December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by trumpetgirl4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this soap for a week now, and am very happy with it! I have always suffered from acne, and this is the first time my skin has been this clear in YEARS. I mean, it is drying on my fairly sensitive/combination skin, but it has yet to have any negative affects. I give it an overall rating of five, because this is the best stuff I have used on my face (coming from someone who has used Murad, Pro Active, and countless other products, that is saying a lot). I give the price a four because it is pretty cheap, but I guess if you are use to buying Dove, $3 can seem steep for a bar of soap; honestly though, it is a huge bar of soap that I am assuming will last for quite some time. Finally, I gave the packaging quality a 3 because there isn't much to the packaging; not that that matters to me, but if you care about it being a bar of soap (you may have issues due to bacterial reasons which occur with any bar soap) it might be a problem. I wish they would make this soap in a pump; that would be great. Anyway, I really suggest this soap, which might become my HG soap after I use it for a few more weeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a bar of this soap and I absolutely love it. It doesn't make my skin feel sticky and I love the scent. Plus it is super cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by babyblue42

One of the few soaps that doesn't make me itchy. I like it better than Dr. Bronner's or any of the other soaps that I have tried, and it is cheaper. Just be sure to use one of those draining soap dishes or it will turn to goo!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kelloggs99

Ever since I became pregnant, my once oily skin is dry as a bone. I have even switched from oil-free lotions to straight sweet almond oil on my face! That said, this soap is what I use to wash my face. It leaves my face feeling clean, but not tight. I like the very subtle smell and the color is pretty neat, too. Try it, and you just might like it :0)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this for body washing, but it's awful for face washing. I tried this because of the good reviews-- my skin is VERY dry in the winter, but still breaks out (I use Retin-A with a heavy face creme on top at night). I guess at the end of the day "saponified olive oil" is still soap, because my face was the driest I've ever seen it two minutes after washing with this. Major flakes of skin popped up all over my face. I do find it gentle and effective for body washing, though, and I like unscented products, so I hope three stars is the correct rating! Just my two cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by tasham53

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great soap! All natural and non-drying, way better than any liquid soap out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PINKSG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst bar of soap I have used. Will not re-purchase any Kiss My Face soaps. Doesn't moisturize at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by shedaisy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i found out about this after reading here. i am so glad i got this. i use it on my face and its amazing, no more dry spot, breakouts. my skin is so smooth and radiant even my boyfriend can not belive it. i don't know how it will work during summer but it is working great this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All of the Kiss My Face olive oil soaps are great. I especially love the Honey one. They are very pure mild soaps that are great for sensitive skin. My husband won't use anything else in the shower. He has very allergic skin and this is one of the only soaps that has Never given him a reaction. The price is very reasonable and most all healthfood stores and some drugstores now carry the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by stephanie32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really do love this soap. It has only 3 ingredients. It works for both face & body.(atleast for me!) It's $2.99 for the 8oz bar(4oz is $1.99), which I use because it's the best value. I keep it in a plastic travel soap dish so it doesn't get wet & wash away in the shower. I also use a bath sponge for my body & wet & rub over the soap, so it lasts quite a long time.(3 or 4 mths.) It leaves my face & body soft since olive oil is fabulous for the skin!

The smell isn't bad. It's not a strong smell. The packaging is minimal so it's better for the enviroment. It's from a healthier natural company Kiss My Face who I really love! I think it's a all around winner in my opinion!