April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I never use sunscreen because I've never found one that protects without leaving my face greasy or whitish. What's more, I have an acne-prone skin, so I like to put as little products on my face whenever possible.

I love this product though. I apply it after toner, either alone (when I'm not working) or as a makeup base (when I'm working). I haven't experienced any balling up, it doesn't break me up, and it does not leave me with a pale white cast. What's more, it evens out my skin tone and even masks some blemishes slightly.

My routine is Clinelle cleanser, Clinelle toner, Clinique Super City Block SPF 40. The key to using the product is to apply and wait. Immediately upon application, the product looks slightly greasy, but give it a few minutes and it looks set and I am ready to go out. My face feels protected, it does not feel greasy in the hot and humid Southeast Asian weather, and it doesn't run off too.

When I need more makeup, my routine is Clinelle cleanser, Clinelle toner, Clinique Super City Block SPF 40, Laura Mercier Flawless Fix Pencil, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. My makeup looks wonderfully set, oil control is fantastic and I did not have to touch up throughout the day.

Remember, the key technique is to apply and wait!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received this as a gift with purchase last year. I still haven't finished the tube as I've used better.
Pros:
Oil-free, high SPF, helps powder set & last longer
Cons:
Felt greasy, Doesn't blend- left a pale tint on skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cbinteg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was in search of a sunscreen for the longest time and after reading reviews here on MUA I decided that I had to go out and try Clinique's Super City Block and I haven't looked back since. I love that it's spf 40 and I can use it when I'm on vacations where I will be spending lots of time on the beach and its great for summer too. The packaging is great because its a perfect size to fit in my bag if I needed to bring it along for reapplying later. The hint of color is great because it also acts like a makeup primer and allows my powder to stay on longer, but the only problem is when I tan a bit the color does look a little odd, as long as I put some powder over top it seems to hide it ok (which is why i took off one lippy). Overall I would definitely repurchase this again and I definitely have!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by michiritz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It makes my skin so oily and briliant.

You canīt wear a white cloth with it, because it makes everything dirty.
Terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Felicia99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ever since my teens I have been an outdoors person and my skin has been abused a lot. The "Clinique Super City Block" has been protect my skin when exposed under the sun. It does not look abused any more. The biggest difference has been the reduction of freckles on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I just didnt have a positive experience with this sunscreen. After hearing so many rave reviews, i got a sample from my local clinique counter, and was eager to try it. However, the texture was really ordinary and it also made my face look a weird colour. Only tried it once, removed it straight away and wouldnt look at it again. Disappointing product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nati777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! A thin layer does a lot. My t zone tends to get a little oily by the end of the day...but this product keeps it at bay. I use the nars sheer glow on top of this and together it works perfectly! My skin feels protected, hydrated, smooth, and it looks great! It's the perfect primer and sunblock for my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by annasova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible Sunblock. It did not irritate my sensitive skin but it "balls" up and makes my face look like its peeling. WOuld not buy again and do NOt recommend this to anyone. I have oily skin and it made my face look dry while at the same time at the end of the day it was an oily mess with the sunscreen balling up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

This does contain chemical ss actives, aswell as physicals. For me, this is not something I would buy again. It does tend to ball up and flake off if you apply too much. It also can be a tad drying (not all physical sunscreens have to dry your skin out!). I prefer Invisible Zinc to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by annaddme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product looks super oily even with powder over the top, straight away my skin was shiny. The only plus is how high the SPF is.
*UPDATE*
My skin type had changed and its now quite normal/dry, i use this on the weekend and its perfect. it evens out my skin tone and really calms down my skins redness. Perfect for summertime.