October 23, 2014 | 923 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this during CVS bogo and nicely surprised! This powder is really great and not cakey at all! I do have to say that Revlon needs stop increasing their so much! But I will get more when they have another bogo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I got this product on BOGO with the Colorstay liquid foundation. When I used those two together, the result was cakey and heavy. Recently, however, I began using my Studio Fix Fluid with this on top as a setting powder, and it has worked wonders to keep my T-Zone oiliness at bay, as well as preventing the fading and oxidization of SFF. For reference, I am a NC25 and I used the Light version of this. The powder is a little bit lighter than the SFF, but it blends in after a while. Revlon claims that this is finely milled, but when first applied it is a bit grainy and you can see that I am wearing powder. However, as the day wears on, it blends with the natural oils of my face and produces a nice and smooth finish.

This powder offers very low coverage when applied with a brush, so it is not a powder foundation like the Studio Fix Powder. The packaging is not great but I only use this in the morning so the frailty of the plastic doesn't really bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by 1makeupaddict

really love this powder bought this in light a great match

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Benefit Get Even powder but I'm not too happy with it. It's ok and i use it when i misplace my benefit one but i wouldn't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Must be one of the best pressed powder I have tried out there. I have oily skin and prone to blemishes. I have this in Light best match for my fair-medium skintone. I use this over foundation sets the make up. Looks polished and professional. Controls oil and feels comfortable. Light shade is best for fair/medium skintone with yellow undertone. For reference I'm a NC25-NC 30.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is very good but that is because I use it with the colorstay foundation, however I can't actually tell that much difference after using the powder but sure enough I the make up doesn't rub of, my skin dosen't go oily and last for long long time like this not sure about 16 hours as I've only ever had it on for 9 hours, and after 9 hours looks the same (a little bit better) than first applied as I have oily-very oily skin. Only problem is I bought Medium and not sure what colour I should be using as I'm oriental with yellow tone light skin color, I am a NC30 MAC. Can anybody help?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have some major gripes about this product. 1. The applicator/sponge thing has an edge on top that is sharp and pokes me when I apply (almost like a paper cut.)2. The mirror on this thing is soooo tiny. 3. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it feels cheap and light weight. Doesn't look nice. 4. The color of the light is just not right for my skin (very fair) even though it is quite light. I feel like it makes me look a bit dead when I apply it. All in all I much prefer Clinique, Mac or even Cover Girl. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

This is a very good powder. I usually use MAC's StudioFix Powder in C2 over Revlon's Colorstay Fdtn in Buff. I was not able to get to my nearest MAC store or counter, so I quickly popped into a pharmacy and picked this up. When I first opened it, I was skeptical. I wasn't sure if it would look natural. I put it on, and it really suprised me! It actually looked good. I got it in Light. I will get MAC's StudioFix Powder again in the future; it's hard to compare two products when you don't have both of them at the same time. There is a smell; not a bad smell, but there is a smell. It looks sleek; it's a black compact. Comes with a sponge; I don't use it. Try it; it's really good for drugstore quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by catteys

I love this pressed powder. So cheap but so good! I use it to set my foundation and my face can be flawless and nice all day without any blotting! (ok not all day but approx. 6 - 8 hours) I really like it.
BUT, i can't find it anymore in HK :( I wish i could find some high end brands i like so i dont need to be so frustrated about drugstore brands discontinuing products! I can't buy this and Revlon colorstay active anymore! grrrrrr

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this pressed powder. I use it in the "light" shade. Does not look cakey, feel heavy or settle into fine lines. It does last a long time and usually I just blot once throughout the day instead of having to touch up with it. Keeps my face looking perfectly polished!
I do wish the nice slim black compact was a bit sturdier. But this is a drugstore makeup (not in quality of the actual product though) so I have to realize that the compact may feel a bit "cheap" I just cannot justify paying $$$ for compairable quality when I can get it for so much less at a drugstore.
Get this when its on BOGO and you've got even a better deal.