Oatmeal Mask

Price: $

INCI: Water/Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Flour, Mel (Honey), Tocopheryl Acetate

on 4/22/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After watching Bubzbeautys video about oatmeal and how it was amazing for the skin, I tried it out for myself and it works wonders! Leaves your skin so soft and radiant and works brilliantly for dry patches or breakouts :) I normally take my makeup off with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and then gently pat and massage the moist oats all over my face (sometimes leaving it on for 5-10 minutes as a mask), then rinse with lukewarm water. Can get a bit messy, but so worth it!

on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 AM

I mixed some whole oats with some hot water until they were soft/plump, and then put them in a nylon sock. I then used the strained goodness as a face mask. Out of Greek yogurt, honey, and oatmeal, the oatmeal smells the best. The mask felt nice, the results the next day weren't super impressive. Nothing bad happened, but nothing great either so I didn't really try this long term by itself. I may try mixing it with yogurt/honey as others have suggested.

on 4/1/2012 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

well i got this from bubzbeauty on youtube, i thought at first its really messy and all, but i found a medium pack of oatmeal and a HUGE one that i havent open, so i thought i might as well use it since im not going to eat them :P so i did and at first yes it did get messy but after about a month now, i realize my skin is glowy after using it.
i use it in the morning if i have all the time in the world before campus. also i thought this couldnt really remove my make up (duh!) so i stick to my cleanser to that, but when i only have moisturizers and sunblock, i always cleanse with oatmeal as soon as i get home and just leave it with nothing else (our skin needs to breathe, especially the ones who uses moisturizers and all at night)

on 3/31/2012 4:58:00 AM

I've used this as a mask and as cleanser.. Works best with turmeric! Check my review for turmeric on how it has helped my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read people were using oatmeal as a mask and also cleanser so I had to try it for myself.

I put quaker quick oats (the kind you bake with) in my blender and crunched it up a bit and started washing my face with it. It works pretty nicely but I've found that the more finely ground the oatmeal the better this works. I just add a bit of water and wash away, the 'milk' it makes when you add water feels amazing.

I've been trying to Dr. Hauschka method of not moisturizing at night and this is the first cleaser where I don't feel like my face migth crack off if I don't moistureize.

The only draw back is it hasn't done anything for any minor skin impurities like little bumps or small blackheads. I should confess though I'm a picker, I pick when there's nothing een there so maybe that's my own fault.

Given the price, I cannot complain though and even if my skin isn't radiant, it sure feels nice. I recommend you at least try it!

on 3/19/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use oatmeal in masks (usually mixed into yoghurt) but mostly enjoy it as a sort of facial wash for the soothing, hydrating effects it gives.
When my daughter was very young, she had excema outbreaks which left her itchy, dry and uncomfortable and I used to put porridge oats into a nylon stocking, throw it in the bath, let her soak in it and then use the stocking like soap all over the itchy bits. It always used to calm and soothe.
So, for ladies who want the effects but not the mess, the way I use it is to get a muslin cloth, tip some oats in the middle and then draw the edges up and secure with an elastic band and then soak it in warm water and use like a little oaty pad over the face and then rinse. After a week of use, empty it, launder the cloth and start over.

For someone who suffers with excema on the face and around the eyes this can be safely used twice daily and I'm sure it would help.
(N.B. do a patch test first if the skin is especially reactive or for babies and small children)

on 3/9/2012 11:28:00 PM

I used to do this back in the day and I forgot about it! I went through a rough period of my life and stopped using this (or anything really), haha.

Anyway today I remembered how AMAZING this used to be, so I tried it, and already my skin looks so much different than it has in forevvver.

I always remembered using this back in the day it was like my skin was suddenly perfect. I actually just use a half a teaspoon of "Oat Bran" and a few drops of water to massage on my face in the shower.

I tell you, for whatever reason it makes my skin plump, radiant, even, surprisingly moisturized, and somehow not shiny whatsoever. It's like I have dream skin, perfectly normal. Better than normal. Haha.

