April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, along with the rest of The Body Shop's tea tree oil skin care line. This face wash removes makeup and dirt and leaves your face with a fresh clean feeling. I do find at times it can make my skin a bit dry after use, but as someone with oily skin this does not bother me as this shows me that the product is actually working. If used with the other products such as the toner, moisturizer and the tea tree oil itself you will see that over time breakouts will become less severe, the redness of the skin will reduce and existing blemishes will heal and disappear faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by aydini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of the worst products i have used in my life. the toner is much worse and burning. never ever again. i am sorry TBS because i support your "no animal testing" policy :(((

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this product has been a miracle. I have oily skin that turns into a greasy mess halfway through the day. Since I have been using this cleanser, along with the matching Tea Tree Oil Toner, my oiliness has decreased dramatically. My skin isn't completely dried out, but the excessive oil has been brought under control. I will never use another cleanser again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MFancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this cleanser as well as the toner, the lotion, night time lotion, and the mask. I have very sensitive, VERY acne prone skin. I have tried almost everything including medicated topical treatment. I've been using all of these products together once a day for about 4 days now and i have already seen the redness in my face fade, the texture of my skin smooth out, and also the pain of my borderline cystic acne be relieved. I do feel an uncomfortable burn on some areas of my face and I personally do not enjoy the scent. But the fact that I've seen any kind of results in only a few days is very pleasing! I recommend anyone who has had acne problems to give it a shot, its inexpensive and, for me at least, it's working!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I had high hopes for this given all the hype.. But I have been thoroughly disappointed every time I've given this face wash a chance. Forget about clearing the present blemishes, this stuff broke me out every single time I used it! This definitely isn't the product for me. Too bad since it smells wonderful, feels refreshing and you get a lot for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by StateofRachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is not so bad, but doesn't work miracles by any means. Acne on my face isn't a big problem - clogged pores are. I don't feel this product does anything to reduce the few pimples I have, so I can't recommend it as an acne treatment. However, it does clean out my pores reasonably well. Some of them will still be clogged, but my face looks a little bit cleaner after use and this product also does not dry out my skin too much. That's enough reason for me to keep on using it. I haven't been using it as a make-up remover, but I don't think it would be suitable for that, as others already have said.

I have to add that I haven't been consistent in using this product, so the effects might be better after continued use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

Wow, I'm surprised at all the terrible reviews this got! I actually enjoyed this cleanser. It's definitely not a cure for acne - but I think it would keep acne at bay and help clear up any minor blemishes. I probably wouldn't repurchase because I had to order it online and I'm always trying new cleansers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Fixxylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE THIS FACE WASH! first i got a small travel size bottle as a free gift and ever since that, i could see the difference in my face, blemishes started to fade and i hv less breakoiuts. i am now on my second bottle and will continue using this face wash again and again! and a huge bottle lasts me about 4 months as i wash my face twice a day, thrice if my face gets really oily around lunch time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad. I feel this stuff cleans my clogged pores and leaves a really cool and refreshing sensation. It has a heavy tea tree smell, so you have to watch out not to put this in your eyes. I use this before applying my toner. Not worth as a makeup remover, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how well this removes makeup. I first use a Dove soap or a makeup removing cleanser to break up makeup, then I rinse and use a small amount of this cleanser. It has a really nice tingling sensation, which feels cooling and refreshing. I will use it even more in the summer, when you get more oil production due to the heat. Most of the year I have combination to normal/dry skin. This does not dry me out too much, but I wouldn't use it every day on dry skin.