L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 11/30/2011 12:21:00 PM

Update: Changing my ratings for this. I noticed my skin clearing up after I quit using this, I am noticing that it must be the Bismuth Oxychloride in products that is one of my major triggers for breakouts. The frustrating thing about this product is the ingredients state "may contain" Bismuth Oxychloride. Perhaps some of my pots of this in the past had little or none of this ingredient, hence periods of clearer skin. I have decided to give a pass to this mineral makeup for now, until I find an affordable one with none of these problem irritants. I had tried Prestige's mineral powder, but the lightest shade was still a bit dark for my skin tone in the winter months, though it was otherwise problem free. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I break out from everything. I mean everything. I've used this off and on for 3 years and it doesn't seem to be the cause of my spot problem nor does it exacerbate. I use it with the ecotool kabuki since the lid brush does suck. I apply a light dusting to set my Vichy anti imperfection foundation (brain fart on the name of it precisely), and I use the lightest shade of this in winter, and the next shade darker in summer. I like how this blends and covers, especially if I have a grotty spot or any redness. Given the ingredients I'm frankly stunned by by good luck with this one! If I found a comparative mineral powder with coverage like this that were more natural, sure I'd try it, but til then I'll stick with this

on 11/18/2011 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is one of very few L'Oreal products that I have ever been dissatisfied with. I was unhappy with the sparkly/glowy/shimmery look this gave my face, but I was even more unhappy when, a few hours into wearing this, my skin started feeling tight and itchy.

on 11/18/2011 12:34:00 AM

My mom bought this for me as an alternative to what I used to use. I like that it is easy to apply and gives good coverage. I have combination skin though, and it flakes a bit on the dry areas and kind of builds up on the oily areas. I'm assuming that no one else gets close enough to my face to notice this though.

on 11/13/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used the concealer in this line, and really liked how it worked. I purchased this recently, unsure of what to expect due to the mixed reviews I'd read about it. I have fair, oily skin w/ large pores on my nose. I've tried a few other mineral foundations, but hated the way they accentuated my pores, and felt cakey. Well, let me say, this product is very different! I feels smooth, and creamy, covers/hides my pores, and leaves my skin looking airbrushed. I've read that the packaging isn't great (and that's true) so I dump a bit of the powder out into my clean palm, and used my own kabuki brush instead. I blend gently into my skin in circular motions. (no swirl,tap or whatever...) Result: seamless, beautiful foundation. Will update on the lasting power of it, as I've only used for two days now. So far, I'm really loving it! :)
***Edit- I still think this is the best mineral foundation on the market, but it just won't work with my oily skin. No matter what I wear underneath, my skin looks oily and greasy within 1 hour of application. Really want to love it, but it's probably better for normal to dry skin types :(

on 11/10/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm still debating if I'll purchase this again. The key to using this foundation is buying a different make up brush. I purchased an eco tools kabuki brush and I love it. I have sensitive skin so the first time I tried using the brush that came with the foundation, it irritated me. I've been using this daily for over a year. The product packing is now starting to crack. You can get the make up back into the container if it tips over during travel. Good coverage overall.

on 10/30/2011 7:46:00 PM

Let me begin by saying that I have quite bad skin. Bad in that it is extremely unpredictible. It ranges from dry flaky patches unwilling to succumb to moisturisation, cystic acne, extreme oiliness and tends to peel around any blemishes I have, leaving them more obvious looking. It's terrible!

I used liquid foundations for a couple years (ranging from higher brands like Estee Lauder, to L'Oreal, to Natio) and also a couple of pressed powders. This was the first loose powder I used - the first mineral powder I used. And looooved it.

I think that it's my HG foundation and I can't understand why everyone still uses liquid so much.

Positives:
- It has AMAZING coverage. I have no need for concealer at all. However, probably wouldn't cover undereye circles. ( I'm not sure - I don't have any) It fully coversall the acne redness on my face, covers every blemish.
- It doesn't sink into any lines or the scabbing skin around my blemishes.
- It is buildable. I can do a light sweep across my skin for just a little coverage, or apply more for heavier, going out makeup.
- IT CLEARS UP MY BLEMISHES! I assume that it dries them out? Anyway, if I have quite bad skin and lots of blemishes, this foundation genuinely clears them up. I have done a test using liquid foundations (chanel/mac) and the next day my blemishes look the same (sometimes worse). With this foundation, without a DOUBT, the next day they seem to have shrunk, dried up a bit, and on the way out. I love that. My skin has improved overall in the years I have been using this foundation and improved as soon as I started.
- Staying power! Is excellent! I've slept in this foundation many times (bad, bad, I know - but doesn't break me out with this) and woke up the next day looking like it hasn't budged!

