Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 7/12/2009 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder looks good on me, it doesnt look powdery even when I layer it as long as I blend it. Gives light coverage. Covers light redness. I have this in Light, it is not yellow which is the problem I normally have. all black compact 0.3oz

on 4/20/2009 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So I just got this a couple of days ago, but I still wanna review it now, so I will, well I got this in Medium and I'm an NC40 in MAC SFF, but the powder works pretty good, it has some coverage , not as much as a foundation but I wasn't expecting that either, but over all this was more than I expected it has good coverage for being a PP, it was cheap, and it is long lasting, but the packaging is ver very bad!!! super flimsy and sick, like uber cheap looking I cant even stand it!!lol but the powder inside is pretty great!

on 4/10/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great powder for setting your makeup. Feels like it really fixes it on your face. I haven't tried the other colorstay products but I have heard thet they are good.
I use this powder with a powder brush for a light dusting or with the sponge for more setting or covering redness or to blot my face.
I don't know if it is just me but when I first put it on it also helps the foundation not to rub off as easly. Leaves a plastic-y feeling (plastic fantastic)to the face (when you touch it), think it has to do with the film builders that it contains that help to fix your makeup at place.
For oil and shine control this works as any other powder,leaves a natural matte finish to the face.
If you want a powder to set your makeup try this one. This doesn't last 16h on my oily face but it does prolong your makeup! I don't use this daily but when I do, I don't have any problems with big breakouts/clogged pores.
Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 4/7/2009 7:21:00 PM

I got this during CVS bogo and nicely surprised! This powder is really great and not cakey at all! I do have to say that Revlon needs stop increasing their so much! But I will get more when they have another bogo.

on 4/6/2009 1:16:00 PM

I got this product on BOGO with the Colorstay liquid foundation. When I used those two together, the result was cakey and heavy. Recently, however, I began using my Studio Fix Fluid with this on top as a setting powder, and it has worked wonders to keep my T-Zone oiliness at bay, as well as preventing the fading and oxidization of SFF. For reference, I am a NC25 and I used the Light version of this. The powder is a little bit lighter than the SFF, but it blends in after a while. Revlon claims that this is finely milled, but when first applied it is a bit grainy and you can see that I am wearing powder. However, as the day wears on, it blends with the natural oils of my face and produces a nice and smooth finish.

This powder offers very low coverage when applied with a brush, so it is not a powder foundation like the Studio Fix Powder. The packaging is not great but I only use this in the morning so the frailty of the plastic doesn't really bother me.

really love this powder bought this in light a great match

on 1/30/2009 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this to replace my Benefit Get Even powder but I'm not too happy with it. It's ok and i use it when i misplace my benefit one but i wouldn't repurchase again.

on 1/25/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Must be one of the best pressed powder I have tried out there. I have oily skin and prone to blemishes. I have this in Light best match for my fair-medium skintone. I use this over foundation sets the make up. Looks polished and professional. Controls oil and feels comfortable. Light shade is best for fair/medium skintone with yellow undertone. For reference I'm a NC25-NC 30.

on 1/18/2009 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is very good but that is because I use it with the colorstay foundation, however I can't actually tell that much difference after using the powder but sure enough I the make up doesn't rub of, my skin dosen't go oily and last for long long time like this not sure about 16 hours as I've only ever had it on for 9 hours, and after 9 hours looks the same (a little bit better) than first applied as I have oily-very oily skin. Only problem is I bought Medium and not sure what colour I should be using as I'm oriental with yellow tone light skin color, I am a NC30 MAC. Can anybody help?

I have some major gripes about this product. 1. The applicator/sponge thing has an edge on top that is sharp and pokes me when I apply (almost like a paper cut.)2. The mirror on this thing is soooo tiny. 3. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it feels cheap and light weight. Doesn't look nice. 4. The color of the light is just not right for my skin (very fair) even though it is quite light. I feel like it makes me look a bit dead when I apply it. All in all I much prefer Clinique, Mac or even Cover Girl. continued >>