July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 2:51:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for years. Matches my skin perfectly and keeps me shine free without overdrying my skin. Patted on with a circular sponge gives me a porcelain finish, dusted on with a face brush gives me a natural, slightly dewish finish. Oh, and this product lasts. I only need to replace it once every 1.5 to 2 years, with it costing only $10--a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by naynay787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as a finishing powder to lock in my liquid foundation. I have pretty dry skin, so usually using any powder makes me look cakey but not this stuff! I shake a *tiny* bit into the lid, swirl my powder brush in it, dab off the excess on my hand and then apply in big downward strokes. Even the tiniest amount works well for me. I've had this stuff for like a year and even with daily use, the jar is still half full. The only thing I didn't like is the sifter top, it makes for a pretty messy application so I took it off. I also threw out the puff that comes with it. It applies much better with a good brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Beautyproductjunkie

A true drugstore gem, though not always carried by all stores, I contacted L'oreal and it is NOT being discontinued, thank goodness. I use this in the Translucent shade, which suits me fine whether or not I self-tan or not. It goes on almost invisible, and finishes my makeup like a soft-focus lens. Dreamy. Doesn't feel like I have powder on, even if I was heavy-handed with application. Like the screw-on type top, so there isn't a powder explosion in my makeup bag. It does have a sweet scent, but it immediately goes away after I apply, don't mind it at all. No breakouts! Wish I discovered this sooner, I've been using almost a year, and it's almost empty. It's a pain to find, so next time I find it, I am gonna buy 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 3:26:00 AM More reviews by shonasky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was very silky and smooth as I applied it, but as the day goes on you have to do more touchups. It has a very sheer finish but just eneough coverage you are comfortable, the non cakey feel is great too! The container does release to much powder from the holes and sometimes I spill some on the floor, but for the outcome, it is worth it. A brilliant product.
    Shona♥ continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Happy_go_lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this powder free when I recently bought True Match foundation. This is a lovely loose powder. It's nice and light and doesn't have the cakey or heavily powdered finish that some powders produce. Apparently it has shimmer in it but I can't see it (unlike Clinique Gentle Light). I apply with a powder brush and lightly sweep over my face until I feel the moistness of the foundation disappear.
    I think loose powder is one of those items that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a great product and this is one of those products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is inexpensive, silky, and perfectly sheer. It's an excellent drugstore find and I see no reason to buy a more expensive department store brand over this. The only ways that this could be improved for me if the formula were vegan and there were options for darker skin tones. Thankfully it's rumored that L'Oreal will cease animal testing now that they are going to buy the Body Shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by SuzieV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great! Perfect shade, coverage, and texture. I love that it gives my face a slight glow without being shiny or sparkly. Reminds me of Sonia Kashuk loose powder but you get more for less $. This is definitely a great powder, better than most. I hope this is not being discontinued!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by MedicJen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite loose powder that I've purchased. It's light, and it gives a soft glow. It does wonders for me when I don't have time to put on much makeup and just need a little bit of powder. Evens things right out.

I'm going to buy another jar tommorrow because after about a year, I've finally run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:10:00 AM More reviews by i_luv_cheesecake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe L'oreal doesn't do good foundation and powder. This loose powder is not as great as it claims in reviews nor is it the most fantastic / value for money powder.

Coverage is very minimal and tone too yellow based. Despite the range of colours, I personally find it very hard to find a suitable colour. Chose light beige but unlike most loose powder and to my complete dismay, it makes me look sullen and yellowish!

Moreover this isn't exactly a cheap drugstore brand. $25.90 from Watsons. Packaging is ok but the powder puff is silly as I had to dig my fingers in to get the puff out. Would not repurchase or consider anything from this particular L'oreal range. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by johansenshawna

Wow. This powder really surprised me. Gives me a beautiful polished look without looking overly made-up. There is a slight amount of shimmer in this powder that may bother some. Great powder, great price. My two complaints:

1.) It's difficult to find which makes me worry that it will be discontinued.

2.) It has fragrance