April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

This primer is neither good nor bad; it didn't make any difference in how my make up looked, but left me with a greasy feeling. I was excited to try this primer because I love Clarins’ other products (the toning body polisher and the relax bath and shower concentrate are essential to me) but I found this primer disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

okay so i've been using this product for about a week and a half, every day. i never break out from anything and my skin shows absolutely no negative signs from using it, therefore i'll discard this issue and say that i can thoroughly comment on this product.

pros:

-it does what it says...90%. it will fill in your pores but with the fine lines, it's a little different. it WILL attenuate them, only if they're REALLY fine, as they say. i don't know what's the case with deep wrinkles or scars because i have none; however, on my fine expression lines around the eyes it worked in the sense that it prevented my foundation and concealer from creasing, which i hate, especially in that area- can make you look five to ten years older.

-it does fill in the pores, as i said. i personally have very large pores on a small portion of skin around the nostrils, bordering the cheek. my makeup looks smoother first of all, no 'holes' whatsoever. it also prevents any type of foundation (dry, oily, mousse, etc) from looking chalky and 'dusty', as it usually happens to me after several hours of wearing it. whatever foundation i use, greasy or dry and everything in between, it will end up looking dry on that specific area, which i hate- ages the face quite a lot. it doesn't happen with this product.

-my makeup didn't budge an inch, not even the blush and bronzer, though i usually apply it very sparingly on the cheeks, forehead and chin. it just stays on and on an on. absolutely lovely. it doesn't seem to transfer, it doesn't look cakey, it doesn't look different.

-it didn't give me an oily feeling or appearance. as i said, my makeup stayed on with no problem whatsoever. perhaps it works differently on oily to extremely oily skin, but to me it didn't cause anything in the family.

Cons:

-it is very expensive for the quantity.
-the jar..well i actually like the packaging, and due to its consistency it would have virtually been impossible to package it in a different manner. the l'oreal studio secrets one is in a jar as well, for example. i don't mind patting my fingertips on the product...yeah, hygienic or not, it's only me who's using it, and if a product is expected to develop such large quantities of bacteria over an average period of time (as long as it takes to go through it) then it isn't worth making your face up...but that's just my opinion.
- the little spatula- now this is a little improvement. i like the little spatula, is much more 'ergonomic' than the one from le blanc de chanel, for example, the edges are carefully rounded and i like the slight curves of the end you're supposed to use with the primer. i guess it's a nice and useful addition, it doesn't scratch and it's small enough to place it on top of the lid.

now i don't know if i will be repurchasing the product. it is of high quality indeed, it does what it says unlike many other primers i've tried, however it isn't the 'OH MY GOD!'-ness that i expected after reading the raving reviews here. it's good, but nothing amazing. however, since it solved my major problem (enlarged pores+fine lines) it's a keeper. perhaps i will soon be trying a shiseido one or something 'granted' to work. i don't know, but for the moment, i think this is one of the (very few) best choices from the products available on the market.

happy shopping!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finally found my HG primer!

I have to admit, I used to be one of those people who didn't believe in primer. I had never found one that did what it promised to do in minimising pores and smoothing out the texture of skin. I used to just use moisturiser instead.

Not anymore! I love this product. I have never had that bad of a problem of trying to combat oily skin through makeup so I can't really comment on that aspect except to say that I THINK my nose is a little less shiny at the end of the day - but this product is SO GREAT for minimising pores. I have quite large ones and they are the bane of my life. I also have slightly uneven skin texture from acne scarring. This primer smooths everything out and fills the pores - my foundation sits lovely on top of it.

It is fairly expensive for such a small jar, but everyone is right in saying a little goes a long way and I can see this lasting quite a few months.

I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a primer that will fill pores to create a smoother base for foundation, rather than to control oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Fills in pores/light wrinkles very well. Silky smooth texture (a little less gunky than Sephora's Immediate Wrinkle Filler.) Helps makeup last a little longer.

CONS: If you're oily, this may not work for you. Some won't like that it comes in a jar that can be contaminated with fingers. Wish they made one with a more neutral color base (not so pink). (I'm N15, leaning to NC, with ruddy patches.) But most of this smooths in where you hardly see a color change.

ALTERNATES: L'Oreal's Studio Secret Professional Magic Perfecting Base Primer leaves you a little less oily than this, and it's much cheaper.

APPLICATION TIPS: Tap into deepest pores. Wait a minute before applying foundation so it has time to set. For eyes, I prefer an eye cream instead.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you get clogged pores, you may want to remove this with something like a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser so that it doesn't clog your pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it as a gift and Its just ok, the trick is using it lightly...I like the finish it gives my foundation or powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given this by a friend who wanted the wrinkle blurring effects but was dissapointed by the matte effect (She likes the dewy look) so I gave this a go.
A couple of uses later where I perfected my way of using this has made it a great product for me.
Because it does have a "Siliconeish" feel to it (Too smooth and a little greasy feeling for my taste) I am careful to apply a very small amount after my moisturiser has sunk in and about 5 mins before applying make up to all the problem areas of my face (Areas that get shiny and the more aged areas and under the eyes)
I definatley see a blurring effect on the more aged areas so that the skin texture looks better and notice that as the day goes on I dont seem to be as oily in the t zone.
As the best effect for me is on the improvement of texture, I feel that the younger ladies without ageing issues and are buying this product to make their make up last better or combat oilies would be maybe better with a different primer.It would certainly be a great product for those who are lucky enough not to have to wear foundation as it would blur any lines but would still look very natural. Also would be great for gents too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer for people with combination skin. It really helps my foundation to not accentuate my dry, scaly patches; it also helps mattify my nose a bit; lastly, and most importantly, it doesn't break me out. It has very little scent, and a nice velvet-cream texture. HG primer for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by slimthick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was giving this product as a gift. My concealer and powder went on really great. It left me with a satin/silk look which is great for me because my skin is very oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by hulmek2

I really don't rate this product at all, and its so expensive for what it is. I bought this after reading really good reviews on it but it seriously doesn't seem to do anything for my skin at all and definitely doesn't improve the way my foundation goes on. I find the feel of it almost unpleasant on my skin as it makes your skin feel almost too smooth, like you know something is sitting on top of your skin to make it feel that way although I didnt find that it smoothed out fine lines on my skin at all. I also hate the way you have to dig your nails in to get the product out when its getting near the end its really unhygenic. There are way better primers out there so I wouldn't waste your money on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after hearing people rave about it .. I honestly dont know why anyone would rave about thisproduct . It did Nothing ! It didnt smooth anything for me and made my oily skin worse and i can honestly say it made my Make up look worse not better. Big No no to this product esp for any Oily girls.