New York Color Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/25/2009 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

There were a lot of great reviews for this product so I decided to give it a try, especially because I have been very curious about mosaic products and wanted to try something on the lower end of the price scale to see what all the hubbub was about. Overall, this product isn't bad. My main qualm is that the color payoff isn't great (I don't even have very dark skin!). I feel like I have to keep brushing it on to build up the color to the point where I even look slightly flushed, and all the while my brain keeps screaming, "OH MY GOD, STOP IT! YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!" but it does take a lot of product to show up on my skin. I do naturally blush a very vibrant pink shade so perhaps this pink is a little too light for my skin tone. I'm also not a fan of the consistency of the product - it feels very chalky. The packaging is just a nightmare if you want to travel with this product - the lid isn't attached to the base by any mechanism. Overall, I think I may use this blush during the winter when my skin lightens a little; it may show up better. I wouldn't buy this product again because there are better drugstore blushes with better color payoff for about the same price.

on 9/21/2009 8:40:00 PM

I used this blush for much of the summer and was very happy with it. The color is great. One day I dropped it and it all broke apart.

on 9/19/2009 5:01:00 PM

I like this but it broke very easily. i droped it once and half broke i was so sad cuz i love this but i still use it!

on 8/25/2009 12:51:00 AM

This is a very good blush, especially for the price. The whole pan will last you more than a year. It gives a subtle glow to my cheek but please be aware that this will only work for fair/pale skin. The blush product does not come off compared to the other NYC blush and just with one swipe, the brush can give you a beautiful colour. Give this blush a go. It's definetly worth the price.

on 7/21/2009 11:57:00 AM

After reading the reviews here, I thought that I would give a try. It's a pretty additions to my blush collections. Not that I have a lot. :-) It gives me a nice glow since I use very little without giving me that "fake" blush look. I have combo skin so I do have to reapply after 2-3 hours but I don't mind. It gives me a nice break to reapply my lipstick and just go a little "maintenace". :-) Unfortunately, the cover is very loose and not meant to be carried in your purse. So, I taped the lid to the base, just a small part, and added a rubber band. A bit lame but it does the trick. I won't repurchase because of that and will try other "wheel" blushes once this one runs out but from the look of it, that may be for a while...

on 7/6/2009 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm all about the natural look, and this product gives a nice, natural flush. But it's*buildable*! you can keep it natural with one application or go on to add more product, without looking like a china doll. It also has a minimal amount of shimmer in it to brighten up your face. Yet, it seems to take away shine, a major plus for my oily complexion.
It does tend to wear off, but i apply a face powder onto my cheeks before applying this blush, and it lasts longer.
I love the packaging, but i would have liked a mirror in it. No big deal though, the product itself is just great.

on 6/18/2009 3:43:00 PM

It's huge, and cutely packaged. Light pink, and applies with a pretty wash of color. Lasts at least 3-4 hours, but I never watch to see exactly how long it lasts. I got this on a BOGO sale, so only $2.50. Whoo!
However...
The lid is hard to get on and off. The blush has excess powder remaining in the container with every application, which clots on the kabuki brush and is hard to tap off.
It'll last me a while (I'm thinking...one year, two?) but after that, I'll look elsewhere.

on 6/15/2009 1:15:00 AM

I LOVE this blush! I only gave it four lippies because of the poor packaging quality. Other than that, this is a great product. It gave my face a healthy, pink glow. The color fades a bit because of my oily skin but reapplying is easy so I don't mind.
I did not break out from this so far which is another plus.

on 6/14/2009 11:41:00 AM

it looks soo pigmented in the packaging but i found it to be extremelly light when i put it on my cheeks and im like almost ghostly white,i could hardly tell the difference.The packaging is very umm cheap looking but hey it was cheap at AUS $5.00 dollars how can you complain.But unfortunately this one is just not for me

on 6/9/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I paid under Cad$5 for this, a bit too light as a blush for my NC 35 skin (summer), but its great as an all-over brightening powder. On days I looked so drab & hepatitis like (you know what I mean), rather than over-drawn with liquid foundation, I just go easy on the foundation & topped with this. The over-sized compact makes it easy to swirl around with a brush, no mirror, no problem. The powder appeared matte to me, no shimmer/glimmer. I will be going back to check on other colours.

Top Rated New York Color Products