Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/19/2009 2:03:00 PM

It does give u a matte finish. I have combination skin, but this is too dry for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I am not the type to wear foundation; I've never considered it a necessity, but recently I've developed some light acne scars and thought that it would be nice to try some mineral makeup to cover them up for special occasions.

I've tried three things, and here they are in order of preference: Everyday Minerals, L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, and Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals.

Everyday Minerals: Does not look like anything is on my face, amazing! Decent coverage (matte is my favorite, as semi-matte doesn't seem to do too much and intensive is too much for my needs), very smooth, all natural. Love it! There are so many colors that it's hard to find the perfect one (haven't gotten there just yet), but even if your choice is a little off, it blends so well that it doesn't really matter. The best part - no icky bismuth, which both makes my skin happy and means that there is none of that annoying glimmer effect that I dislike so very much. I put it to the test today, the hottest day of the year so far, and it stayed put everywhere except on my upper lip and on the sides of my nose where my sunglasses sat - not very noticeable and great considering 95 degree heat! For the price (not much at all), it beats everything below.

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation: I found my PERFECT shade in this, which is fantastic. The coverage is a little better than Everyday Minerals, but it is a little glimmery and not at all natural (despite what they may claim). A pretty good backup, but the packaging is ridiculous and even for a drugstore brand (which you think would be cheaper), it doesn't beat EM for me.

Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals: I got a sample of this and I just didn't like it. The color was off (not a great deal to choose from, really), and it's WAY sparkly (probably because of the bismuth, which can't be good for you either). And the price? Come on now. Just didn't work for me.

I know there's so many brands of mineral makeup out there, so I hope this helped. For me, who doesn't wear foundation often, I really think Everyday Minerals is a good match with a very natural finish, and I love that I won't feel guilty putting it on my face because of its ingredient list.

on 8/14/2009 10:51:00 AM

This formula was suppose to be the best for combo skin, but it was just the same as the others IMO. The foundation would slide off my skin in about 3 or 4 hours even if I set it with the various EDM finishing powders.

Also, the colours turn darker as the day went on.

on 8/11/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

after 1 week, it's official, I love this foundation from Everyday Minerals! Have used BE (Light) for over 3 years, and this summer was the 1st time I've ever had the bismuth-itch from the heat, yikes. BE hasn't been perfect and it certainly doesn't do for me what the infomercials claim (shock!), but I stuck w/it cause I can never go back to liquid foundation after living my face thru powder, so I do thank BE for that. I ordered the 3 samples from EM, they arrived w/in 3 days. Played w/them for a day, then took the plunge and placed my order for one of the (sample) foundation colors and the next color up (Medium), some blushes, and the Finishing Dust. That order arrived w/in 3 work days! I truly like this sooo much better than BE, and it's cheaper! The Medium is just about perfect for me (BE Light was always a little golden and that darn shimmer! but Fairly Light was gray on me), and there's no bismuth-shimmer, woohoo! The Finishing Dust (Medium?) is a good match, too. Unfortunately, the blushes are just too intense for me, but I'm so delighted w/the foundation and dust.

on 8/6/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I just want to let you guys no that my skin was totally dul looking wil lottttts of white head, moderate acne and acne marks. I tried everything in the world (mostly expensive). My dressing table is filled with products which made my skin condition worst day by day. I m sooooo happy with this make can't tell you in words. I don't no about old packing but new packing is mind blowing. You can put the base in you purse and the powder will not goin to comeout through the tiny holes due to extra plastic lid. PLz plz plzz try the product its dirt cheap and you will be happy with the results. i was never satisfied with any foundation and almost going through depression due to my skin problems.

on 7/26/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My skin is oily and acne prone so foundations tend to either come off, not give me enough coverage or clog my pores. Unfortunately this clogged my pores horribly. =/

on 7/23/2009 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love Everyday Minerals, and this is the worst formula for me. It just slides off my face if I sweat! I ride my bike to school everyday in 100 degree heat (I live in Tucson).. When I get to class, I find that the sweat is just capturing the foundation. When I wipe with a paper towel, a LOT of the color comes off.. eww, right? So if you sweat at all, avoid this. If you work in an air-conditioned office, maybe. None of the other formulas, including intensive, are quite as bad as this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite formula. It says matte, but it doesn't look flat or cakey like the intensive formula did for me. It evens out my skintone and just makes me look nicer in general. It does a fairly good job of covering up for a powder.

on 7/18/2009 6:59:00 AM

This is the only foundation I use. I've been using it for over a year now, and I love it! It keeps most of the oil away, and it looks really natural. If I want extra coverage, I'll apply an extra layer, or use the "intensive" formula instead.

It stays on pretty well, I can tan with it, I can swim with it (although some of it will come off, but it will still looks OK), and it doesn't break me out at all.

So yeah, I love this mineral foundation :) AND it's pretty cheap.

on 7/15/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i LOVE this! i've always been afraid to use foundation on my face because my skin is really sensitive and prone to breaking out. however, this doesn't break out my skin! it's perfect, not cakey