July 25, 2014 | 1585 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage in this tinted moisturizer is prob one of the best that I have ever tried, but it made my skin feel really heavy, greasy and I could definitely feel it on my face. I guess if you use a really small amount it should be fine, but for me, I used a little over a dime size and it was very heavy. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I wasn't very impressed with this after hearing such great amazing things. I personally think oh could find a better tinted moisturizer at the drugstore. Even cover girls skin smooths tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product for people who have nice skin without makeup! This just adds a dewy finish and evens skin tone. Every time I wear this people says girl you are glowing! beware if you have bad skin with acne scars big bumps and scars this will not help you! You will hate it! This is a light to medium Coverage only and it serves that purpose very well! I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lilme1301

When I was first introduced to this product, I was ecstatic. I applied it daily, seeing as it's oil-free, I assumed I could wear it without my face suffering any consequences. WRONG. This product, along with many of the Laura Mercier products contains bismuth, which causes my skin to break out terribly. I had to return this product along with the powder they offer. If you have acne-prone sensitive skin, I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCakex2

This is a great little product. I have to admit that the first time I tried it a few years ago, I did not like it. I felt that it was streaky, greasy, and orange. As my skin is different because of BCP and a new climate, I decided to give it another go. I purchased this in "Nude" and it matches my fair-medium, warm complexion very well. It blends well and sticks to my skin well. Doesn't transfer and feels lightweight on the skin. I DO use a primer (BE Primetime) with it and it makes a world of difference. It stays longer and my skin doesn't eat it. The best thing about this? It has changed my skin for the better. My skin is oily, but very dehydrated. Whenever I take off my makeup at night, my skin glows and looks refreshed. It is quite expensive, but it is worth the repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would not repurchase this TM because I don't like the coverage of a TM. It wears off on me pretty quickly and for the price, I would purchase foundation for sure because it makes me look better and more flawless than this TM. It's not bad but i just don't think that it does enough for my skin for the price. It has spf but i wear spf underneath all my makeup regardless. It's oil free and didn't break me out. I just think that this TM is too $$$$ for the purpose that it served for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily /acne-prone skin but prefer not to look like I'm wearing makeup, so tinted moisturizers are a great alternative for me.

I've been alternating between the LM oil-free foundations and LM oil-free TM for about 2 years.

The good:
Very light coverage. I like this because it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation and I can apply powder on top if I want a bit more coverage.
Goes on easily. Pretty goof-proof, especially since it blends quite well. Depending on my mood, I'll apply with fingers, foundation brush, or a makep sponge. All work fine.
Doesn't cause me to breakout. Yea!
SPF!

The bad:
Although it's oil-free, it's not oil-control or mattifying. Especially when my skin is oilier or on hot days, I find my skin can look quite slick, immediately after application or within a few hours.
Oxidation / color too dark. I have been color-matched for this product at least 5 times. They always match me to the same color and it looks great in the store. But within a few hours it looks darker and a bit orange. Even when I tell the SA this, they say they can only match to my skin while I'm in the store. One time I bought one color lighter and it looked even worse.

In all, it's okay. Not an HG, but it's good enough that I haven't been actively looking for a replacement an ive gone through probably 4 tubes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

I thought the oil free version would be safe for my combination skin. Instead it felt heavy and greasy. It also made me break out with cystic acne- which I never get. Worst tinted moisturizer ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used LM products before and I've always been underwhelmed. I got a sample of oil-free primer and oil-free TM from Sephora. When I tried it on, I couldn not wait to take it off. It felt very greasy, heavy, and mask-like. I also have had problems with all LM foundations oxidizing and turning orange-y on me. Glad for samples, because I will not be purchasing this! Still loving the MUFE HD foundation, BB touch up stick, and Clinque loose powder. It's really the best combo for my skin. I don't think I'll be straying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd buy this again, but I don't really have a need for it. I use the shade Bisque, I am NC 25/30. It's actually pretty thick for being a tinted moisturizer, but that means it is great for layering. I have had somewhat varying experiences with this, some days it lasts all day, and some days it melts off by the 3rd hour. I don't know if it depends on how active I've been that day, or what the deal is but sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't. I feel like it's too thick to wear on a "no makeup makeup day" but it is a nice alternative to foundation when I feel like a bit more of a fresh look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice tinted moisturizer that blends extremely well with my skin. I have it in the color Nude which is a bit dark for my NW15 skin but I wear it in the summer when I'm self tanning and it matches pretty well. My only complaint is that it gives an extremely dewy look on me. I always use powder to set it but in a few hours my t-zone looks oily again so I have to blot more than I like throughout the day. I prefer the NARS Radiant TM to this one because it doesn't make me look oily.