August 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by TeMpErMeNtAl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is oily and acne prone so foundations tend to either come off, not give me enough coverage or clog my pores. Unfortunately this clogged my pores horribly. =/

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ninimercy

I really love Everyday Minerals, and this is the worst formula for me. It just slides off my face if I sweat! I ride my bike to school everyday in 100 degree heat (I live in Tucson).. When I get to class, I find that the sweat is just capturing the foundation. When I wipe with a paper towel, a LOT of the color comes off.. eww, right? So if you sweat at all, avoid this. If you work in an air-conditioned office, maybe. None of the other formulas, including intensive, are quite as bad as this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite formula. It says matte, but it doesn't look flat or cakey like the intensive formula did for me. It evens out my skintone and just makes me look nicer in general. It does a fairly good job of covering up for a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by lotielin

This is the only foundation I use. I've been using it for over a year now, and I love it! It keeps most of the oil away, and it looks really natural. If I want extra coverage, I'll apply an extra layer, or use the "intensive" formula instead.

It stays on pretty well, I can tan with it, I can swim with it (although some of it will come off, but it will still looks OK), and it doesn't break me out at all.

So yeah, I love this mineral foundation :) AND it's pretty cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by valuhhhrie

i LOVE this! i've always been afraid to use foundation on my face because my skin is really sensitive and prone to breaking out. however, this doesn't break out my skin! it's perfect, not cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

I like the matte formula too but i find it a bit dry. I still prefer any of the other formulas. I have combination skin. Love the new packaging with sliding piece, keeps the powders much more neat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by gryph

This was my first mineral foundation. It did make my oily skin matte, but a few hours later I was an oil slick once again. Now that I am only moderately oily instead of severely oily, it holds up much better.

For now, I am going to switch to intensive because I like the coverage better for some acne scars. If I can get the scars cleared up I will probably switch back to matte so I picked "yes" on the repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i liked at first, but didnt really fast. even though its matte, i didnt stay matte for long. this stuff also falls off fast, even if i moisterize and prime well. i feel like its just too weak for me. i really wanted to like it and did but just for the first 3days. if i just put it on its fine, but i get oily in 1-2hours and its in matte and powder and mineral too. and probably half the day to the end of school, its most likely gone. if i put more i look whiter even though its my color. i am asian and im kinda light so i usually use colors more on the lighter side because im not white, but the staff at everyday minerals emailed me and said i should use golden medium. i never use those colors because im not that dark and they do sound dark but it matched me well, just not if i put on more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tnxmami

I cannot complain about this product. I originally ordered a sample kit months ago and did absolutely nothing with it. I was just stuck in my liquid foundation phase. Well it's summer and I live in FL and out came the minerals. I re-ordered a sample kit with three kinds of foundations: semi-matte, matte, and intensive (all in Tan..I'm an NC45) and i looooveee it. This matches my skin completely and has not broken me out. Right now I am enjoying the matte formula and combined with the Soft Bronze kaloan finishing powder..I am oil free almost all day! I can go at least 8 hours without having to touch up and that is huge for my oily skin! I do a lot of field work in this hot FL sun or am in the office and my makeup looks like same either way...flawless! I tried BM and that crap looked way to orangey on my skin. The price is not bad at all and the sample kit will last you a while so you can really try it out before you choose to buy. Go try a sample kit! I love it...and the blushes are great too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by buggarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got my samples today and I am impressed. Personally this foundation works well with my oily skin. I still get shine through but not as quickly as with BE and Pur. I can layer the foundation and I do not get cakey. It gives me the coverage almost comparable to Macs Studio Fix Powder. I do have to use concealer which is also by Everyday Minerals and they also work great for my oily hyperpigmented skin. I will not purchase again because like most mineral makeup, I get major shine through after a while