Anyway, enjoy!

on 3/7/2012 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this for three weeks as a cleanser. I use it at least once a day (am) and depending on what I've put on my skin or how my skin is behaving it is my preferred evening cleanser as well. If I've used ss I'll remove that first with Avene Cleanance gel face wash (and maybe follow up with oats if I want/have time).
I'm very surprised at how good this is. Very cheap and a litttle does go a long way. I'm sure the tub of porridge oats will last me months.
I really had low expectation of this as a face wash, and just thought this might be another internet hype/gimmick that does nothing for my oily/acne prone skin.
From the very first use I have felt a softness and eveness to my skin that I have not had in a long time. It is very gentle and seems to be very soothing. The level of exfoliation seems to be perfect for my skin. Any discolouration (acne scars etc) seems to be fading, and the texture all over my face is very smooth. I've gotten compliments, which hasn't happened in years. It doesn't feel too dry after washing, in fact my skin just feels 'normal'. It doesn't seem to have made my skin oiler, infact it seems to be a little less so (not sure if that's the oats).
Any new acne is definitely less red and the marks seem to be fading far quicker than before.
I feel that this might be a product suitable for all skin types (although of course ymmv - I read somewhere in the comments that some one had an allergic reaction to the oats).
A great great product so far and much quicker than oil cleansing (which I was doing before). A keeper.

on 2/27/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this for about 9 months now and I'm in love with it. I have a oily t zone and normal/dry skin everywhere else. I also had eczema and my skin gets rough easily if I don't use the right products and moisturizers. How I use this is after I cleans my face with the aveeno positively radiant cleanser, I get about a quarter of a palm full and hold it tight in my hands, I run warm water through it (still keeping my hand like a fist form so the oats don't run through) then I squeeze out the milky liquid and spread that over my skin first, it's amazing, then I gently scrub the slightly warm oats all over my face (I use it warm because it helps to clean the pores and it makes the oats softer). Then I rinse it off with blasting cold water to close my pores. Face feels soft, and radiant. I do the same thing but leave it on like a mask every 2nd day at night for about 15 minutes. My mum has complemented on my skin that it looks radiant. I believe it also helped cleared my skin. I had bad breakouts on my forehead during one time and just as it was clearing up I was using this and it really helped. Love it. I also have quite sensitive skin and it didn't irritate it. Just dont scrub too hard

on 2/27/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you haven't tried this yet.. TRY IT!
Purchased PLAIN QUICK OATS, nothing with flavor

This is fool proof! I've always been one to have a fancy for natural stuff on my hair/face. And i couldnt believe that I havent tried this only till this year. This product is versatile and easily mixes with other products. Keep in mind that this may react to peoples skin differently and I am sharing what works for me. Prior to using this I had combination skin. Oily T-zone, dry around the nose and mouth, and I have those annoying breakouts once a month

I've used this product in the following ways:

Cleanser: (first I blended this is one of those magic bullets and I store in in a tiny tupper wear that I leave near the bathroom sink) Grab a bunch and add water, allow it to soak up a little to get soft and milky. Then gently massage it into face

Mask: Oatmeal mixed with honey and some lemon juice, up to a consistency that you desire. Leave it on for 5 minutes. The longer you leave it on the harder it wil be to remove

Face powder: yes face powder! I blended this in the magic bullet (dry of course) intil it was a fine powder. After applying makeup I use this to set everything. I noticed that it kept oil away for hours and left a flawless finish. My mom even asked what I was using

Just try to see what works for you. The only down size it that it can be a bit messy. But thats all. Within the first use I've noticed that my skin looked clearer, dry patches dissapeared, face glowed, and it balanced out the PH levels.

Now after 3 weeks of continuous usage, I went from combination skin to normal skin :) Plus you save money with this instead of buying all those cleansers, masks, powders that has who knows what in them.

Popular Masks