April 20, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by arahen

I got this eyeliner in black during a 1+1 free sale, so I loved the price! The eyeliner goes on very smoothly, and it was easy to draw a thin line, which I find difficult with very soft eyeliners. The colour is a true dark black. I put it on around 3pm and it was still looking fresh at 12pm, so the staying power is excellent! I'd buy this product again(perhaps to try out the other colours, because there is a lot of product in there!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Sonjala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in black and really liked it. It is very easy to apply and goes on dark and smooth. It’s very resistant as well and can be worn for long periods. I have used other Gosh products and find them comparable to some MAC items.

In any case, this review is intended for the Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Purple Stain. Based on the reviews, my experience is obviously an anomaly and that's why I am rating it as high as I am. After wearing it for about 4 hours, I started to have an allergic reaction. After about 8 hours, my eyelids were swollen and itchy and my eyes were so bloodshot, it gave a lot of people the wrong impression… you know what I’m sayin'… Days later, I tried it again just to be sure and sure enough… Same symptoms, only worse, and the skin on my eyelids began to crack and flake… Gross. I have never experienced an allergic reaction to any beauty product. This was a first. So yeah…Beware if you have sensitive eyes!

You know what though… My pain and suffering was not all that bad. Gosh Cosmetics does NOT test on animals, and I am a huge supporter of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by melodyt311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I currently own 2 of these and plan to purchase more!
'Purple Stain' looks lovely but doesn't seem as pigmented or easy to apply as 'Woody Green', perhaps because Purple Stain is more metallic.

I have oily lids so line my upper lash liner with a Gel Liner and wear the Velvet Touch liner just below my waterline (not on the actual waterline per GOSH's website advice as referenced by other MUA ladies). To my surprise, the liner does last all day (8am til 10pm)!! Sure, the colour may not look 'perfect' at the end of the day, however it is by far the BEST I have come across to date.

For my waterline I have tried MAC powerpoint, MAC Khol, Stila Kajal, UD 24/7, Prestige waterproof and Intense liners. On myself, MAC's liners don't last at all, Stila and UD last for a few hours and with Prestige's liners I may touch up once during the day.

Before discovering the Velvet touch liners (secretly stocked in a boutique store in my city), my pencil of choice for waterline was Chanel's waterproof. I have now stopped using this because the Gosh liner is creamier and colour pay-off with staying power is so much better!

I highly recommend these liners - they are reasonably priced, soft to apply, the colours are amazing and most importantly they are long lasting.

(The only reason I took off a lippy is because they aren't easy to find in Australia!)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by shaniah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this in a brilliant blue on a friend when we went to the water park on a rainy day, and was amazed at how vibrant it looked and how it didn't budge at all. I waited for it to go on sale and got it in a basic black. I've worn it once just on a normal day out and haven't dared to try it again because it smudged and made me look tired!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by roodswing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is perfection in a pencil! Until I discovered GOSH Velvet Touch liners I was a devout MAC fluidline user, but a friend recommended I try these and I am so glad I did! They wear almost exactly like my beloved fluidline - soft and creamy on application, you have some time to smudge/blend as you see fit but after a few minutes it SETS. No smearing or smudging even on my oily skin. If anything I would say that these "set" much faster than fluidline, and (for me) it is easier to apply these lightly via pencil than it is (for me) via brush. I usually end up wearing fluidline a little on the heavy side. Other than that I have no problem applying fluidline, but it sure is nice to have a pencil and not have that one more brush to wash each day. (OK, OK so I'm LAZY!)

I have used two colors so far:

Truly Brown - this is a dark brown, leaning towards black. Just slightly darker than MAC Dipdown fluidline.

Bananas - OMG instant love! This is a pale iridescent gold color that gives a lovely POP to the eyes. I would not use this for my upper lash line as I prefer darker eyeliner there, but this is lovely for inner corners or lower waterline/lash line. I have a current obsession with Smashbox Oyster and NYX Barely There eye shadows and this pencil is pretty much the eyeliner version of those eye shadows. My eyes are on the green side of hazel and adore these pale golds, and at my recommendation my BFF with blue eyes also tried this liner and loves it as well.

GOSH Velvet Touch liners are available at SDM and retail for $13 each. Well worth that price, but the best part is they have SALES! (Take THAT MAC!). GOSH just recently had a two day 40% off sale at SDM and I picked up these liners for $7.80 each.

I dare you to find a comparable eyeliner for that price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by missemilina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely adore this eyeliner. I've repurchased 'Hypnotic grey' three times now (only because I've lost the other two... they last for ages!) without even trying to find a new brand, because it's such a brilliant eyeliner. Really creamy and soft in texture so goes on like a dream, but also stays put (surprisingly, as due to its texture you'd think otherwise) all day.

Lasts all day without any smudging on my lash line, and while it needs a few touch ups on my waterline it still stays put. Unlike other eye liners I've used in the past it doesn't tend to bleed, but smudges (in a nice way!) only very slightly when put on my waterline which makes my eyes look all smokey and ahhhh! Would definitely recommend hypnotic grey as opposed to the absolute black, just SLIGHTLY less intense but still makes your eyes look incredibly defined.

It IS quite expensive but so so worth the price. Definitely buying my fourth as soon as this one runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these eyeliners! There are a billion colours to choose from, and they really are waterproof and do not crease at all throughout the day.
The best thing about thse eyeliners are that they are multi-purpose. They can be used as a coloured shadow base, or even as a lipliner. Would repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the best drugstore liners i have ever used, goes on smooth like a dream, and the intensity of colour is great, and lasts long on my waterline. Will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lizziek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the look out for a great purple eyeliner to use on my waterline. This isn't it, but it's lovely anyway! I was really impressed with the intensity of the colour and the staying power. It may disappear on my waterline, but on my lash line it will last all day and into the night with a primer. In fact, it's so good that sometimes it can be a little bit difficult to get off gently. It isn't the cheapest eyeliner, but for a special colour it's not too bad, and despite being very soft, it hasn't worn away quickly at all. I think I've only had to sharpen it three times in two months. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by EmmaDazzle

I love them. The colours, texture, staying power and price are amazing. I think I like them better then M.A.C Technicolors.... I cant believe I have just written that!

They are really pigmented and the apply really smooth and soft with hardly any effort. Unlike some DS eyeliners they look expensive on the eye and I really recommend that everyone gives them a go!!!

Go on treat yourself.... I'm going to get more!