November 20, 2014 | 1992 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by amandaettlin

This product matched my yellow undertones perfectly. I loved everything about this foundation stick except for the fact that it made me break out horribly. It is quite expensive but completely worth it if it hadn't made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product really doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I particularly love it on mornings when I am in a rush (that's pretty much everyday!) and I need to quickly do my makeup. With just a few swipes of this stick and a sponge, I am able to quickly cover redness and uneven skin tone. I use the porcelain tone which is a perfect match for my skin. It's a great neutral (not too yellow or pink). Coverage is medium to full. I do not recommend this for the under eye area only because this stick foundation is rather firm and thick in consistency. Applying to the under eye area might involve too much blending and stress on the skin. But it's great for all other areas - cheeks, chin, and around the nose. If you are looking for a quick cover for your skin, I highly recommend this one. It would probably work best for all but the most oily, acne prone skin types.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had never really been a huge fan of Bobbi foundations because they never seemed to offer any coverage (more sheer than tinted moisturizer!) then I came across this and for some reason had to give it a try and WOW! Is all I can say,it offers really good yet natural looking coverage and the yellow tone really perks up my complexion,I don't even need concealer! It can feel a little waxy when applying but it is oil free and so far hasn't caused any skin issues for me. As a shade reference I am wearing Warm Ivory which is the perfect match for my fair colouring. This also looks amazing when set with MAC Prep & Prime Tranlucent Pressed Powder. Flawless skin in 5!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ilovepoms4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Cakey and horrible. I do not have good luck with bobbi brown foundations never purchasing from her line again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I have an oily T-zome and normal-dry cheeks and jaw so I have combination skin. I usually wear Mac's studio fix fluid/powder and Estee Lauders double wear. These foundations looks great, amazing coverage but are Liquid so I went for Bobbi Browns foundation stick.

I use Bobbi Browns concealer and corrector which is absolutely wonderful and I wanted a foundation with a similar consistency that would make my skin look smooth and silky. I apply this foundation directly on my skin after moisturising and a primer. Do not forget primer! Its a must with this foundation (actually with ALL foundations).

The oil in my skin breaks through all foundations except Estee Lauder (but its FULLLL coverage, and looks terrible in flash photography). Wearing the stick foundation I'm surprised at the oil control, dont get me wrong I do get shiny a bit but its not oily (and this is afte about 5hours). The foundation is very sheer and buildable. Makes your skin glow, look healthy and doesn't look like excessive makeup.

I set my foundation with MACS blot powder. The only drawbacks for me are, it looks a bit too yellow on me. I know Bobbi Brown is only yellow based but I had a similar problem at MAC too. I was an NC30 then moved to a NW22. Basically my skin is naturally so yellow, that by applying the pink toned foundation it neutralises the colour of my face and looked better (I have warm and cool understones -yes blue and green veins) .Bobbi brown has no pink undertones foundation however, I think i'm a extreme case of yellowness- no one in my family is the same so its really unlikely you'll have that problem. After wearing this foundation for 5hours I look a little darker or yellower, but blot powder fixes that up.

This foundation is great for everyday, or for a party/event. I hear is a popular celeb and bridal foundation. I would never wear this on a night out dancing as my skin would turn into an oily mess. To work or a shopping trip this foundation looks lovely.

I do think its quite expensive but I love the silky smoothness of it! Satin fresh feel makes me look healthy n glowing!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Vassgirl1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive now been using this product for 1 year now. This time last year I had completely clear skin (ofcourse the odd pimple, I was 13!) and this foundation went on so smoothly, definitely gave me that flawless look - evened out my skin tone and covered my pimple marks (I applied it with the BB foundation brush). However before the summer of 2011 I broke out in acne all over my face and my skin increased in oilyness. Since then I have found that this foundation does not go on so smoothly and looks quite streaky.. in some cases cakey. It has also been falling into my fine lines and the creases under my eyes making it obvious that I am wearing makeup. Also, this stick makes your skin extremely oily throughout the day so I suggest if you do wear it, make sure you set it with a powder or spray! A little disappointed really as I did love this foundation and it made me look so flawless until before the summer :( Currently I use the BB oil free cream compact which is 10x better as it gives me that matte look but I also use this stick directly applied onto my scars from my beauty mark removal. Using it like this works prefectly for me! Just depends on what your skin type is although I can say it did not break me out at all :) If your combination skin this foundation is perfect for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lfw57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I only use spot foundation to cover my rosacea and under eye so this is perfect. I blends very well and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An incredibly versatile, travel-friendly product. I was initially doubtful because stick foundations can be very thick and difficult to blend, but this is one goes on sheer, blends well, and coverage can be built up. I should say I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to applying make-up, and a lazy klutz at that: I like products that are fool proof, user friendly and portable - and this one ticks all the boxes. It also doubles up as a light concealer and eye base; and doesn't require setting with powder - although doing so gives a lovely 'finished' look. I have this in Beige - which for me, is a good match.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Pingeree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I really like this stick. I wish the coverage was a bit fuller, but I love that it's oil-free and easy to apply. I use this as a concealer for my spots and scars and buff out with a brush. I have the lightest shade for my Caspar-toned pallor, and it stays put throughout the day very nicely. The price IS extremely high, but I'm not one to care if a product works well, which this does for me.

UPDATE - This eventually went back to Nordies, because it made my breakouts worse :-( I think it's still a great product for skin's without clogging issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE: I dont use it only as concealer anymore, I learnt to use it also as a foundation. I warm it up between fingers or on hands and tap it with fingers. It blends beautifully and creates very thin layer. Im not sure it would be good for oilier skins.

OLD REVIEW: I use it only as concealer. I bought it mostly to cover little spots or bigger red surprises, I think it would be too heavy as foundation.
    I love the stick-form, I think is super useful and as I travel a lot I can't imagine carrying too many bottles etc.
    My shade is 3 and is invisible on the skin. Overall I think its great corrector but not really foundation.