October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MaryMakeup121813

For people saying it wastes foundation, I hope you are wetting it? That's the point of the egg shape, you wet it and it gets x2 as big when you ring it out and dry it. The moisture inside the sponge pushes the foundation to your face instead of absorbing. I find it makes my foundation go further but that's my opinion! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mrsaflores

OBSESSED! I swear by this little pink sponge! the best brush I own couldnt do as well as this! FLAWLESS http://flikapp.com/flik/2TTydxe9

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Laquila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought booty blender two days ago cause I was so curious as everyone on youtube were raving about it, but then after one use I wasn't really impressed.

It does blend effortlessly and really fast, but I feel like I have to use more foundation as the sponge somehow absorbs it? So you waste more product. And although the coverage is natural, it's not really full, I have a couple of acne and some acne scars (not that bad) and they still show up after application. I used Revlon ColorStay fyi. And I still need to use a concealer to cover up those imperfections.

Then the pink color comes off when you wash it with a shampoo, but the foundation doesn't come off completely. It's really hard to wash it. You probably need to spend more to buy the Beauty Blender cleanser.

So yeah it's really just marketing, it's not really a miracle product. Just like the Egyptian Magic Cream. I think the Real Techniques sponge has the exact similar application. They're making too much profit outta this overrated pink sponge it's ridiculous!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

For a product with so much hype surrounding it I really was expecting more! While I do love the application it gives to most liquid foundations, you need to use about 2-3 times the amount of foundation to get normal coverage with the BeautyBlender, which kind of negates it's purpose. It also is very unsanitary, sponges are known to be breeding grounds for bacteria, and while I did not notice an increase in breakouts, it just didn't sit right with me putting a visibly dirty sponge onto my face. Overall I think it's a great product if you don't mind the extra waste of your foundation being sucked up by it, and the hassle of trying to get it clean.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by VMV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is easy to apply foundation with this sponge. However it takes much more time than with my Sigma f80 brush. Also this is hard to get clean and it is not really a long lasting product. My sponge leaves a lot of color when washing it. For this price I will not repurchase. I heard that Real techniques has a good alternative so I will try that one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Never touched a foundation brush after purchasing this amazing sponge. I find that when using foundation brushes, lines of the brush are still visible and you can just tell that a brush was used to apply your foundation. Using a beauty blender not only gets rid of this, it blends extremely easily, is moist (you wet it before application), and it gives a completely natural finish.
This sponge is definitely worth the hype and I don't think I will ever buy a foundation brush again. The original beauty blender all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by vcpham

Just like everyone else it also took me awhile to finally cave in and buy this product. The price is pretty high considering you're buying a sponge. But this is worth it! It does miracles for my under eye concealer and it gives a really nice finish to the skin. You can make it sheer and natural or build your foundation up to a flawless finish with the beauty blender. I love this sponge and everyone should definitely try it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

This is such a miracle product! It took me a long time to finally purchase one because who in their right mind would spend this much on a sponge. But my curiosity got the better of me because I would always see makeup artists and celebrities recommending this tool for applying makeup.
The first time I used it I immediately fell in love. It helps my undereye concealer not to become cakey. It also gives my base makeup a natural finish. I really love the fact that it gives a sheer and natural finish to my makeup. It's so convenient to use when placing makeup in the grooves of my face (undereyes, nose edges and mouth corners). Another thing I love is that it's so much faster to apply makeup compared to makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lisa1991

This sponge is just amazing! I was hesitating to buy it because I thought it cost alot of money (about 15 euros) and I didnt believe it was worth the money. After trying some BB dupes I decided to buy it anyway. I did not purchase the cleanser because you can easily clean it with babyshampoo.

The first time using the BB I noticed that I had to use more foundation to get good coverage. So now I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert face brush which is amazing aswell. I use the beautyblender to set my under-eye concealer. It has made my makeup look alot more flawless and I just love it.

I would definetly buy the BB again I just love it and recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly think it was unjust to buy a ridiculously overhyped makeup sponge for such a high price, but it was a good purchase nonetheless. I have the black ones (duo set) because I think pink is too girly for my liking and black is actually easier to wash since I can actually see if the sponge is clean or not.

The BAs were constantly coaxing me to buy the liquid cleanser as well, but I was not buying it just because I simply think baby shampoo could wash my brushes, so could this sponge. It is a lot more difficult to clean, but I rather take the effort and do some hand squeezes on the sponge than buying a ridiculously expensive cleanser for a sponge.

To people who said that this sponge don't absorb products, you are bullshitting just because it still does absorb but not excessively. I mean, I love it because it thins out my foundation when I want the "no make up" make up look. It keeps the foundation looking natural but I definitely do use a little more product than usual and I dabbed the product on with my fingers instead of the sponge and it still does absorb quite a bit of product.

I definitely agree with a few reviewers that this sponge does make my makeup regime a little longer than what I can do with brushes but the result is totally worth it. It's because how beautiful the foundation will turn out with using the sponge.

I simply have not understand why people had not used this damp? I always used it damp, just because it expands and providing better coverage.

Honestly, I still find it slightly unnecessary especially if you don't like your tools to consume products as quickly, but I love the sponge no matter just because the end results of the tool gives.

I honestly don't think I need to repurchase any time soon, but I would if I need to.