July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

My absolute HG mascara, hands down. I know Great Lash gets a lot of hate here on MUA, but for me it works perfectly. I have very long, stick straight lashes that I must curl every day. What I need in a mascara is to thicken, darken, and HOLD A CURL. I also don't want a lot of extra length added on. This mascara does all of those things perfectly for me. I love how thick this makes my lashes look and the waterproof formula doesn't uncurl my lashes. I'm done trying other mascaras because I'm always disappointed. If you have eyelashes like mine, I would highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

I needed a waterproof mascara without paying a lot of money, so i picked up the Great Lash. I hate it!!! It barley does anything to my lashes! The only good thing about it is it gives my bottom lashes a good amount of length without going overboard!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dk why its advertised as america's number 1 mascara. it's not even buildable. your lashes are super stiff and theres no volume or lengthening. the only good thing is that its not really that clumpy and the brush will separate lashes. other than that its pretty crappy. i knew it was crappy tho, i just wanted to try it at least 1x in my life

UPDATE
as strange as it is, i let this product dry out a little bit and now its my favorite mascara. i like this better than lancome mascaras and even my colossal volum express.. i also tried YSL mascara and its about the same as this one

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by drugstorediva

i love this mascara! it works great for me. wonderful pigmentation, great staying power, and it really makes my lashes stand out! sooo cheap i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed a good waterproof mascara for occasions like floating the river, and well, summer in general.
First, I bought Rimmel's Sexy Curves Waterproof. I get home and read the reviews on here. Terrible. I didn't even open the package I was so terrified. It was returned the next day. Later, I ended up with a tube of this Great Lash. For a waterproof mascara, it does the job. I would definitely NOT grab this if you're looking for volume or length. It does, however, darken my lashes and with a generous amount of coats doesn't look all that bad. I don't have a problem with clumps at all and I hate the wand, but other than that no complaints. Oh, it's a nightmare to remove when the time comes; be careful not to rip all of your lashes out!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by smilekey

I have to agree with everyone who does not like this product ...URGH... i had such high hopes for this product! Its waterproof which i like , but urgh... It clumps my lashes! I did my friends make up using this mascara , and it was clumpy on her too. I wouldnt buy this again:( sorry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by DarkDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like this product.
Not waterproof at all. I bought this for a trip to Djerba ( poolgames, lots of water, pool, sea, sweat,....) and I can tell you this isn't waterproof at all.
Not very flakey, but don't expect volume or lenght. Just a nice black color.
I absolutly do NOT reccomend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by issomethingfishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand all of these negative reviews! Great Lash Waterproof has never flaked, caused raccoon eyes, or clumped on my lashes. The Blackest Black darkens my blah-brown eyelashes significantly. I have very straight eyelashes, and this is hands down the best mascara for getting them to keep shape after I use a curler. I have been wearing this mascara every day this week during an insane heat wave. It's been humid as heck, plus I've been swimming every night. This mascara won't budge until I hit it with a good eye makeup remover before bed. It even stays on through a shower! I am amazed.

I also love the brush on this mascara. It's small and stiff, making it easy to separate all of my lashes -- even the little tiny ones. This stuff is so good that I don't feel the need to wear eyeliner on a daily basis. It evenly covers from my lash line to the tips, making me look like I naturally have dark, perfectly shaped lashes.

I know Carmindy has touted this mascara and often uses it on What Not to Wear. I can totally see why.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by marygor0und

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get raccoon eyes when I wear eyeliner or mascara. This waterproof version is ok but not great. It does make my lashes look a little more voluminous, but some of my lashes will clump together on the first application. My eyes also felt a little dry when wearing it.

My non-waterproof mascara usually begins running within a few hours. This waterproof one held up for about five hours before running. Guess that is better than nothing. I'd buy it again if I can't find a better waterproof mascara, and it is pretty inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

I am so surprised to see all the negative reviews of this product!! I have been using this mascara for years now as my everyday mascara, and I love it. I have very sensitive eyes, and wear contacts, but this mascara did not irritate my eyes at all. I have not experienced the flaking or clumping that many other people seem to have. Overall, I love this mascara and have repurchased many times. It can't be beat for the price, so i would suggest giving it a try.