Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/10/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly don't understand all the low reviews on this product. I think the reason is because everyone has basically heard all these negatives things about this mascara they expect it to be really bad. Well I was one of those people. When I tried it I expected it to clump, flake, and make my lashes spidery... well it did not at all. For a waterproof mascara, this definitely is NOT waterproof believe me. And it also didn't flake on me all day. So this is a product that you'll have to try for yourself in order to get your own opinion.

It works fine, classic packaging, and reasonably priced. It tends to flake into my eyes, though, when it starts to dry out a little.

on 10/22/2010 2:45:00 PM

Not sure why it got so high mark reviews on those magazines. I tried out first time during evening. Put on both upper and lower lashes. Just one coat. No more than an hour, I got raccoon eyes. I gave another try druing daytime. One one coat on upper lashes. Less than 2 hours, I got black marks on the bottom. I didn't put anything on my bottom lash. It made my eye itchy a little bit too. Just want to test out the waterproof feature, but I I'm very disappointed.

Besides the waterproof is not working, it's other features, like extending, curling, thicking, it pretty nothing. I used Chanel mascrara. One coat is all it needs to make my asian short and straight eyelashes dramatic.

on 10/18/2010 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't like this mascara. If you use a different wand it's a little better but consistency is very thin. Took so many coats to get somewhat near my desired look.

I much prefer Maybelline's Define-A-Lash.

on 10/14/2010 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Horrible mascara! I bought this in brown, which is pretty much black. The formula is very runny and gets everywhere. It also clumps like crazy and the wand is absolutely useless! It doesn't fan or anything, no matter your application technique. Sure you could run a lash comb through, but you have to do it over and over and it winds up bringing down my curl. Lashes felt crunchy. Was harder to remove than any other WP mascara I have tried, even using my trusty SK Remove. A few lashes fell out over the course of the evening after mascara was removed. I will never ever buy another Great Lash mascara. They all stink!

Raccoon eyes by the end of the day!

on 9/7/2010 8:58:00 PM

I just bought this mascara a few days ago and have been applying it about 8am and now here it is..almost 9pm and its still there.I had noooo idea that this holds a curl like it does.If I had know that,I would have bought this, sooner!Anyway..just my opinon..this mascara does not clump,doesn not smudge,and does not flake.Not much in the way of length(maybe a little more)my eyelashes are not long,by no means.But geezzzz,this mascara holds my curl!!!!!AND,after it being on my lashes allllllll day:))))I was actually puzzled,like..why?...lol!! I did purchase today at Walmart(the waterproof mascara in Full and Soft..just to compare.I have tried Lash Blast and its YUCK!At least on my lashes..lol!So wish me luck Ladies:)And oh yes,I will repurchase the Waterproof Great Lash:)
Update..I tried this full and soft mascara and I dont know what all the hype is about it!I tried it today and the curl was already going down about 2 in the afternoon..where as the Maybelline Great Lash waterproof one,its curl held up to 9pm at night,from about 9am in the morning.

on 8/28/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara.
I curl my medium length straight lashes with a spoon (google it!).
Then I use this mascara just to define, separate and blacken my lashes.
The result is a very natural look, perfect for daytime.
The brush is great imo (i have the straight brush) and allows me to get to the very base of my lashes.
This is my alternate (cheaper) fav to full'n'soft.

Overall - 4
Price - 2 (cheap!)
Packaging - 4 (can look cheap-ish and bulky)
Buy again - Yes

on 8/22/2010 3:56:00 PM

I don't understand why this has an Allure award.. It smudges :( esp. compared to my Maybelline's Define A Lash.

I found it to be soft and comparatively cheap. I don't remember it clumping too badly, but overall, the extent of the smudging threw me completely off this after the first day. My Asian lashes tend to be pushed down, so I need mascara that won't smudge if it happens to brush my undereye.

This is not it.

on 8/17/2010 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think this is a nice, basic daytime mascara. It gives my average lashes soft and natural definition. Plus, it really is waterproof! I like it on its own, and also as a mascara base for other mascaras (it seems to work just as well as my Shiseido mascara base). Nice.