April 20, 2014 | 1274 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kayelem

Hated this product. Smeared everywhere and gave me panda eyes. Took this back to the store and exchanged it for CG Clump Crusher.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product at first. It gives my lashes great volume and length, and is pretty buildable. It can be a bit clumpy at times, but nothing I can't usually fix. It gives a pretty dramatic effect that I love, and the color is nice and deep. As for the main cons, there was always a lot of excess product on the wand that I found to be a hassle. Despite my greatest efforts, I would always get mascara on my eyelid, messing up my eyeshadow. Worst of all, I started to realize that it was giving me raccoon eyes and transferring big time below my eyes. This was pretty embarrassing a few times when I was out, or had company over for dinner, and didn't realize for quite some time what I looked like! I would assume this would be less of a problem with the waterproof formula, but I prefer to stay away from those. I have moved on to a new mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara and I always find myself coming back to it. It adds length and volume to my sparse lashes without clumping and the brush makes it easy to get to the base of the lashes and coat every lash. I use the waterproof formula and it holds a curl very well. The only thing is that when I use it on my lower lashes I find that it smudges off throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Mascara! Itís very dark and it really does add volume to my lashes. I think you have to love the Kim Kardashian lashes look in order to love this mascara. I normally mascara my lashes wait a bit and add another coat. If you back coat your lashes (place the mascara wand to the back of your lashes and stroke) it will add length. I get complements all the time and some people even think I wear false lashes. I used to use a $20 estee lauder mascara but this is way better. I love this and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Kiwwigirl101

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-Really nice colour

Cons:
-Clumps like there is no tomorrow
-doesnt lengthen, or volumize
-waaaaay too much product on brush

The only time i ever use this mascara is for carefully dabbing on its nice colour on the end of my lashes. It is honestly the worst one I ever tried! Really dont recomend getting this....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jmb6095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand why this mascara doesn't have a higher rating! It is my favorite, by far, and it comes highly recommended by all of my favorite makeup gurus on youtube (like makeup geek). I have used much more expensive mascara (like clinique) that doesn't even compare to the length and definition that this stuff gives my lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

How does this have such low reviews? It's my HG mascara and seems to be a favorite of just about every beauty blogger anywhere. The ONLY issue with it that I've found is that it can be a little clumpy, but by combining it with another mascara you get long thick beautiful lashes.

I put on one coat of this, pretty thickly, then go over it with L'Oreal Millions mascara (also in carbon black). If I want two coats, I go through in the same alternating order. I've gone up to 4 before, no clumps (but at that point it stops adding anymore volume).

The combination of these two mascara together is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is good for my long but not-voluminous lashes. It works better than Covergirl lash blast for me, and i get decent length and thickness out of it. My only gripe is that like most mascaras, it has a tendency to get a bit clumpy looking. The color is definitely dark and black, which is another plus. Overall, it's one of the better mascaras I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I believe that mascara is something very personal and different for each person. Personally, I prefer a thickening mascara that's black, lasts all day and doesn't clump. When I heard all the rave reviews on Voluminous Carbon Black I thought it sounded perfect! I bought it... and I hate it. ): Typically when I don't like a mascara I just layer it with better mascaras to make it work. This one... just no. It's so awful! The formula is black, I'll give it that. It's also so wet that it just weighs my lashes down. They literally flop. lol. Also, the brush combined with the wetness just creates clump city! Usually, I'm fine with clumps, but this literally gives me the appearance of like, 6 lashes. I tried seperating with a lash comb but it still looks goofy. The worst part about this mascara though, is that it doesn't dry. Hours after application, my lashes feel gooey. They kind of stick to the bottom lashes and smear. I've never had that problem!

I thought that after a few weeks the formula would dry out and all of my problems would disappear. Nope. Weeks after having been opened it's still as wet as the day I bought it. (for some people though, that's a great thing! It just means it lasts longer!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well Iíve read the raves about this for years, and finally purchased. This works very well on me. It gives a plush texture and my lashes thicken instantly and looks luxe. Adds a bit of lift and curl and opens and brightens my eyes dramatically-very pretty effect helping to create elongating shape to my big round eyes.