November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

My baby is 13 years old, so I bought this solely for using on my lips at night this fall and winter. I have also found another use for this and it may seem odd? But, my earlobes tend to dry out and split at the bottom in the winter...don't know why, but they have done this for years...and I have been using this on them at night and it must be working, no problems yet! I do wish it was cheaper, but like others have said, this stays on and sinks in at night, whereas vaseline doesn't on me. So, I will continue to buy also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I've been using this as my night time lip balm for about a year now and am still going on the same tube, so it really ends up economical. I find it keeps my lips completely moisturised and plumped up, and I can still feel it on my lips the next morning when I wake up. If your skin tolerates lanolin, get a tube of this, it's fantastic for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by shrae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG product - especially for my lips!!! I have been using it for about 10 years and I use it for just about every skin condition. Like others on the board, I came upon this product purely by coincidence...after having my daughter I could not find my vasoline for my lips and figured "what the heck - looks like vaseline". SO GLAD I DID!!! Plus, after learning of the petrol product dangers, I was an absolute convert. I have super dry, chapped, cracking, peeling lips and this is the ONLY product that does the job. I apply this at night before bed, then again in the am before I get in the shower, then in the shower I scrub my lips with a washcloth and it makes them super soft and smooth. I put a dab on before lipstick/gloss or use it by itself because it gives just the right amount of sheen. However, do not try to use this under or over one of those extended wear lipsticks (like CG Outlast) it will not stick and I actually use this lanoline to remove that kind of lipstick at night. I did give it a 5 star for packaging - not because it is convenient or discreet - but because it does not deter me in any way from buying it. I also buy the carmex pots and depot the balm from there and throw it away just so I can use the container for this stuff. I do wish they would come up with a "stick" version of this! I can pick it up for about $10 at any store in the area - you will find it in the breast feeding or baby aisle. That may seem pricey to someone who has never used it - but believe me...it will be the best $10 you have ever invested in any product. ***Do not buy the store's generic version of this - I did once and it was NOT the same. And yes, my kids refer to it as "boob cream"...but it is the only product they will beg for when their lips are cracked or their noses are chafed from blowing. Also, this does not have any menthol in it, so it will not sting any raw skin. Try this stuff - it will become your HG too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by tchenderson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best stuff!! I originally discovered it 18 years ago when I was in the hospital having my son. I've been buying it ever since. It is my go to lip product. I used to use Vaseline or Aquaphor on my lips before bed, but it would wear off it a couple of hours. Not this!! I also use it for cuticles, cracked heels and also on the skin around my kids mouth in the winter. Every year they would get the ring of raw, chapped skin around their mouths and I'd slather this on them. At our house, we still call it "nipple cream". I had to laugh last winter when my 14 year old asked me where the nipple cream was while he had a friend over. I can only imagine what the poor kid said to his parents when he got home! I do occasionally use this over lip pencil as gloss. I know that there are people that have a sensitivity to lanolin, so test it out, but I think most people will have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this for my lips and elbow as I don't nurse or have children.

It's very effective at helping to protect and retain moisture and I find that my dry areas are back to normal in a little as 2 nights.

I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Danelekwoods

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to try this product when my lips became super dry and chapped when I started a new BC. I tried lip balm, aquaphor, Vaseline, eczema ointment, and neosporin. When this was recommended to me, I was a little freaked out. Who first thought to put nipple ointment on their lips?! Well I'm thankful I tried this because it definitely healed my lips overnight. Like others have said, it's very thick and it only takes a small amount. I dont mind the packaging. They must have changed it because i have had no issues getting the product out. If you have tried *everything* and nothing has worked, I recommend this product for lips. I'm sure it's great for what it's intended, but I don't have children so I wouldn't know! It cost me $13 at walgreens which is a little pricey but it's a ton of product so it will last forever for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Kudos to Fatang below for her review cautioning that just because it is natural doesn't mean it is ok for sensitive skin. For those of you complaining this causes itchiness, peeling, redness or anything, you may have a lanolin allergy. I am allergic to lanolin. Now the package insert claims even if you are allergic to lanolin you can use this lanolin because it is so purified. (Actually, this lanolin is so purified, it isn't that natural ;) This may be true, but I always tread lightly where lanolin is involved. And also, even if you don't have a reaction to THIS, lanolin product, you may have a reaction to less quality ones. As others have indicated when talking of drier cracked lips, irritation, you CAN still have a reaction to this product no matter how good it is. Like I said, tread lightly and when it comes to lanolin, don't make mass assumptions. It looks like each product case has to be handled individually depending on the quality / purity of the product/lanolin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Fatang

Really great for moisturizing very parched lips, but a caution to sensitive-skinned/allergy-prone gals: test it out in small amounts before you commit to slathering your lips. While most of the people I know who have tried this product absolutely loved it, some experienced itchyness, blotchiness, or redness. Just because it's natural doesn't mean that you're safe from having a reaction.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have never found this product if it wasn't for the amazing MUA reviews! I use it for dry lips and it is seriously the BEST stuff I have ever used, EVER. And I have tried every single lip stuff you can imagine... This is really the only product that seems to truly moisturize and last. You need something else for SPF during the day, but for truly making your lips soft and shiny, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm another happy mum who thankfully found this miracle stuff which saved my extremely sore nipples when breastfeeding. Never thought to use this on my lips but now that I'm expecting again as soon as I buy some, I'm going to try it! Wonderful product!