Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 3/22/2011 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on sale for $2. My hair is dry, quite frizzy and needs something good to tame it. I put this in my hair towel-dried and comb it through, and then air dry for a few minutes before heat styling to give the conditioner time to set into the hair. While this doesn't vanish my frizz, my hair is definitely much softer and sleeker with it than without it. My hairstyle also seems to hold a bit better. It doesn't weigh my hair down which is my biggest complaint for leave-ins. For the price I'd say it's worth a try. I'm surprised I like it because I tried Fructis years ago and hated it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very fine and curly hair that frizzes very easily. I do find that this product helps with the frizz and adds a bit of moisture to my dry hair. I wouldn't list this as a HG product but it's suffice. I'll continue to use it until I find a better product that works for my hair.

on 1/21/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the hair that poofs up and out if you dont put product in.

with this, i dont have to apply any gel over it
this moisturizes with a good amount of hold
smells great

only works on damp hair, hair is softer afterward.
smells nice.
greasy, if too much is used or when used on dry hair.

on 9/1/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first tried this product, my hair felt wet, and as far as I know, it was a little bit drying. However, after about 20-30 minutes, my hair became a lot silkier than before. I got this for 2.99 which is very cheap for 300ml. I would definitely buy this again:))

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works good on my long hair. My ends are really dry, but the rest of my hair is silk and shiny. So this helps to even out between the two. However, its not the desired effect that I hope to have. I will be searching for another leave-in-conditioner that will hopefully have a better effect than this one. But it still does the job :)

on 8/19/2010 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is great for people with thicker hair. If your hair is too fine, it'll definitely weigh it down. This is also good for people with dry hair because it moisturizes my dry, coarse hair wonderfully. I love this product and the AMAZING scent. The only downside to this product is that it is exceedingly hard to wash off your hands. Next time, I'll probably try to find coconut milk/cream/etc for a more natural alternative.

on 8/9/2010 4:55:00 PM

I love garnier fructis products and love their sleek and shine line. But I find this product is not so great. I have really thick and voluminous hair and usually nothing weighs it down. This product weighed down my hair which almost never happens to me. I didn't really notice much of a difference to my hair quality except a little bit of more shine. The bottle will last a long time though.

on 8/9/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted to get a leave in kind of conditioner so I got this but it did absolutely nothing for my hair. Weighed my hair down, made it tangly, dry, unmanageable. Dont know if it is the cause of the recent flare up of my acne. Its cheap but might as well have gotten something else. If its done your hair any good keep using it. I will not be buying again. Instead I will try something else.

on 8/3/2010 2:54:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work, but sadly it didnt. What makes it even worse is that i actually liked the smell of it. I won't be buying again tho. It weighs my hair down and makes it sort of crusty/hard? Lol can't really find the word for it. But... I'm sure it'll work for others :P

Popular Styling Products