August 20, 2014 | 1938 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I have an oily T-zome and normal-dry cheeks and jaw so I have combination skin. I usually wear Mac's studio fix fluid/powder and Estee Lauders double wear. These foundations looks great, amazing coverage but are Liquid so I went for Bobbi Browns foundation stick.

I use Bobbi Browns concealer and corrector which is absolutely wonderful and I wanted a foundation with a similar consistency that would make my skin look smooth and silky. I apply this foundation directly on my skin after moisturising and a primer. Do not forget primer! Its a must with this foundation (actually with ALL foundations).

The oil in my skin breaks through all foundations except Estee Lauder (but its FULLLL coverage, and looks terrible in flash photography). Wearing the stick foundation I'm surprised at the oil control, dont get me wrong I do get shiny a bit but its not oily (and this is afte about 5hours). The foundation is very sheer and buildable. Makes your skin glow, look healthy and doesn't look like excessive makeup.

I set my foundation with MACS blot powder. The only drawbacks for me are, it looks a bit too yellow on me. I know Bobbi Brown is only yellow based but I had a similar problem at MAC too. I was an NC30 then moved to a NW22. Basically my skin is naturally so yellow, that by applying the pink toned foundation it neutralises the colour of my face and looked better (I have warm and cool understones -yes blue and green veins) .Bobbi brown has no pink undertones foundation however, I think i'm a extreme case of yellowness- no one in my family is the same so its really unlikely you'll have that problem. After wearing this foundation for 5hours I look a little darker or yellower, but blot powder fixes that up.

This foundation is great for everyday, or for a party/event. I hear is a popular celeb and bridal foundation. I would never wear this on a night out dancing as my skin would turn into an oily mess. To work or a shopping trip this foundation looks lovely.

I do think its quite expensive but I love the silky smoothness of it! Satin fresh feel makes me look healthy n glowing!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vassgirl1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive now been using this product for 1 year now. This time last year I had completely clear skin (ofcourse the odd pimple, I was 13!) and this foundation went on so smoothly, definitely gave me that flawless look - evened out my skin tone and covered my pimple marks (I applied it with the BB foundation brush). However before the summer of 2011 I broke out in acne all over my face and my skin increased in oilyness. Since then I have found that this foundation does not go on so smoothly and looks quite streaky.. in some cases cakey. It has also been falling into my fine lines and the creases under my eyes making it obvious that I am wearing makeup. Also, this stick makes your skin extremely oily throughout the day so I suggest if you do wear it, make sure you set it with a powder or spray! A little disappointed really as I did love this foundation and it made me look so flawless until before the summer :( Currently I use the BB oil free cream compact which is 10x better as it gives me that matte look but I also use this stick directly applied onto my scars from my beauty mark removal. Using it like this works prefectly for me! Just depends on what your skin type is although I can say it did not break me out at all :) If your combination skin this foundation is perfect for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lfw57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I only use spot foundation to cover my rosacea and under eye so this is perfect. I blends very well and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An incredibly versatile, travel-friendly product. I was initially doubtful because stick foundations can be very thick and difficult to blend, but this is one goes on sheer, blends well, and coverage can be built up. I should say I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to applying make-up, and a lazy klutz at that: I like products that are fool proof, user friendly and portable - and this one ticks all the boxes. It also doubles up as a light concealer and eye base; and doesn't require setting with powder - although doing so gives a lovely 'finished' look. I have this in Beige - which for me, is a good match.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Pingeree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I really like this stick. I wish the coverage was a bit fuller, but I love that it's oil-free and easy to apply. I use this as a concealer for my spots and scars and buff out with a brush. I have the lightest shade for my Caspar-toned pallor, and it stays put throughout the day very nicely. The price IS extremely high, but I'm not one to care if a product works well, which this does for me.

UPDATE - This eventually went back to Nordies, because it made my breakouts worse :-( I think it's still a great product for skin's without clogging issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE: I dont use it only as concealer anymore, I learnt to use it also as a foundation. I warm it up between fingers or on hands and tap it with fingers. It blends beautifully and creates very thin layer. Im not sure it would be good for oilier skins.

OLD REVIEW: I use it only as concealer. I bought it mostly to cover little spots or bigger red surprises, I think it would be too heavy as foundation.
I love the stick-form, I think is super useful and as I travel a lot I can't imagine carrying too many bottles etc.
My shade is 3 and is invisible on the skin. Overall I think its great corrector but not really foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is quite a good product, but not the way to go if you're looking for a good foundation I think. It's to heavy to aooly to your whole face, so I tend to use it more as a concealer and when I don't have time to apply normal foundation.
It does give good coverage and lasts almost all day as well. But for me it works better as a concealer. It is easy to take with you however, smart packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Cookie50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No sunscreen! And makes me miss MAC's stick foundation even more. Why oh why did they discontinue that? But anyway, the overall coverage of this is great, but not very kind to dry skins. My face is dry and flakey in the winter time and this stuff just emphasizes all of that. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looks awfull on my skin. I get dry skin in the winter time so i bought this one since i usually love bobbi brown and this was a foundation for dry skin. I usually like cream foundation and loved the whole stick idea. BUT i Hate this one on me. I dont think this is a good foundation for dry skin at all. It really made my skin look super dry and emphasized dry patches like carzy.The coverage was not that great either. And it looks really cakey.A big no for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I COULD NOT GET A PERFECT MATCH WITH THIS FOUNDATION; WARM NATURAL A LITTLE TOO LIGHT, HONEY WAS TOO PEACH, WARM HONEY A LITTLE TOO DARK. HOWEVER, I TRIED THE COLORS WARM NATURAL IN THE CENTER OF MY FACE AND WARM HONEY ON THE OUTER PART OF MY FACE, AND THE COLOR LOOKS GOOD. I JUST SWIPE THE FOUNDATION STICK ON AND BLEND WITH A DAMP SPONGE. SET WITH BEN NYE BANANA LOOSE POWDER AND I GET A FLAWLESS FINISH THAT LASTS ALL DAY AND NIGHT! THIS IS MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE SO I ONLY USE THIS WHEN I AM GOING OUT OR TAKING PHOTOS.

FOR EVERYDAY AT WORK AND ON WEEKENDS, I USE THE COLOR HONEY FOR MY DARK UNDEREYE DISCOLORATION (WORKS BETTER THAN THE BB CONCEALER, FOR ME) AND A DUSTING OF SHISEIDO'S STM PERFECT SMOOTHING POWDER FOUNDATION IN 060.