April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad, but there's a lot better mascaras out there. The brush is great though and I still use it to comb my lashes after using some other mascara. I will avoid MF mascaras because the formula they're using isn't suitable for my eyes - it's quite ok to wear it, but nightmare to take off (irritates my eyes for hours). Won't buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pamhna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful mascara. The brush has some magic that separates your lashes nicely. The mascara stays on forever without smudging. Great for everyday use. I'm on my 3rd now and still in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by julia75

I have been using this mascara in black/brown for a while now and I think it´s great. It gives me a very natural everyday look, seperates the lashes, and dosn´t clump at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

My HG mascara its so much better than all the expensive ones doesnt clump at all and not too expensive!I sometimes have reactions to some mascara but not this one thankfully!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I enjoy this mascara...i didnt think i would as the rubbery brush put me off a bit but the mascara delivers! On my sparse, weak lashes it works wonders & turns my lashes into very long, individually defined black lashes. I have had no problem with smudging. This mascara really defines my eyes & somehow gives a very elegant effect to whatever makeup i am wearing!It gives length & definition, but no volume....but i dont want volume so im happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing the waterproof version of Masterpiece.

This is a really good mascara! The results are not dramatic, but I get a decent lengthening effect out of this and a little added volume, too.
What really stands out about it to me is how consistently good the results are - no clumping, ever, the smooth consistency makes it unusually buildable for me, and it really stays put. It's also very black and glossy, which I like, and as a top coat over a good lenghtening and volumizing lash base (I use Estée Lauder's) I can get some pretty spectacular results.

The brush picks up too much product, but I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't do that, and it's easy to scrape off enough. It's very waterproof and not entirely easy to get off, but that's a pro as well as a con.

Recommended, in short, this is a great budget mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by girlonfilm77

This is a really good day mascara, as it separetes, lengthens and adds volume, but doesn't have the 'wow' factor for night time wear to me. I got this as a gift, in the UK this has also come out as a dual end mascara, with one end a different mascara colour, which highlights the lashes, i got one in dark shimmery grey, but i dont use it much, just use the masterpiece mascara end. It is a great mascara for the price, i think, next to maybelline (and they are on makeupalleys product listing!) they are one of the best drugstore mascaras, and if in doubt i always buy max factor as I know they wont clump or smudge and always do what i want it to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by eightlives

Great for a natural look. It doesn't clump or make my eyelashes stick together. It lengthens and separates perfectly. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by emma_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation it lengthens and lifts lashes and makes them look fuller, the only thing was i found it dried out quicker than others ive tried but it did perfom better. I will be buying this product again and would recommend it to friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lesha

Lenghtens. Doesn't add volume. Hard to remove even with eye make up remover. The WORST thing about this mascara is it leaves black stringy goop in your eye! Right in the coners you have to remove it with a cue tip. I even had it under my bottom eye lids. Digusting. I hate this mascara.