December 17, 2014 | 1604 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect color, good coverage, but much too drying. The saving grace is that it makes a great primer for my very shiny eyelids.

The color name "Light Neutral" is a partial misnomer. This shade is light, but very yellow-toned.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Pecheresse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the first concealer I ever tried. Having super thin skin under the eyes which translates into dark blueish/purplish circles, a concealer is of utmost importance to me (as far as make up goes of course :)). This thinness also means that my skin there has this crępey, paper thin quality to it.

This concealer didn't impress me at all. No matter how much I would moisturise the skin around my eyes before hand, this product would crease like crazy, highlight my crępey skin and I would end up looking 15 years older. I tried applying with my fingers, with a brush, with a sponge, with or without a primer, with or without setting powder, the result was always the same.

Furthermore, I don't think this is a concealer that keeps very well. 8 or 10 months after I purchased it, the consistency went down the drain. As I would squeeze the tube to get some product out, a clear liquid would come out first.

I would not recommend this product for people prone to dark circles and very thin, translucent skin but I guess this would be an okay concealer for women for whom the under-eye is not really a problem area.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a concealer that works! I have tried "them all". Mineral concealers, the "famous" YSL-pen, something similar from Dior, and some drugstore coverstick. They all either cover too much (looks unnatural) or cover absolutelly nothing.

But Cliniques concealer actually covers my under eye circles just enough! And it looks natural even without a foundation over! Luckily I found my perfect match; 04 Medium Petal. At least until my summertan goes away :)

I apply it with Sigmas concealer brush and blend the edges well. You cannot see that I'm wearing concealer. Not even in bright daylight! I love it!

I also love that it does not contain parabens!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This would be good for someone who only needed to cover pimples, acne scars, etc NOT for someone looking for cover medium to heavy under eye circles, which is what I wanted it for. The color range is pretty awful; "light neutral" is too yellow for me, while "light petal" is far too pink and too dark. Even after trying to build up coverage this *still* didn't do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by midnightxdrive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this concealer because I've always been a fan of Clinique, but it just creases so easily even when i moisturize my undereyes before applying! The tube will last you a very long time so I guess that's a plus but I'd recommend others to buy something else like the revlon age defying moisturizing concealer. it doesn't cake and if it does, it's very slight compared to clinique all about eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been a good supporter of Clinique and at first this concealer isn't so bad. When just applied the coverage is great better than most concealers I've tried and the color is just right. But after some hours it wears off and becomes cakey and flaky whether I use lots of moisturizer before hand or whether or not I set it with powder. But setting it with powder definitely makes it worse.
So, I wouldn't recommend this concealer and sadly have to live with the loss because the store wouldn't take it back :/
Learn from me

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by pm3222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bought this concealer twice. I can't recall what color I got the first time, but the second time I got it in 03 Light Petal (it's the one I'm using now). I could tell right away after trying out the Light Petal that, even though I used up the whole first tube, I had been using the wrong color. Also, I don't use it anywhere else but under the eye area. It isn't meant to be an eye shadow base. It doesn't emphasize any lines on me or turn cakey. It just covers up whatever dark circles I might have. I also don't use a really expensive or thick eye cream underneath the concealer- just the Olay eye brightening cream. In any case, I'm giving it a thumbs up, but I'm interested in reading about the eye concealers that have gotten better ratings than Clinique's All About Eyes, since this has been my HG concealer for a very long time and I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont really have dark circles but what I do like about this is that it brightens and evens out my skin! Haven't tried it on blemishes yet, but I imagine it would work nicely because this is a nice formula and conceals well!

Edit****This is now my HG under eye concealer!!! It's pigmented, hides dark circles, brightens and I love the texture of this!! I will keep repurchasing this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

I've been using various Clinique products for years and haven't been disappointed except for this concealer! It was drying and looked cakey. It isn't crease-resistant either and doesn't last very long. I found myself having to re-apply every couple of hours and after a while it just looked gross. The only thing I liked about it is that its very creamy. Nonetheless, very disappointing and won't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointed in this product. The woman helping me at Clinique suggested that I'd give this a try to cover my acne scars. I don't like how I have to load a lot of product on each scar/blemish just to have it look cakey and somewhat gone. I'll most likely try something else soon.