MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

At first when I swatched this on my wrist, I was less than impressed. It looked very peach, not pink. But on my face, it looks peach with a mild tone of pink in it! When light hits my face, it looks absolutely gorgeous! I get cheekbones and my blush looks natural! I wonder if peachykeen gives me the pink Im craving for. mmm... very impressed! The shimmer is not obvious at all. It somehow melts with your skin coloring. No glitter as far as I can see. I'm so happy I didnt break out from this given my less than wonderful experience with MAC foundations before. People kept on commenting on how radiant my face looked and since the blush was soooo natural, they just said I had such nice skin! lol. of course i was wearing my usual bb cream and palgantong combination, but with this blush on me... my make up looks simply fab!

i thought there was something odd with the way the blush applied as i dont seem to get much shimmer. I've found the culprit! it's because of ecotools that I can somehow "build" on the pigment of the blush. when i use other brushes, the shimmer is overpowering so lesson learned: you need a good blush brush for this one!

I cant seem to stop adding more details about this blush. The shimmers, when hit by the sunlight- are neither silvery nor gold, but they look like a burst of multiple hued golden shimmers. absolutely gorgeous! They only look obvious when you squint really hard when the sun is on your face, but otherwise, your face really glows! I mean glows nicely! Even in dark- lit photographs, the shimmer does NOT look like shine.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC Blush.
My skintone is NC20, and this blush is perfect for natural every day wear, since it's buildable, but not too sheer.

I love the shimmer. It's not glitter, but more like highlighter&blush in 1 item. It's not overly noticeable, but it is easier to apply than matte blushes, since it glides on the skin

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my first Mac blush. I just got this yesterday. I was really excited about getting this as I read soooo many good reviews on it.

The colour on my cheeks is really peachy/corally with lots of gold shimmer (perhaps I should try using less product next time :)).

I really really like how this looks on my cheeks, it gives me a warm flush which is great for my medium/tan skin tone.

I do find that the shimmer accentuates any skin problems you may have. My skin is usually clear but I find that I need use a foundation before using this.

Would buy this again.

Edit: the staying power of this blush isn't that great. It seems to wear off after about 4 to 5 hours which is disappointing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do I have the same blush as everybody else? Mine is totally orange in the pan and has a slight gold glimmer. Applies a lovely soft flattering coral peach with a hint of shimmer but I don't get any pink at all. Nothing like Orgasm, as far as I am concerned... And TheBalm Hot Mama is way more pigmented, more shimmery and a touch pinker as well. Don't get me wrong, Springsheen is still a nice blush, it has its merits but I just don't see the comparisons there.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely stunning blush... but maybe not for me? The colour and the durability are wonderful, and I can see how it would be stunning on someone with perfect skin, but unfortunately the shimmer is hell for my acne-prone, oily and slightly scarred cheeks. I can only wear it when my skin is behaving decently, which means no spots and lots of powder to mattify. That said, when I do wear it, I remember why I haven't yet given it away. It's a very summery, springy coral-peach color, that is beautiful on pale skin.

PROS: Pretty coral (leaning to pink) color. MAC calls it "peach with pearl."

CONS: Too sparkly for me, personally. (It's similar to MAC's Melba, but tons of shimmer. It's like NARS' Deep Throat, but more pigmented and more shimmer.) I don't like how most of MAC's blushes are so hard to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you need to have something this pigmented, try Bobbi Brown for blendability. For sheer and buildable and much more blendable, try LORAC.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely peach color with golden shimmer. It is VERY shimmery. It does have a similar color to NARS orgasm blush except with a lot more gold shimmer. I really like a lot of shimmer, I think it imparts a pretty (though unnatural) glow to my skin, which I really enjoy. This is my everyday blush now. I love it. It lasts all day, isn't streaky, and is pretty well pigmented.

I love love love this blush! It's my favourite and the only one I'll wear! I bought this blush because the SA at the MAC counter recommended it to me and I was kinda pressured into getting it. I thought I'd end up returning it but it's the prettiest blush ever! It's the only one I use! Like everyone else, I think it looks like Nars orgasm but it's way prettier! Orgasm has chunky glitter and you can actually see the glitter in it. Spring sheen has fine shimmers that when you tilt your face a certain direction, it's almost like a gold duochrome glow effect. It's amazing and so so unique! The color itself is like a peach/coral with warm undertones. It's not overly pigmented that you get a giant blotch of color where you first apply it, but it's pigmented enough that you don't have to build it up. It blends easily and you only have to use the smallest amount of product. Try this blush out! It looks so different on your face than it does swatched on your hand...perfect for my NC25 skin. Will repurchase but I want to try peachy keen first to see which is better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! It shows quite a lot goldisch glitters! It's very shimmery so it's perfect for going out and it gives you a nice, shimmery neutral look on the cheeks! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really great! my new go to. easy to wear coral colour with just enough sparkle to shimmer without looking like a disco ball. enough pigment that you don't have to stand there all day building it up (ahem, NARS orgasm). very pretty and good for day or evening. goes on smoothly. less one lippie because i wish it lasted all day- it lasts for MOST of the day but not all day. recommended!

Top Rated MAC Products