Negatives:
- Even though it's a powder, I do find myself looking a little oily later on, always around my nose. But I am SUPER oily.
- It can pick up my dry flaky skin a little. But I've gotten into a better skin routine anyway so that's not really an issue anymore as my skin is more healthy.
- THE PACKAGING! My biggest gripe. The brush is really horrible, dump it as soon as you get it and use your own. It ends up scratchy on your face, and applies the foundation to heavy and concentrated. It's okay if you're takign the foundation in your bag and you wanna do a little t zone sweep or something, but for full application I would not use it. Also, the holes that the powder come out have no way to be closed. So basically, if you put this in your bag or something you will NOT be able to open it. The powder will all be sitting on the top, as soon as you open it it will fall out everywhere and you won't be able to get any on your brush. What I tend to do is when I run out I remove the hole part (which I do anyway to get the last of the powder out towards the end) and pop some from my new on in there, and put that in my bag. Much easier.
- It makes my pores look bigger. They are quite huge, so this is annoying.
- It tends to get more orange as the day goes on.
- The colour range is very average. I am not pale enough for the lightest, and the second lightest is too dark. One of the shades is too pink, the other too orange. I tend to fake tan though so it becomes less of an issue.

Overall I have been using this for 4ish.. years. It is my safe go to foundation that I will always have, especially if I'm trying something new and worried it might not work! (I'm very picky and will redo my whole face if the skin doesnt turn out right).

My only word of warning would be in regards to application. It needs to be applied carefully.

Absolutely love this though and would DEFINITELY recommend!

on 10/14/2011 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I should probably start by saying that I have EXTREMELY pale (I need white foundation to mix with everything), and VERY oily skin. I got this in the palest colour, which surprisingly worked pretty well! It kept my skin nice and matte, and looking perfect....for about 2 hours. After about 2 hours, it would start melting off my face. No matter how much I blotted with blotting paper or pressed-powder, it would just wear off and would look cakey and disgusting. Not only was it not long lasting, for me, it broke me out like crazy. (Not just a few little pimples, more like cystic acne that took forever to go away.) I was so sad that it broke me out so much, it really is a lovely foundation! I use it for under-eye concealer, it works very well for that! Also, the brush works wonderfully for buffing liquid foundation into your skin (especially with MUFE Matt Velvet+ or Revlon Colourstay) I have found.

on 10/13/2011 7:46:00 PM

This is one of my holy grail foundations. It's never done me wrong. This was actually the very first foundation I used when I first started wearing makeup. It gives great coverage and hides my red cheeks well. Surprisingly my dry face does not get dry patches when I put this foundation on. I apply it with the elf kabuki and buff it right into my skin. Only down side is that it can be a little messy.

on 9/25/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this foundation! I was looking for a switch from liquid foundation because it dries out my skin, so I decided to give this product a go. Right from the get go, I loved this foundation. The great things about this product were how well it applies, the shades, the coverage, and the beautiful, healthy glow that it gives my skin when wearing it. I really liked the coverage for this foundation because it lets your skin shine through, but nicely covers any red spots and evens out skin tone. It goes on really easily and doesn't feel at all heavy. What I didn't really like about it was the kabuki brush it came with. It was a little prickly on my face and didn't really spread it properly so now I just use my own. Also despite loving the performance of this foundation so much I found out after purchasing it that L'Oreal is an animal testing company and for that reason, I will definitely not be repurchasing.

on 9/12/2011 2:43:00 AM

I have used this product on and off for about 6 years, since I started using makeup. It is definitely for those who want a full coverage foundation. I find that if you use too much, though, your face can look super cakey. I used to have moderate acne and a lot of redness, I stopped using this and my skin has improved tremendously. It does do a great job to control oil though, I will give it that.. Does anyone else have a problem with this brush? After a few weeks its like rubbing sandpaper on your face! I also dislike that you can't close the actual container, if I throw this in my bag the powder spills out into the canister and its a huge mess.