Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 10/4/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Omg, I absolutely love this stuff. It makes your skin glow. After you remove your mask, your skin should be red. It goes away in 30 minutes though. But mixing this with herbs, and oils is endless. Maintains my breakout problem but I'm not completely clear from acne. Probably because I'm still going through puberty. But without this I would be screwed.

on 9/29/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this about 5 times since receiving it, and my skin has visibly improved within 2 weeks. I follow the instructions on the back with mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with the clay until foamy/moussey texture, spread on my face with old makeup brush, and once it has dried and tightened, rinse with warm water. Skin gets red at first but next morning was buttery smooth, no visible poors, faint glow. LOVE! This tub will last forever, but definitely worth a repurchase!

on 9/26/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do like this. I love the fact that it's natural. It makes my skin softer and smoother after using it. However, I usually end up getting a pimple or two after using it. I rarely break out. It's not a huge issue, it's just what I've noticed every time after using it. I'm sure it's because the mask is drawing out all the impurities which makes sense because that's what this mask is supposed to do.

That being said, I don't use this very often. I'll use it once every few months. I use acv to mix it as opposed to water because the consistency is better, IMO.

It's super cheap and the amount that you pay for will last months, so you can't go wrong there. It's nice to do every once in a while!

on 9/26/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I live in Australia so I bought this for about $20+ online - not very cheap for me unfortunately. I love that it's 100% bentonite clay with no other unnecessary ingredients. I used it with raw organic apple cider vinegar and it mixes well and makes a smooth consistency, whereas it got clumpy when I used water.

It feels like a strong, tight mask so it's quite satisfying. You can definitely feel your face pulsate from the tightness as it says! It helped to calm down my skin but it didn't solve my acne-prone skin. I would recommend this over any store-bought mask though since it's pure and feels very natural and revitalising. I think it's a good staple for a skincare regime and I want to repurchase it. However, I will probably buy from a local supplier of bentonite clay instead.

on 9/25/2014 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this a lot. It's dirt cheap, you only need a little to spread all over your face. Just add a bit of Apple cider vinegar, a bit honey mix well then spread it on your face. Washing up is a bit difficult if left too long but I always use a wet wash cloth to moisten up first then only gently wash away the clay. Gave me clear firm skin. Must try! But don't use it if you gonna go out for the night. You will have a rather red skin for at least 30 minutes afterwards

on 9/25/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a pretty good alternative to GlamGlow, that I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe for around 5 bucks. You have to mix it with apple cider vinegar or you can use water. The mixing is an extra process I could do without so that's my only issue, but it is a great mask. You can even use this clay for different things such as making a mask for your hair and feet.

on 9/23/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Excuse my enthusiasm but I seriously love this product.

It'll (help) most likely get rid of acne

It'll pull all that crap from your pores(literally, look it up)

It's crazy inexpensive- 5ish-10ish dollars
The only con? It is drying and can cause redness for roughly half a hour after. Just use a hydrating moisturizer after and you'll be fine.
Also, use ACV. You can't really use anything else.. It'll clump up and be difficult.

I gave the packaging a three star bc you have to mix it yourself but I don't take that as a con bc if they did it it'd go hard and useless.

Overall, I'd recommend this product. Why not? It's cheap and is very unlikely you'll have a reaction to it.

on 9/20/2014 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I went out and bought this after seeing all the great reviews on MUA. It was around $8 at Whole Foods for a huge tub that I'm sure will last me forever, so it's a pretty great value. At first I just used it as the directions say, just mixing it up with a little ACV. I definitely felt the pulsing in my face from all the blood flow, but I was a little cautious since I read some reviews saying that leaving it on too long gave them burns or bad reactions, so I only left it on for about 15 minutes. It did leave my face red but I did it in the evening so no big deal. My face felt clean but I didn't see much of a difference so the next night I left it on for about 30-40 minutes and that's when I saw a big difference...It pulled all my pimples and blackheads to the surface and I could very easily pop them. The next day I woke up with my skin much clearer, but I still had some blemishes. Finally, I decided to mess around with the recipe a bit and I added a capsule of activated charcoal and a few drops of tea tree oil. I left it on for about 40 minutes. I think that adding the charcoal really reduces the tight, pulsating feeling so if that is an issue with you, consider adding something to the mask to make it more gentle. I don't think it decreased the efficacy of the mask, if anything it improved it. After taking it off, I was amazed. It had pulled so much to the surface and even completely flattened a few blemishes. However, it brought up a big cystic pimple on my chin. I didn't mind because I knew it was just purging my skin, but I still had some leftover mask mixed up so I put on a thick layer over the cyst as an overnight spot treatment. When I washed it off in the morning, THE CYST WAS COMPLETELY GONE. Like, totally flat...I was amazed. I have been using this nightly for about 3 or 4 days and I will continue using it nightly until my skin is completely purged, then I will probably decrease my use to a couple times a week. If you don't get immediate results from this mask, try leaving it on longer or adjusting the recipe for your needs. Either way, this mask is super cheap so it doesn't hurt to try. I am super pleased and will continue to repurchase (if I ever finish this huge container!)

on 9/18/2014 8:19:00 PM

I am now on my third jar of this stuff because it's awesome! Whenever I breakout or feel like my face is clogged with impurities, this is my go to mask. It also makes extractions much easier and invasive as it literally does bring up all the crap to the surface. Afterwards I sometimes use Origins Drink up mask to rehydrate my skin since mud masks can make your face a bit dry. Although it does get a little messy, I highly recommend this inexpensive and effective product!

on 9/11/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i doubt that i'll run out of this product soon! very cost effective. i use it with brag g's apple cider vinegar and a little bit of water. takes a while to dry but i highly recommend not to "crack" the dry layer. my friend and i tried this and we broke out badly in the morning the first time after use! limit frequency 2x a week for skin to adjust.

Popular Masks