GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 1/10/2010 9:37:00 PM

I love the velvet touch formula. It's very smooth and creamy and well-pigmented. It has pretty good lasting power except I find some of the colors do smudge on oily eyelids. The color selection is the best I've seen so far in any cosmetic line. Amazing blues and greens. It is definitely good quality, especially for the price. I am quite impressed. Up there with the Chanel Stylo-Yeux Waterproof eyeliners and the 24/7 Urban Decays.

I have this in ice blue (a matte icy baby blue) and blueberry ice (a shimmery icy lavender).

I love these. I have too many to list them, but I love them all. Everyone I own is waterproof, but I am pretty sure this line is only waterproof? I could be lying.
Long lasting, beautiful colours, some with shimmer, some without.
Only around $10cdn for amazing quality, and these go on sale at shoppers so often (between 40%-10% off almost every second weekend, sometimes bogo!).
The only reason I took one lippie off is because I find them a little difficult to sharpen. I have swapped sharpeners but I still find them a wee bit of a pain (wood breaks, or liner breaks, can never get a 'sharp' edge). A bit of a hassle but not enough to deter me from purchasing.
This brand is quickly becoming one of my favourites.

on 12/23/2009 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I accidently stumbled upon these at the store. I never used anything GOSH before but the vibrant colors of the velvet touch eyeliners made me swatch them on my hand.
As I already have a lot of liners I choose to buy only ' Hypnotic grey' because I had been looking for a grey pencil. I LOVE IT ! They remind me a lot of MAC pearlglides because the glide on in the same easy way. I love how that makes it so easy to apply. The huge range of colors is nice, but not really necessary for me. I will buy a dark green one though. Since I have more acces to GOSH than MAC this might become my HG liner !

on 12/18/2009 12:47:00 AM

My prayers were answered when I found this product. This is the only eyeliner I've been using for the past 2 years. It is a reasonable price, it is waterproof, it is sooooo creamy, it doesn't smudge, and overall it is so easy to apply. This is the EXACT SAME THING as Urban Decay eyeliners, except you pay about half the price. Don't waste your money on Urban Decay!!!! GOSH is amazing

on 12/16/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very nice and much more reasonably priced for products of equal quality. Long lasting and great color.

on 12/12/2009 10:40:00 AM

These liners are great. They have great staying power and the colour range is amazing (where else have you ever seen yellow or red eyeliner?). What I really like is how easily they glide on - you don't need any pressure or force (which is how it should be around your eyes in my opinion!). I have 5 colours - Green Devil, Bananas, Golden Globe, Copper Girl and Woodsy Green, and will definitely buy more. They are not exactly cheap but on sale the price is better, and they are definitely worth it. Also, they last forever.

on 12/9/2009 10:11:00 AM

I got this eyeliner in black during a 1+1 free sale, so I loved the price! The eyeliner goes on very smoothly, and it was easy to draw a thin line, which I find difficult with very soft eyeliners. The colour is a true dark black. I put it on around 3pm and it was still looking fresh at 12pm, so the staying power is excellent! I'd buy this product again(perhaps to try out the other colours, because there is a lot of product in there!)

on 11/25/2009 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased this product in black and really liked it. It is very easy to apply and goes on dark and smooth. It’s very resistant as well and can be worn for long periods. I have used other Gosh products and find them comparable to some MAC items.

In any case, this review is intended for the Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Purple Stain. Based on the reviews, my experience is obviously an anomaly and that's why I am rating it as high as I am. After wearing it for about 4 hours, I started to have an allergic reaction. After about 8 hours, my eyelids were swollen and itchy and my eyes were so bloodshot, it gave a lot of people the wrong impression… you know what I’m sayin'… Days later, I tried it again just to be sure and sure enough… Same symptoms, only worse, and the skin on my eyelids began to crack and flake… Gross. I have never experienced an allergic reaction to any beauty product. This was a first. So yeah…Beware if you have sensitive eyes!

You know what though… My pain and suffering was not all that bad. Gosh Cosmetics does NOT test on animals, and I am a huge supporter of that.

on 11/24/2009 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I currently own 2 of these and plan to purchase more!
'Purple Stain' looks lovely but doesn't seem as pigmented or easy to apply as 'Woody Green', perhaps because Purple Stain is more metallic.

I have oily lids so line my upper lash liner with a Gel Liner and wear the Velvet Touch liner just below my waterline (not on the actual waterline per GOSH's website advice as referenced by other MUA ladies). To my surprise, the liner does last all day (8am til 10pm)!! Sure, the colour may not look 'perfect' at the end of the day, however it is by far the BEST I have come across to date.

For my waterline I have tried MAC powerpoint, MAC Khol, Stila Kajal, UD 24/7, Prestige waterproof and Intense liners. On myself, MAC's liners don't last at all, Stila and UD last for a few hours and with Prestige's liners I may touch up once during the day.

Before discovering the Velvet touch liners (secretly stocked in a boutique store in my city), my pencil of choice for waterline was Chanel's waterproof. I have now stopped using this because the Gosh liner is creamier and colour pay-off with staying power is so much better!

I highly recommend these liners - they are reasonably priced, soft to apply, the colours are amazing and most importantly they are long lasting.

(The only reason I took off a lippy is because they aren't easy to find in Australia!)

on 11/21/2009 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I saw this in a brilliant blue on a friend when we went to the water park on a rainy day, and was amazed at how vibrant it looked and how it didn't budge at all. I waited for it to go on sale and got it in a basic black. I've worn it once just on a normal day out and haven't dared to try it again because it smudged and made me look tired!

Top Rated GOSH Products