December 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mrsmoonbeam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite primer!! It doesn't cause breakouts and it truly creates a glow in your skin after you apply foundation. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Photo finish is alright. It went on smoothly and kept my face makeup on all day long. My face was even and my skin felt super smooth, you couldn't even see my blemishes or anything. I took two lippies off because:
1. I hate the little pieces of plastic clumps while blending this onto my face...ew
2. The packaging SUCKS. Although the pump is a smart idea, the product will be hard to get out once I reach the bottom of the bottle, and the darn cap NEVER stays on, like its the wrong cap for the bottle, you would think for $42.00 they would at least make the cap so that it CLICKS on. Nope.
3. The price is pretty high up there... $42.00 ...eep

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by paulamarie

This product does a decent job of smoothing skin out to prepare it for foundation, but I do not care for its oily texture. In addition, my bottle of this stuff is still about 2/3 full and the pump already won't dispense what's left of it. I tried storing the bottle upside-down hoping the product would drip to the top of the bottle, but it is quite thick so it doesn't really move. It's too thick to try to tap some out into your hand, too, so you just have to scrape it out with something. Overall I'm not terribly impressed, so when I'm done with this I'll just go back to applying SPF 30 face sunscreen instead before my foundatio.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by dgopalan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Since my mom stole my original Smashbox primer, I went hunting on ebay for a replacements where this was available for dirt cheap and I decided to get it. It is definitely lighter in feel than the original which I like since I do tend to get oily at times. Like the original, it made foundation easier to apply. I am not sure if the dermaxyl complex has helped since I have only been using this for a week. I have decent enough skin that I don't need a primer but used the original because of the flawless finish it gives to skin in pictures (hence the reason why I loved the original). I took a picture with this new primer on, and the same flawless finish appeared in the picture.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

Wow, this made my combination skin look gorgeous with foundation. IT made it last all day and look radiant. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This product is too oily for my skin, just like the regular. It makes my face feel like a oil slick by mid day. They do have a new oil free primer which I will try after I finish what I am using. It is great for dry skin though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by JessiDayle

I recieved a very generous sample of this in a swap and I'm so glad I did. My skin isn't horrible but it has some problem areas. I have large pores (hate), oily areas around my chin, nose, and forehead, dry areas around my eyes and mouth, and since my eyes are very dry it almost looks like fine lines are making an appearance. I was worried about using a primer because I don't like to put a lot of thick goop on my face for fear of being oily and clogged. This primer went on so light and blended in smoothly. I used foundation over it (Maybelline Pure) and while usually by the end of the day this foundation is gone, it stayed all day long and looked fresh. My pores, especially around my cheeks and temples, were much less visible! I might even get away with shimmery blush again! I didn't have to blot my face at all, when normally by the mid-afternoon I'm applying powder and anything I can to reduce oil on my forehead and chin. Maybe it's my imagination, but the "lines" around my eyes were much less apparent as well! I'm afraid for when I run out of this primer because the full size is expensive ($42) but I will most likely make the investment. Oh, and I should add that I accidently slept with makeup on the other night (oops!) and it did not break me out at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by aznbebebabe

I must say, Ive hardly ever used primer. Before Accutane, my skin was so oily I didnt want to put too much on it since it would just become a big grease ball. But now after Acutane, my skin is normal. I dont know if this product would make my more matte or make my foundation last longer. It did, make my pores seem much smaller. It made my foundation go on much smoother as it filled in my pores. Honestly, I wouldnt recommend for oily skin as I can imagine it may clog pores. But for normal to dry, it works. Again, I dont think it made my foundation last longer. It just made my face a smoother canvas for the foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mserena

I have read so many great things about what primers can do for your foundation, and after reading review after review, I decided that I should try this product. Bad idea. For $40 this product did the equivalent of NOTHING. Actually, it did make my skin feel very soft and silky, however, this silkiness made the foundation a real nightmare to blend. I use a foundation brush and the foundation just slide around and around. At one point I literally had streaks! It was more like painting a FENCE v/s applying foundation. The product claims to help fill in fine lines - wrong. I applied this primer on one side of my face and applied foundation over my whole face so I could do a comparison between the two sides. Initially, there was no difference at all. So I wore it all day thinking that maybe it would help keep my foundation "fresher" and at the end of the day, I looked in the mirror to do another comparison - again, no difference at all. This product is definitely being returned.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by kschoice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer helped me put my foundation without any problems, but during the day my skin started looking oily. I tried it for three days, but all I got was an oily face and acne. This product isn't good for combination/oily skin because it's too greasy & heavy-feeling.