September 20, 2014 | 1151 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can add this to the list of primers that does "nothing much" for me. Makes skin feel a bit smoother/velvetier, as do many primers. Pleasant, but not enough to keep me liking this product as it DOES NOT do anything to decrease the look of my pores or increase the wear of my makeup. Also it's expensive and the little jar (while cute) is not very sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can only repeat what others have said.

I've been using it for about a month now and I think its a great primer. It really does smooth out your complexion and disguise pores.

It does go on a little greasy at first but certainly not as greasy as liquid primers I have tried. It feels a bit like putty for your face. You really only need a tiny little bit of the product. I use it all over my face because of my pores and still only need about the size of half a pea. I apply it about 10 minutes after my moisturiser, dab it lightly over my face then smooth out. I leave it on my face for about 5 minutes before applying any foundation.

I sometimes even wear it alone without makeup, it gives a soft pink, fresh look (sort of what I expected the Clarins Beauty Balm to do) with no shine. I forget I have it one after a few minutes.

It does come in the tiniest little jar, but because you need so little product I can see why. It comes with a little curved spatula too. I don't mind the jar - it prevents waste and I make sure the lip is closed tightly & wipe the spatula clean after I've used it.

I think I will be purchasing again if it doesn't clog my pores after a few more months of use. It is quite expensive so it also depends on how long 15ml lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just finished using a sample of this product that allowed me 4 applications. I have to say, I was really impressed by it. I only needed a very small amount to go over my entire face (smaller than a pea). It left my face feeling very soft, and on its own I didn't notice any major differences. However, I then applied my concealer and foundation and noticed a major difference. One of the areas I've always had problems with is my dark under eye circles, and the concealer and foundation seemed to be able to mask them much better with this product on! I looked more awake! I also noticed that my pores had become invisible and my face/skin looked much more like a beautiful canvas. This is the closest I have come to achieving an airbrushed look! And as I mentioned earlier, my skin felt extremely soft and smooth. I will definitely buy this as soon as my finances allow! I was very surprised at what a major difference it ended up making.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Ekstin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried, but I still can't figure out why people like this.
It feels greasy on my skin even though it gives a matte look. It does make the skin look velvety and makes pores appear smaller.

The problems start when I apply foundation, I have tried both liquid and powder mineral foundation and all kinds of application methods, but it still rolls off when I use it with foundation. This of course, makes it pretty useless as a foundation primer for me. It looks good on bare skin though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

This primer is neither good nor bad; it didn't make any difference in how my make up looked, but left me with a greasy feeling. I was excited to try this primer because I love Clarins’ other products (the toning body polisher and the relax bath and shower concentrate are essential to me) but I found this primer disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

okay so i've been using this product for about a week and a half, every day. i never break out from anything and my skin shows absolutely no negative signs from using it, therefore i'll discard this issue and say that i can thoroughly comment on this product.

pros:

-it does what it says...90%. it will fill in your pores but with the fine lines, it's a little different. it WILL attenuate them, only if they're REALLY fine, as they say. i don't know what's the case with deep wrinkles or scars because i have none; however, on my fine expression lines around the eyes it worked in the sense that it prevented my foundation and concealer from creasing, which i hate, especially in that area- can make you look five to ten years older.

-it does fill in the pores, as i said. i personally have very large pores on a small portion of skin around the nostrils, bordering the cheek. my makeup looks smoother first of all, no 'holes' whatsoever. it also prevents any type of foundation (dry, oily, mousse, etc) from looking chalky and 'dusty', as it usually happens to me after several hours of wearing it. whatever foundation i use, greasy or dry and everything in between, it will end up looking dry on that specific area, which i hate- ages the face quite a lot. it doesn't happen with this product.

-my makeup didn't budge an inch, not even the blush and bronzer, though i usually apply it very sparingly on the cheeks, forehead and chin. it just stays on and on an on. absolutely lovely. it doesn't seem to transfer, it doesn't look cakey, it doesn't look different.

