MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 10/14/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do I have the same blush as everybody else? Mine is totally orange in the pan and has a slight gold glimmer. Applies a lovely soft flattering coral peach with a hint of shimmer but I don't get any pink at all. Nothing like Orgasm, as far as I am concerned... And TheBalm Hot Mama is way more pigmented, more shimmery and a touch pinker as well. Don't get me wrong, Springsheen is still a nice blush, it has its merits but I just don't see the comparisons there.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely stunning blush... but maybe not for me? The colour and the durability are wonderful, and I can see how it would be stunning on someone with perfect skin, but unfortunately the shimmer is hell for my acne-prone, oily and slightly scarred cheeks. I can only wear it when my skin is behaving decently, which means no spots and lots of powder to mattify. That said, when I do wear it, I remember why I haven't yet given it away. It's a very summery, springy coral-peach color, that is beautiful on pale skin.

on 9/14/2010 11:01:00 AM

PROS: Pretty coral (leaning to pink) color. MAC calls it "peach with pearl."

CONS: Too sparkly for me, personally. (It's similar to MAC's Melba, but tons of shimmer. It's like NARS' Deep Throat, but more pigmented and more shimmer.) I don't like how most of MAC's blushes are so hard to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you need to have something this pigmented, try Bobbi Brown for blendability. For sheer and buildable and much more blendable, try LORAC.

on 9/13/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely peach color with golden shimmer. It is VERY shimmery. It does have a similar color to NARS orgasm blush except with a lot more gold shimmer. I really like a lot of shimmer, I think it imparts a pretty (though unnatural) glow to my skin, which I really enjoy. This is my everyday blush now. I love it. It lasts all day, isn't streaky, and is pretty well pigmented.

I love love love this blush! It's my favourite and the only one I'll wear! I bought this blush because the SA at the MAC counter recommended it to me and I was kinda pressured into getting it. I thought I'd end up returning it but it's the prettiest blush ever! It's the only one I use! Like everyone else, I think it looks like Nars orgasm but it's way prettier! Orgasm has chunky glitter and you can actually see the glitter in it. Spring sheen has fine shimmers that when you tilt your face a certain direction, it's almost like a gold duochrome glow effect. It's amazing and so so unique! The color itself is like a peach/coral with warm undertones. It's not overly pigmented that you get a giant blotch of color where you first apply it, but it's pigmented enough that you don't have to build it up. It blends easily and you only have to use the smallest amount of product. Try this blush out! It looks so different on your face than it does swatched on your hand...perfect for my NC25 skin. Will repurchase but I want to try peachy keen first to see which is better.

on 9/6/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It shows quite a lot goldisch glitters! It's very shimmery so it's perfect for going out and it gives you a nice, shimmery neutral look on the cheeks! :)

on 8/18/2010 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really great! my new go to. easy to wear coral colour with just enough sparkle to shimmer without looking like a disco ball. enough pigment that you don't have to stand there all day building it up (ahem, NARS orgasm). very pretty and good for day or evening. goes on smoothly. less one lippie because i wish it lasted all day- it lasts for MOST of the day but not all day. recommended!

on 8/17/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't use this product everyday, but that's just because I'm more of a bronzer person. This blush is fantastic. It resembles Nars Orgasm, but less orange and less glittery, which is a good thing. It works on many skin tones. For instance, I'm NC44 and it blends perfectly into my skin, doesn't streak, and doesn't turn red like so many other pink toned blushes can. The gold shimmer is very low key, not too obvious at all. I usually apply this on top of my Victoria's Secret bronzer in Natural for a more flushed, pretty look. Overall, this is a wonderful buy if you want a sheer peachy pink blush with gold shimmer, and its not very expensive at all. Love it!

on 8/12/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wow is all I can say. I love the peach with gold "shimmer" not glitter, shimmer. On NC 20 skin this is amazinggg. Staple for me!

This is my first actual blush, and my first mac blush, I am quite pleased with it. I was going to get deep throat by nars but didn't like it as much as i thought, so i walked over to the mac counter and told the SA there that I wanted a natural looking peachy pink blush to brighten my face. He assured me that this blush is fairly sheer and that I can make it as natural or dramatic as i want, which is good for me being a PPP, and that the shimmer wasn't over the top or terribly noticable but instead would just add light to my face. It's the only other blush i have in my collection I have aside from a cheap body shop one and a mac beauty powder, and I'm very happy with it, great for everyday use!

Popular Blush Products