October 1, 2014 | 1691 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lillybunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister was in need of new foundation, so I helped her pick out some and we got the physician's formula foundation. In the package, it is a nice color but when I tried using it my skin turned orange! When building on the color you have to be careful or you will end up with orange skin, especially if you have oily "T-zone" skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Translucent Medium. For a setting powder for my foundation. It is very light for being a medium. Its an alright finishing powder, isn't amazing, but it isn't horrible. It does seem to lighten my foundation, but it does give it this sheen look. Almost pearlized finish , which makes it seem a lot less cakey in comparison to some other powders. This does allow my makeup to crease. If the shade was truer to a medium and it didn't let my makeup crease I would have been perfect, but alas its not. (My Ben Nye translucent powder prevents all creasing and works a lot better then this one. It does however make me look a little powdery which mineral wear doesn't do. However, since it changes the shade a bit and causes it to crease, its a no go.)(I am not that dark myself. Natural Beige in Loreal.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I'm sad that this didn't work out for me, as I've read so many reviews on MUA where people with my type of skin love it!! My skin is combination, acne-prone, and highly sensitive. Hence I did my research and found that this mineral powder was good for sensitive skin like mine. I've used zinc oxide sunscreens before with success, so I was sure that I would love this powder. In fact, I did in the begining. However, I've been using this for three days and my face has already lost its luminous smooth surface! I had a strict regimen where I alternate BHA, Retin-A, AHA at night with usage of sun protection and antioxidants during daytime, and this powder with Weleda's Rose body oil are the only new additions to my facial routine. However I've stopped using the oil lately because as the days go by, I'm noticing more and more blackheads, clogged pores, whiteheads and a even few cystic acne popping out. Since the oil contained almond oil and jojoba oil (with which my skin hasn't agreed completely), I stopped using the oil thinking that it might be too greasy for my skin. However the congestion and pimples continued to aggravate and I got scared. So here I am, looking this powder up again. As I expected, a lot of reviewers have said that this made them break out, having congested pores, and that's exactly what's happening to me! I am certain that it is this powder, because my HG vichy dermablend fluid has never done this to me. I only use a light layer of it, as a powder SPF and a mattifying agent. Alas, my skin cannot take this anymore. I will return this to the store ASAP and never even consider it again. Also, the ingredients have changed since they changed the packaging and the fact that now there is more boron nitride in this product might be the reason why I am reacting so badly to it. HTH as I am not trying to bash a product that everyone else loves. I just really want to let you know that even if it is labeled for sensitive skin and being non-comedogenic, you still have to be very careful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Youtubers have always compared this to being a dupe for Bare Minerals, and as a previous user of Bare Minerals I disagree. I feel this product is much MUCH better than Bare Minerals. That stuff was crap, in my opinion. This actually has coverage but goes on natural looking.

There is so much that I love about this product, where to begin.
First off, i've used this for about 8 months now. I have it in Creamy Natural (it fits perfectly) i'm Buff in Revlon Colorstay and probably an NC20 in mac? Never tried it but know users that are Buff in RC and are a NC20 in mac.
It helps calm my skin down, reduces pimples, feels extremely light weight, is talc free and stays on for the day. This actually sinks into your skin with of course moisturizing before putting this on.

I use this when I don't want to put harsh foundation on my skin, and want go for the more natural look. I have acne, acne scars, oily T zone and redness on my cheeks. I put concealer on my prob areas and apply this all over my face and I love the look I get. Sure it isn't the full coverage look you get with foundation but then again this isn't liquid foundation. It covers my redness, stays put & stays looking natural throughout the day.

My skin at the end of every day I use this, thanks me. It takes little of my cleanser to wash off and when I wash it off my skin looks better. No new forming pimples coming up to the surface, no harsh redness, and that's what I find after washing off liquid foundation. I feel this helps improve my acne and doesn't make it worse at all... For instance recently I been using my Revlon Colorstay daily b/c I ran out of my light liquid foundation and Ive noticed my skin forming more pimples because of it. So today I didn't use it, used this instead and my skin is already improving. This one of the many reasons why I love this.

