October 24, 2014 | 927 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by emandemsinalamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:

- Very dark, inky-black pigment. Truly "carbon black."
- Great volume.
- Pretty decent length.
- Formula has a wet but not liquid-y texture, and a thicker consistency which makes for minimal clumping and maximum volume.
- No flaking to speak of.
- The price is right, at around $7-$10 CAD.

Cons:

- It tends to smear, especially if you use under-eye concealer or have oily lids or oily skin, or if you don't allow your moisturizer/foundation to fully soak in before applying. The smearing is not extreme, but it's enough to be noticeable, and enough that I feel that I have to wipe under my eyes after a few hours of wear.
- This stuff is wet and easy to get everywhere if you aren't careful during application. Smearing is bad during application if you don't have the steadiest hand.
- Minimal clumping, but is easily fixed with additional strokes or with a lash comb.

Overall, I really like this mascara, and would repurchase. I would say it's one of the best ones I've used, drugstore or high-end, but the smearing is such a shame. If it didn't smear so frequently, it'd be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I'll soon be a poor, broke college student, I've been testing out drugstore makeup, to cut down on costs. Mascara was the first on my list. This little beauty was highly recommended to me by the lovely ladies of makeup alley, and thank heavens! It lengthens, it volumizes, all without clumps! It gives me gorgeous, lengthy flirty looking lashes. The price is beyond affordable. In fact, there is a sale coming up tomorrow, and I plan on stocking up! HG drugstore mascara for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

hate this drugstore mascara. it is carbon black but it clumps your lashes like crazy. i would not recommend this mascara cause its horrible

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by michellenovaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

O. M. G! Holy Grail mascara! I love it soo much! After one swipe my eyelashes are already really long and thick! I use this under The Falsies and DAAANG it's perfect. The only problem I have with it is when you take the brush out of the tube a lot of product comes out on it. HOWEVER I just scrape this off using the rim of the opening on the tube and everything's perfecto.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sirenablonda7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is extremely black; the blackest I have ever tried, which I love. Although, I can't seem to agree with everyone on the hype over this mascara... it doesn't do much of anything to my lashes :( I have tried every version of this mascara.. curved wand, carbon black, waterproof, the natural version, and none of them work for me!! Disappointing to say the least

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupwithM

I've repurchased the cover girl lash blast waterproof many many many times and figured maybe I can try something different. Had always heard very good things about this one so I didn't have a second thought on this being a great mascara BuT even with the waterproof version it transfers SO much. I have to clean my undereyes at least every 2 hours. I'm so disappointed and its a little more expensive compare to the cover girl. Erg.

I do have to say it is super dark. I can't tell when it on my lashes, it look similar to the lash blast but when I take it off at the end of the day I can tell my cotton pad is much darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

I've been wanting to try Tarte Lights Camera Lashes! for awhile, but decided to try this first, as I've heard it's a good dupe. Obviously I haven't used Tarte LCL, so I'm not sure how this compares, but I have no interest in trying it anymore, this is so amazing for the price!

I have so many mascaras, that it takes a lot for one to stand out to me. I have very long lashes, so volume is a must for me. This formula is so, well, voluminous! And the brush will coat every last lash, without clumps! It also works great on lower lashes, and is probably the blackest mascara I own.

The only downside is, the wet formula takes awhile to dry, so it's easy to smudge right after you put it on. Once it sets, I can last 12+ hours flake and smudge free!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this mascara over expensive store brands such as Chanel and Estee Lauder! This makes my lashes twice as long as any other mascara that i have used. It lengthens, extends, and gives it a nice full look. I bought this for around $12.99 which may seem some what expensive for buying at CVS but is actually affordable when compared to $50 Chanel. I highly suggest buying this mascara for fuller and thicker lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have not used this mascara in a long time, but it had previously been my staple. I remember both why I loved it, and why I stopped using it. The carbon black formula gives you super thick, dark lashes, which I love. I use two coats and have great looking lashes. However, this product is not without faults. I prefer a softer finish on the lashes, and this product can feel heavy and hard on your eye lashes. Also, it can flake more than other mascaras I've used...but not enough to be one that I will not use. Overall, for a drugstore mascara this is a great buy. It's one that I keep coming back to, and is definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Kellaaaaay

At first when I was researching reviews for this mascara everyone was saying that it was the best mascara ever. That is sucha a lie. It smudges all the time ! I bought the waterproof one and it still smudges. I'm not sure if it's how i put it on but it smudges no matter what I do. I defintely would not reccomend anyone to buy it. I'm sorry but it's not a good mascara.