-it didn't give me an oily feeling or appearance. as i said, my makeup stayed on with no problem whatsoever. perhaps it works differently on oily to extremely oily skin, but to me it didn't cause anything in the family.

Cons:

-it is very expensive for the quantity.
-the jar..well i actually like the packaging, and due to its consistency it would have virtually been impossible to package it in a different manner. the l'oreal studio secrets one is in a jar as well, for example. i don't mind patting my fingertips on the product...yeah, hygienic or not, it's only me who's using it, and if a product is expected to develop such large quantities of bacteria over an average period of time (as long as it takes to go through it) then it isn't worth making your face up...but that's just my opinion.
- the little spatula- now this is a little improvement. i like the little spatula, is much more 'ergonomic' than the one from le blanc de chanel, for example, the edges are carefully rounded and i like the slight curves of the end you're supposed to use with the primer. i guess it's a nice and useful addition, it doesn't scratch and it's small enough to place it on top of the lid.

now i don't know if i will be repurchasing the product. it is of high quality indeed, it does what it says unlike many other primers i've tried, however it isn't the 'OH MY GOD!'-ness that i expected after reading the raving reviews here. it's good, but nothing amazing. however, since it solved my major problem (enlarged pores+fine lines) it's a keeper. perhaps i will soon be trying a shiseido one or something 'granted' to work. i don't know, but for the moment, i think this is one of the (very few) best choices from the products available on the market.

happy shopping!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finally found my HG primer!

I have to admit, I used to be one of those people who didn't believe in primer. I had never found one that did what it promised to do in minimising pores and smoothing out the texture of skin. I used to just use moisturiser instead.

Not anymore! I love this product. I have never had that bad of a problem of trying to combat oily skin through makeup so I can't really comment on that aspect except to say that I THINK my nose is a little less shiny at the end of the day - but this product is SO GREAT for minimising pores. I have quite large ones and they are the bane of my life. I also have slightly uneven skin texture from acne scarring. This primer smooths everything out and fills the pores - my foundation sits lovely on top of it.

It is fairly expensive for such a small jar, but everyone is right in saying a little goes a long way and I can see this lasting quite a few months.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a primer that will fill pores to create a smoother base for foundation, rather than to control oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Fills in pores/light wrinkles very well. Silky smooth texture (a little less gunky than Sephora's Immediate Wrinkle Filler.) Helps makeup last a little longer.

CONS: If you're oily, this may not work for you. Some won't like that it comes in a jar that can be contaminated with fingers. Wish they made one with a more neutral color base (not so pink). (I'm N15, leaning to NC, with ruddy patches.) But most of this smooths in where you hardly see a color change.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal's Studio Secret Professional Magic Perfecting Base Primer leaves you a little less oily than this, and it's much cheaper.

APPLICATION TIPS: Tap into deepest pores. Wait a minute before applying foundation so it has time to set. For eyes, I prefer an eye cream instead.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you get clogged pores, you may want to remove this with something like a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser so that it doesn't clog your pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it as a gift and Its just ok, the trick is using it lightly...I like the finish it gives my foundation or powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given this by a friend who wanted the wrinkle blurring effects but was dissapointed by the matte effect (She likes the dewy look) so I gave this a go.
A couple of uses later where I perfected my way of using this has made it a great product for me.
Because it does have a "Siliconeish" feel to it (Too smooth and a little greasy feeling for my taste) I am careful to apply a very small amount after my moisturiser has sunk in and about 5 mins before applying make up to all the problem areas of my face (Areas that get shiny and the more aged areas and under the eyes)
I definatley see a blurring effect on the more aged areas so that the skin texture looks better and notice that as the day goes on I dont seem to be as oily in the t zone.
As the best effect for me is on the improvement of texture, I feel that the younger ladies without ageing issues and are buying this product to make their make up last better or combat oilies would be maybe better with a different primer.It would certainly be a great product for those who are lucky enough not to have to wear foundation as it would blur any lines but would still look very natural. Also would be great for gents too!