September 3, 2014 | 1322 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Sharondwz0307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

How could this cleanser is containing SLS? It is pore clogging ingredient!!! It made me broke out and no improvement on my skin too. Very disappointing product in The Body Shop. Before that I heard a lot of good reviews about the product but after used it, I terribly felt how bad it was. I definitely wont purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Ethana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just a cleanser that does not do anything to your pimples or bumps or whatever on your face. it just cleanses your face, thats it. but its pretty good in removing make- up. The product is also worth the price i mean its been 3 months ive used this but i still have not finished it yet! and this one is BETTER than the foaming cleanser of the tea tree. The foaming cleanser is SERIOUSLY DRYING T_T but back to the face wash, I would not recommend this to anyone who has massive pimples on his/her faces! but it would be good as a makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by shuang92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This facial wash is great for my skin because I have oily skin. This is definitely not for those who have thin/sensitive/dry skin because tea-tree oil is quite strong in the sense that it really sucks up the oil from your skin, and that can irritate some people's skins. Each person has a different skin type (oily, normal, combination/sensitive... etc.) so you must know your particular skin type before you purchase a facial wash.

Since my skin is oily and prone to minor breakouts, this facial wash is doing a wonderful job at keeping my skin fresh and clean. My pores have shrunk as a result and I am loving the results. I also use the tea-tree oil toner and lotion after washing my face and it feels so refreshing. Definitely recommend this for people with oily skin and for those who want to get rid of blemishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by keiradead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

TRUST ME. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!, it will ruin your skin and dry your skin in the long run and makes it thinner over the years. It is cheap but it will ruin your skin. Body shop doesn't really sell good skin care products. Perfumes, make up, yes, you can buy. But skin care products, you should go for other product with no that harsh chemicals like simple, hada labo, maybe.

I am the victim. I used this during my teenage years and now i am 30, have very thin skin. My friend and beauticians comment how thin my skin is. And it is not reversible, sigh!

I am sure it is this product, because i don't use many other products and i recalled that during my teenage years , when i try out apply make-up powder everytime, my skin will peel hence i don't really put make-up. However, it doesn't come to my mind it is the cleanser. I thought it is the problem of the powder. However, over the years, my skin gets so dry and thin. Now i can't use any cleanser, because i will feel so dry and tight over days/ weeks/months especially in aircon room even with a moisturiser.

Because i was still young right then, my skin was strong and resilient, the negative effect was not obvious. I really regret it. I only take the time now to write this to let you all know because it comes to my mind now that i should write this.

If it ruined my normal, young and fine skin then, it will ruin yours. There are better ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ALE515

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I began using this right after I developed a skin allergy due to SLS. I stopped using soaps and shampoos with it, but because I thought this was a natural product I still used it. My face broke out, and continued to break out. I had bumps under my skin. They weren't exactly pimples, red, or itchy. It was annoying and it never got better. The light bulb went off, and I checked the ingredients and sure enough, SLS was in it. I stopped using it, and after a few weeks, I looked semi-normal again. I had high hopes for this product, but no luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SafiaShahi

I was recommended this product by my friend...n thanks to her..I found the best solution to my breakouts ...for my combination skin...I had a month of breakouts after using proactive ...n got frustrated...but once I started using tbs tea tree oil face wash,seaweed toner ,tea tree oil moisturiser..it worked miracles...it leaves u feeling good,n fresh..n oil controlled...glad I found these..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by PaigeBeveridge

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's the thing...the tea tree line is great. The cleanser makes your face feel fresh and clean. I had the whole line, which I used in the morning and at night. My skin has been excellent for about a year now. I eat well, drink green tea and loads of water...which is a factor. However, I switched from proactive to this line, which I used for about a month. And proactiv has a great cleanser because it's creamy and has exfoliating beads which had a deep clean, and cleared up my pimples. Nonetheless, the tea tree products cleaned my skin, but didn't unclog my pores. Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by emilyjune2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't necessarily like the packaging because it is messy. I would like to have a pump on it. That's why I gave it 4 lippies. It is a little expensive for someone who is used to buying the cheap drugstore stuff, but it is worth it! My face has slowly started to clear up (after roughly 10 uses). I don't like the smell, smells woodsy and not really "tea tree oil". I plan to continue use and possibly buy the full size product! fingers crossed, this might be my HG face wash! Will update in a few weeks for more details!

EDIT: I loved it while it lasted but moved on to bigger and better things. I had figured out that tea tree oil, salysilic acid, AND benzoyl peroxide all irritated my skin and made my acne ten times worse. After switching to Philosophy Purity Made Simple, my face has been clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin; acne tends to show up on certain times of the month and I get the occasional blackhead. I've been using this with the Tea Tree facial scrub. I feel like it works very well; it has that definite tea tree scent, which I don't mind (it reminds me of art supplies, for some reason). I was worried it might be too drying but I've not had a problem with that and I've been using it for at least six months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by BunnyWabit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this product. i used to have regular breakouts andvery oily skin and this product was an impulse buy and im so glad i bought it.

this bottle is huge and lasted me ages and about a year and a half later im repurchasing it (i decanted my last one into many smaller travel size bottles as well) and ive used this on my body and used it on my face regularly

i will say that this is slightly harsh but i use it once in the morning and once at night and it works :D if you have skin problems i would say try it out as its not too trying i have combination skin and it left the oily parts not too dried out and the drier parts pretty moisturized