August 29, 2014 | 1885 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by brioo7

I'm still debating if I'll purchase this again. The key to using this foundation is buying a different make up brush. I purchased an eco tools kabuki brush and I love it. I have sensitive skin so the first time I tried using the brush that came with the foundation, it irritated me. I've been using this daily for over a year. The product packing is now starting to crack. You can get the make up back into the container if it tips over during travel. Good coverage overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mcleishr4

Let me begin by saying that I have quite bad skin. Bad in that it is extremely unpredictible. It ranges from dry flaky patches unwilling to succumb to moisturisation, cystic acne, extreme oiliness and tends to peel around any blemishes I have, leaving them more obvious looking. It's terrible!

I used liquid foundations for a couple years (ranging from higher brands like Estee Lauder, to L'Oreal, to Natio) and also a couple of pressed powders. This was the first loose powder I used - the first mineral powder I used. And looooved it.

I think that it's my HG foundation and I can't understand why everyone still uses liquid so much.

Positives:
- It has AMAZING coverage. I have no need for concealer at all. However, probably wouldn't cover undereye circles. ( I'm not sure - I don't have any) It fully coversall the acne redness on my face, covers every blemish.
- It doesn't sink into any lines or the scabbing skin around my blemishes.
- It is buildable. I can do a light sweep across my skin for just a little coverage, or apply more for heavier, going out makeup.
- IT CLEARS UP MY BLEMISHES! I assume that it dries them out? Anyway, if I have quite bad skin and lots of blemishes, this foundation genuinely clears them up. I have done a test using liquid foundations (chanel/mac) and the next day my blemishes look the same (sometimes worse). With this foundation, without a DOUBT, the next day they seem to have shrunk, dried up a bit, and on the way out. I love that. My skin has improved overall in the years I have been using this foundation and improved as soon as I started.
- Staying power! Is excellent! I've slept in this foundation many times (bad, bad, I know - but doesn't break me out with this) and woke up the next day looking like it hasn't budged!

Negatives:
- Even though it's a powder, I do find myself looking a little oily later on, always around my nose. But I am SUPER oily.
- It can pick up my dry flaky skin a little. But I've gotten into a better skin routine anyway so that's not really an issue anymore as my skin is more healthy.
- THE PACKAGING! My biggest gripe. The brush is really horrible, dump it as soon as you get it and use your own. It ends up scratchy on your face, and applies the foundation to heavy and concentrated. It's okay if you're takign the foundation in your bag and you wanna do a little t zone sweep or something, but for full application I would not use it. Also, the holes that the powder come out have no way to be closed. So basically, if you put this in your bag or something you will NOT be able to open it. The powder will all be sitting on the top, as soon as you open it it will fall out everywhere and you won't be able to get any on your brush. What I tend to do is when I run out I remove the hole part (which I do anyway to get the last of the powder out towards the end) and pop some from my new on in there, and put that in my bag. Much easier.
- It makes my pores look bigger. They are quite huge, so this is annoying.
- It tends to get more orange as the day goes on.
- The colour range is very average. I am not pale enough for the lightest, and the second lightest is too dark. One of the shades is too pink, the other too orange. I tend to fake tan though so it becomes less of an issue.

Overall I have been using this for 4ish.. years. It is my safe go to foundation that I will always have, especially if I'm trying something new and worried it might not work! (I'm very picky and will redo my whole face if the skin doesnt turn out right).

My only word of warning would be in regards to application. It needs to be applied carefully.

