April 24, 2014 | 1021 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My 4-year-old daughter went nuts when she saw the TBS lineup of body/lip butters at the store downtown, so we did the rounds and both decided we liked the Strawberry Body Butter the best in terms of scent. This is rather surprising, as I generally hate one-note fruit scents, but some of those body butters smell downright like unwashed hair or rancid shea oil, so a pleasant and light (and relatively realistic) berry scent shines by comparison. As far as strawberry scents go, it's got a little more of Ma Nature going for it than, say, Bonne Bell Lip Smackers or Suave strawberry shampoo; you do get a bit of the green and acidic components of real strawberries. The butter itself is quite greasy and heavy, despite the "for normal skin" recommendation; I'd use it more as a hand or cuticle cream. I wouldn't buy this, but it was the best of a mediocre bunch.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tend to use this product after using the Body Shop shower products so that the smell lingers for a little while longer, and it is gorgeous !

It's easily absorbed into your skin, and it lasts for ages. Due to it being in a tub, you can choose how much you put on, unlike other creams which dispense loads at once so you end up with a load of wasted product [so annoying !]
It lasts for ages, and the scent doesn't ever start to lessen over time.

I tend to use this more in the summer months as it's such a fruity, bright smell. I tend to apply it after I've exfoliated as the skin can absorb the scent more, However, don't put too much on as it can get quite sticky ! The cream is, as the title suggests, just like butter and so it goes on quite thick if you don't rub it in enough.

Amazing product though, and the red packaging is quite cute as well - hard plastic-like substance with a screw on lid so you can put it in your bag/suitcase without worrying that it's going to burst all over everything !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the smaller version of this. Spreads easily, smells like candy when you first put it on but as it absorbs and combines with your skin the smell becomes more natural. Smells lasts a long time and it is very moisturising! Would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small tub of this Strawverry body butter and it was ok, but I did not love it. I love body shop butters and I've had the peach, blueberry,grapeseed body butters before and I think I like the smell of them better than the Strawberry.
It is pretty sweet smelling and strong. A little bit greasy but not as bad as other body butters from body shop. I work with kids and whenever I put it on (I used it as my hand cream, kept it in my purse all the time) around them they all wanted to try it and some said it smells so good I want to eat it. I think they seem to like it more than me, so I would let the older girls try a little on their hand.
I like the little tub it comes in, when it was done I washed and now I use it for other stuff.
Overall, it was ok, moisturized nicely, but the smell wasn't for me, I didn't hate but I didn't love it either.
I wouldn't buy this flavor again, but I would buy the body butters for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by danai

This is the best product I've tried from TBS and one of the best body creams I've ever come across in general. As you probably already know not all TBS butters are created equal; their thickness, richness and texture varies. This one is just perfect for me. Exactly the right degree of richness. A nice, thick cream but not an oily one. Being suited for normal skin, this is lighter than other TBS butters I've tried.
It feels heavenly as it melts onto the skin and you can actually feel it start to sink in right away. That doesn't mean that it just vanishes though; I can feel it absorb gradually.
It also leaves skin soft and glowing, and the effect goes on to the next day. I can actually see this make a difference, and that's not something I can say for most body creams I've tried.
Now the scent is a matter of personal taste. I personally adore strawberries and that's why i got this in the first place; I was craving something strawberry scented to lift my mood in the cold. The scent of this is heavenly to me. It's fruity enough, however it's not 100% realistic; it smells less like actual strawberries and more like Strawberries and Cream ice cream. If you don't like foody scents you may not enjoy this though; my mother who detests foody scents in cosmetics very tactfully asked me where the cough syrup smell comes from.
To sum things up, this product has the right consistency, a nice smell and makes my skin actually look better. I'd get it again any day.
Oh and I also adore the tub, it's super cute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the rich, whipped texture of this and how moisturizing it is, but the strawberry scent is just overpoweringly sweet to me. Not fake, but just too fruity-sweet. I love the formula of TBS's body butters but this particular scent just isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is like straight-up strawberries, no other weird scents in there.
That's what I like about TBS, it's just straight up __name_of_scent__.

I have bought just one large sized tub of this.

Very lovely upon application, it's a whipped pink buttery cream. It's for normal skin, so it's not as moisturizing as say, Mango.

However, after awhile of applying this, it leaves behind a weird plastic-y scent on my skin. I'm not sure how it works based on skin chemistry, but that's how it is for me.

I do think I can finish this, but I may just stick to my Mango and Pink Grapefruit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by de2isme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like body butter by body shop. i bought this one in a special package which include small body butter, small shower gel, body polish, and a loofah. for body butter, it smells so good. the strawberry scent is really strong but it is not the weird, disgusting scent. it's fresh and long lasting. when i put it after i took a shower in the gym, someone asking me about this product and she said it's so fresh. the next morning i woke up, i still could smell the strawberry scent. it moisturizes my skin without leaving a greasy or sticky texture on my skin. and i like the texture which is not so liquid, it's creamy and thick. it's a bit pricey but still affordable, i think i will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find the body butters a little bit overpriced, but they're extremely rich and moisturizing. This scent is very fruity and sweet and actually lingers for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by maureenlovesfringe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

firstly when i bought this i really liked the packaging, and it smells very good,like a real strawberry smell. When i put it and go out my friends would ask me why i smells fruity. Hehe! The smell i would say very strong, and yet moisturising too. Except for one thing, it's expensive and i would love to buy another scent coz i can have it all. But the cocoa butter smells great too.