However with that said I still always use liquid foundation ... I just love liquid foundation and so for me to love this as a powder foundation says a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this (along with Physician's Formula liquid mineral foundation) for several years. I have very mixed feelings about it.

I have super sensitive, acne prone skin. Several years ago, I found an awesome liquid mineral makeup that worked wonders for me. Unfortunately, it was a very small company and they discontinued the product. I had such good results with the mineral makeup that I decided to try Physician's Formula mineral makeup instead.

I stuck with it for such a long time because it didn't break me out the way other foundations did, and because it offered good coverage and natural SPF (my skin can't handle chemical sunscreens). However, the lightest color was always too dark for my skin and gave me an orangey look. It looked pretty good for the first hour or too, but turned very orange as the day went on. It also slid all over my face. . . yuck. I wasn't happy with it and knew it looked bad, but stuck with it because I didn't realize I could do better.

My Mom has darker and dryer skin than I do, and she loves it. But I've found something that looks better on me and has cleared my skin up way more than PF ever did, so I won't be repurchasing.

***EDIT: I upped the lippies on this one and changed to a yes, I will repurchase. As much as I like my new mineral foundation (Bare Minerals), I've found myself coming back to this one and simply applying it differently. I had been using the PF liquid mineral foundation and using this as a setting powder. I've dumped the liquid crap for good, as it seemed to be what was causing the problems. But I'm using this occasionally as a foundation, and applying it the same way I apply Bare Minerals. Much better results than I had before. I like the look of Bare Minerals better, but I get more coverage from this when I have breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by xxnoellexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I find a lot of foundations really don't help me - they don't cover anything. However, this foundation does not only cover my skin, but it doesn't make me a cake-face.
What I definitely hate is the packaging. The two separate colours are really annoying. I can't take this foundation out with me, like to school, which really, really sucks. If I do, the powder spills everywhere...it's such a mess.
The cost was a little high for a drugstore foundation, but I still think it's pretty good. Overall, I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I read on a skincare website that this foundation is ideal for reactive skin. So, I put my previous negative thoughts on PF foundations behind and gave this company a try again. I did a test swatch first because I got a very bad allergic reaction from a different PF foundation. I was pleased that this particular foundation caused no reaction to my skin. However, there are so many things wrong with this. 1. The Packaging: Why doesn't PF fix this problem! Nobody likes this dome shaped bulky non-user friendly plastic tub! It creates such a royal mess and powder flies everywhere. 2. The Brush: The brush is way too tiny to effectively apply this powder because it concentrates the powder in areas and makes the foundation look cakey. Plus, the brush is rough and sctraches the skin. 3. The Coverage: Poor and very sheer. Why even bother using a foundation if it doesn't cover anything. I needed at least 3-4 layers to acheive coverage and I'm usually a light cover foundation lover! 4. The Finish: It will cling onto dry patches and cake up when I tried to layer this. Also, this has a decent about of Mica in it and when I layer, it doesn't provide much coverage but I got a ton of iredescent shimmer making pores look huge. So, it does get two lippies for 1. Price and 2. Good for the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by hockey4ever

About $20, not to bad a price, but the packaging sucks, makeup goes everywhere. Brush sucks, the lightest colour is way to dark and orange. Doesn't cover my acne, but also doesn't break me out. It has little shimmer things I don't like. Would probably work for someone with a normal skin tone and fairly clear skin, but not for me..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

will I buy again? HELLA YES! first off, I got mine in sand (I am Native canadian and greek so i have tan olive skin) and its my EXACT colour. the coverage is great for someone like me. (mediom!)The brush sucks. Just get rid of it. I Love that its a loose powder. I have really bad oily skin. and I dont need to blot with this. Its amazing. and didnt break me out! (i have teenage skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Kristiitsirk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only issue with this product is that it turns my very pale, pinkish toned skin to yellow.
I love the coverage it gives, I love that it's a loose powder, and I love that it not only doesn't make you break out, but has redeeming qualities that are actually meant to heal the skin.
Tried it once, and I will never wear it again, simply because the palest color is ridiculous. Nobody pale has naturally yellow skin. I WISH they had more color options. If only.