more expensive compare to the cover girl. Erg.

I do have to say it is super dark. I can't tell when it on my lashes, it look similar to the lash blast but when I take it off at the end of the day I can tell my cotton pad is much darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

I've been wanting to try Tarte Lights Camera Lashes! for awhile, but decided to try this first, as I've heard it's a good dupe. Obviously I haven't used Tarte LCL, so I'm not sure how this compares, but I have no interest in trying it anymore, this is so amazing for the price!

I have so many mascaras, that it takes a lot for one to stand out to me. I have very long lashes, so volume is a must for me. This formula is so, well, voluminous! And the brush will coat every last lash, without clumps! It also works great on lower lashes, and is probably the blackest mascara I own.

The only downside is, the wet formula takes awhile to dry, so it's easy to smudge right after you put it on. Once it sets, I can last 12+ hours flake and smudge free!