Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

NATURAL BRONZER (SHADES 021, 022) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ACRYLATES COPO- LYMER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHY- LENE/VA COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE METHYLPROPIONAL, BEN- ZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYL- PARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]. NATURAL BRONZER (SHADE 027) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007)].

on 5/17/2011 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this bronzer! It's matte and does not make me look orange or dirty, and I'm quite fair. I use it as a bronzer and I sometimes also use it to contour. It does a great job for both! It's super cheap and will last a long, long time. The only reason for the 4 lippies is because of the packaging. I wish it was a little sturdier. Otherwise, a great product and I definitely recommend this shade for fair-skinned girls like myself who want a nice healthy glow without looking like an oompa loompa!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Until i discovered MAC Bronzer in Golden, this was my favourite. It gives you a nice glow without looking orange. Its easy to apply, very pigmented and inexpensive. The only thing i didnt like about it was the packaging - i didnt like that the lid was plastic, it broke easily while it was in my makeup bag. Apart from that its quite matte and would look nice on most skin tones. I would buy this bronzer again.

Pros
-buildable
-a little goes a long way
-comes with a lot of product

Cons
-ORANGE (I have pale skin and it looks terrible on me! Like a cheapo spray tan)
-terrible packaging (The lid doesn't close properly. I've dropped the thing at least 3 times because the lid wasn't attached.)
-no mirror
-no brush

As you can see, I'm definitely not repurchasing.

on 5/5/2011 10:04:00 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised by this bronzer. My intention was to get Clinique or Nuxe ($31 & $40 CDN) but at the pharmacy this morning I decided to try this one. I'm glad I did. It's natural with very little shine and for $5 CDN it's a steel. True the packaging is cheap but I keep my bronzer in my cosmetic case at home. It goes on nicely and the color is buildable. Careful, it is a little orangy. I may eventualy try another, but for now I think I'll be good for summer with this one.

on 4/2/2011 12:39:00 PM

I've gone through 4 of these & just bought another backup today during the 50% off Rimmel sale at Walgreens. This is the perfect WINTER bronzer for me. It's a light, subtle, bronze glow! I use Rimmel Sun Bronze for my summer bronzer since it's darker :) Amazing buy!

on 3/20/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer is exactly as it says - "natural". It goes on lightly and is very subtle, but you can build it up if desired.

Great as an all-over bronzer, as well as for contouring.

I bought this and the Too-Faced Chocolate Soleil at the same time, and I'd say that this is definitely comparable. It is perhaps a little orangey compared to the Too-Faced bronzer though.

If you look at the bronzer in the package, you can see tiny little shimmer particles, but I've found that it does go on fairly matte, and you can only see very small shimmer particles if you look right up close (they are very pretty though, I actually like it).

Packaging is meh - no mirror, and the clear plastic cap doesn't twist close tightly.

But overall impressed with this bronzer and would repurchase. (Wish I could give a 4.5 instead of a 4).

on 3/2/2011 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pretty pale, and I've been afraid to try bronzer because I was concerned that I'd look orange or it would look too obvious. I finally got over it and decided to buy this. It's such a great bronzer!
I use this everyday! It's great because it gives my skin the perfect tint. It also provides some coverage. The matte look is very natural. I doubt I'll use another bronzer because I love this one so much. The only downside it the packaging, it's a bit cheap.

on 2/12/2011 2:54:00 PM

This is a good bronzer and sculpting tool. Isn't shimmery like the others and is nice and matte. Price is awesome i think. I'm not too keen on the packaging but whatever, it does what it's supposed to. I would buy again.

on 2/7/2011 4:15:00 PM

This bronzer is not a disaster, it's acceptable (and cheap), but it's a little too orange on my fair skin and that is exactly the reason why I have avoided bronzers before. It doesn't look fresh and glowy as I want it to! I think some people are so seduced by it's low price that quality becomes a second priority, but for me a low price doesn't change my opinion about a product. The packaging is very "drugstore" and plastic, not the best. I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/4/2011 10:37:00 PM

I'm new to matte bronzers, and I got this one after watching a couple youtube videos. I wanted to try something drugstore so I could "practice". It's lightly colored and therefore easy to work with. However, it has a slight tint of orange, but I can work with it (it was 4 bucks!) and I still like it nonetheless :)

Popular Bronzers