Absolutely love this though and would DEFINITELY recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I should probably start by saying that I have EXTREMELY pale (I need white foundation to mix with everything), and VERY oily skin. I got this in the palest colour, which surprisingly worked pretty well! It kept my skin nice and matte, and looking perfect....for about 2 hours. After about 2 hours, it would start melting off my face. No matter how much I blotted with blotting paper or pressed-powder, it would just wear off and would look cakey and disgusting. Not only was it not long lasting, for me, it broke me out like crazy. (Not just a few little pimples, more like cystic acne that took forever to go away.) I was so sad that it broke me out so much, it really is a lovely foundation! I use it for under-eye concealer, it works very well for that! Also, the brush works wonderfully for buffing liquid foundation into your skin (especially with MUFE Matt Velvet+ or Revlon Colourstay) I have found.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by CrysMiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of my holy grail foundations. It's never done me wrong. This was actually the very first foundation I used when I first started wearing makeup. It gives great coverage and hides my red cheeks well. Surprisingly my dry face does not get dry patches when I put this foundation on. I apply it with the elf kabuki and buff it right into my skin. Only down side is that it can be a little messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I love this foundation! I was looking for a switch from liquid foundation because it dries out my skin, so I decided to give this product a go. Right from the get go, I loved this foundation. The great things about this product were how well it applies, the shades, the coverage, and the beautiful, healthy glow that it gives my skin when wearing it. I really liked the coverage for this foundation because it lets your skin shine through, but nicely covers any red spots and evens out skin tone. It goes on really easily and doesn't feel at all heavy. What I didn't really like about it was the kabuki brush it came with. It was a little prickly on my face and didn't really spread it properly so now I just use my own. Also despite loving the performance of this foundation so much I found out after purchasing it that L'Oreal is an animal testing company and for that reason, I will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am a product junkie and in fact, I have tried majority of the mineral makeups, from Youngblood (the very first company with mineral foundations) to Everyday Minerals. The purest minerals have no chance of staying on my oily skin. That is a given. It doesn't matter how much BE brags all over the media about its powders, the original formula causes itch in some of us and the matte formula looks too chalky. The rest of mineral companies depending on what they have added in their formulas may or may not work on different skins so I do not buy into the fact that minerals are pure makeup for everyone. BUT good quality mineral makeup looks much better than the traditional powders and definitely looks more natural than liquid, mousse, or cream foundations. It can look cakey if it is not applied right. Now, here is run down about L'Oreal's mmu: Certainly, this beats a lot of minerals in quality. For those with oily skins, this is possibly the best minerals that you can find. For those with dry skin, don' forget to moisturize and for those with sensitive skin, this is definitely better than BE and a GOD SENT. It is not shiny and it does not look unnatural. It is not itchy and the color selection fits majority of people. The color category designated by L'Oreal is also great in finding the right match. For those with yellow skin tones, thanks to L'Oreal, the shades are perfect for yellow undertones. I am NC 30 to NC 35 but I am not as yellow as MAC categorizes me so Buff Beige in Neutral tones is perfect for my skin tone. It looks healthy to the point and I do not need a blush or bronzer. Whoever designed the packaging must have been on drugs because I have no idea what they were thinking. The price is high compared to some of the mmu companies on the internet but over all, it is less than BE and Jane Iredale. My vote is that you should try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by roxyylovee

I have used this product on and off for about 6 years, since I started using makeup. It is definitely for those who want a full coverage foundation. I find that if you use too much, though, your face can look super cakey. I used to have moderate acne and a lot of redness, I stopped using this and my skin has improved tremendously. It does do a great job to control oil though, I will give it that.. Does anyone else have a problem with this brush? After a few weeks its like rubbing sandpaper on your face! I also dislike that you can't close the actual container, if I throw this in my bag the powder spills out into the canister and its a huge mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I've been using Maybelline Mineral Power fdn for past several months and just ran out of it. So I decided to give this a go
Price: ~$18
Pkg: really bulky and the brush is POS
Coverage: medium to full
Finish: dry matte
Colour: Natural Beige 464 is a neutral beige w/yellow undertone
Texture: creamy
I barely dip Ecotools kabuki brush in it then swirl it on.
Unlike MP this stays matte for 6+hours, even on a hot summer day. If this survives 4h at work(coffee shop) this may be The One

*UPDATE*
I put this over MUFE HD primer (neautral I think, I got the mini tube one) and it stayed relatively matte for 4h. It slightly glowy after 3h mark but nothing greasy and gross. HG fdn at last!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good coverage but made my pores look huge. I do not see myself buying this again unless my pore just vanish....can that happen?lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jessicaortiz20

I really like this product a lot! I went out and bought the concealer and the finish along with the naturale powder....the concealer works great, although i dont think its something you HAVE to have because the powder works well on coverage anyhow. I did notice that if you apply to much of the powder that it starts getting cakey so start off with applying very little! I also accidently slept in this makeup last night and when I woke up, my face still looked great! so it definately lasted a long time! i would recommend this product to anyone!