April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by hypnoticx3c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize now that this wasn't the type of product I was looking for, I was trying to find this "cuticle sealing" cream or something that this girl put on my hair after I got it trimmed (which I later found out was Matrix smoothing serum or something). Anyway, I got this because I thought it was the same thing. Even though it wasn't the same thing, I still didn't get any positive effects from this junk being in my hair. It seemed like the equivalent to putting some lotion in my hair... although lotion probably would have at least smoothed out fly-aways! I have no use for this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 6/19/10:
Ok, I figured out how to use this for my hair and have bumped it up to 5 lippies and would now repurchase it.

I normally have to be pretty heavy handed with products and use them on dry or mostly dry hair for them to have any effect at all.
This is different.

If I use this on damp hair, separate my hair into 3 sections, and use a pea sized dollop on each section - my hair is moisturized and slightly more defined without being gummy, sticky, or tacky. I also don't end up with film on my hands when I touch my hair. While I don't "love" the smell of this, the tiny amount I have to use to get a good effect means that you can hardly smell it in my hair = bonus.

Now I would repurchase and like it very much. :-D

Original review:
I've been re-trying Garnier products lately because I used to love them. I've recently re-tried this leave-in on my curly, baby-fine, untreated, biracial, little past shoulder length hair.

Pros:
*Cheap & easy to find
*Actually moisturizing
*Smells ok - fruity like apples & citrus
*Reduces frizz

Cons:
*Tacky and leaves my hair kinda dull and gummy
*The scent can be a little too sour at times
*Leaves a film on my hands every time I touch my hair

I would not repurchase because of the cons, but it's not a bad leave-in. Just not the best I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kare28bear

I received this with a shampoo I bought as a bonus. I used it a couple times when I was swimming all day and needed some detangling product to use afterwards. I use it on my daughter's hair, just a small amount, to detangle her long hair after she gets out of the shower or pool. I wouldn't use it on an everyday basis. Garnier products always smell so nice too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by painterspirit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished the Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream today, and decided to review it. This product is...okay, definitely didn't do anything for my frizz (which I don't think anything will, because my hair is naturally frizzy and coarse). On it's own, I don't think it's enough to condition my hair, but I had been mixing it with olive oil, which helps a lot. I don't feel it's worth it if I have to mix it with an oil, which can condition on it's own. It also didn't leave my hair very shiny. I had been applying this to wet and dry hair, and I think it's better if you apply it to wet hair, such as straight out of the shower. But now that I've finished it, I don't think that I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TN88ND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product was okay, until I got a sample of a higher end leave in conditioner. This stuff is not that great. Smells ok, but other than that it did little to hydrate my fine, dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nerdyyy

Some people would probably think that it leaves your hair feeling greasy, but I think that's because you either applied too much, or you applied it on dry hair. you are only suppose to applied a moderate amount, rub it on the palm of your hands and then apply it on damp hair. This product leaves your hair pretty soft. And the bottle comes with quite some product for only four dollars. It will definitely last you quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mrsrivera4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is another Garnier Fructis product that I swear by. I use this daily when I get out of the shower. It makes my hair incredibly soft once dried, and much easier to comb through. I use this in conjunction with the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum, and my hair has never air dried, or blow dried so nicely. And for around $3, it can't be beat. Also, I've been using the same container for a good three, almost four months now, so your $3 definitely goes along way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by becasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this product ! i had really damaged hair and i had been using infusium 23 leave-in stuff but it just didn'y cut it. i picked this stuff up on a whim and i love it ! my airs thick and curly and i color it and ive had a relaxer put in it a couple times(2 years ago) and this leave-in conditioner has just repaired my hair in an instant ! i put it in right after i get outta the shower and right before i get in the pool and it works great for me:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ahsila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is about $3 at Walmart (not bad) and I have bought it only once because it lasts SO LONG. This is VERY GOOD DEAL. You barely have to use any of it at all because it such a thick, concentrated consistency. I actually have to worry about using too much.

This makes my hair smooth and will not weigh it down unless I use too much. When I do use too much, it makes my hair incredibly STICKY! It's so gross I actually have to hop back in the shower and rinse my hair out! This has happened a few times and it's annoying when you're in a rush. I took away one lipstick for this reason.

My hair is straight and long. I use this when my hair is damp after a shower, and I feel like it protects my hair a little bit from blowdrying heat as well. Of course it is better when I air dry, but I get lazy. This combined with the amazing Fortifying Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioner does wonders for my hair (it is also great with other conditioners though). For me it does the same thing Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk does. The difference is that Smoothing Milk will not make my hair sticky, but Leave-in Conditioner has more product for the same price.

It smells good if you like the smell of Garnier Fructis hair products. I often get compliments on how my hair smells when I wear this! Also, my older sister, who does not like to compliment me, has commented a few time on how soft my hair has looked, and I had used this.

I like the packaging, but it can get a little messy when the product gets outside of the nozzle and it will dry there (like dried body lotion on the pump, ick). It's not so bad and doesn't do anything to the inside product though. The nozzle is like those Arrowhead water bottles that you pull up to drink, if you know what I'm talking about?

I would recommend this for anyone that has dry hair! Just be careful with how much you put on, or dilute it. And use it when your hair is damp.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This smells nice, but it weighs my hair down and makes it look greasy and gross like I haven't washed it in about a week.