LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

on 12/23/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I took my very first LUSH bath with Butterball the other day after hauling at my local LUSH store. I love the smell, I find it very clean, simple, and refreshing.

First of all this is GREAT for softening up water and the shea butter in it is very, very moisturizing. My skin loves it. As the bomb fizzles away, tiny chunks of shea butter are released. With the heat of the water, they melt. I noticed that the chunks sometimes cling to the sides of the bathtub but that is easily remedied by swiping it and rubbing it into my drier spots (elbows, knees). During the winter my skin is very dry and dehydrated, and this was a great fix! I used the entire bomb, which is smaller than most of the other ones (say, Big Blue or Sex Bomb). It did not change the color of the water, so this would probably be great for cocktailing if you need some more moisture. I love that my elbows and knees are still much more moisturized than usual and I'm still soft all over.

How I wish these were cheaper! For now, though, stock up on Mr. Butterball if you want to save some cash--it's much bigger (2-3 uses maybe) and cheaper than the ball version.

on 12/22/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. It does a very good job of moisturizing the skin- especially those hard to reach places. LOL. ^_^

However, the effect is very transitory; it does not last very long. I would rather use a body butter that sinks in to the skin for a more protracted length of time. I think once I get out of the bath and towel off, it wipes away the butter off. Sure, I could stay in the tub to let it sink in more but I hate getting all prune-y just to let this product take more effect. I am not a huge fan of the scent either but it could be worse.

Overall, I do not think the price justifies the end result.

on 12/18/2009 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I generally dont like bath bombs because they just scent the water, maybe a little color but dont "soften"it. The butterball is the one that does make the water very moisterising. Its like bath oil with a very light scent, which I like because I use 1 butterball for the "butter" and then I''ll throw in 1/4 - 1/2 piece of floating island for the scent and creamy topping. Baths are so much fun.

on 12/1/2009 1:07:00 AM

mmmm, love this one. it's one of the bath bombs from lush i always make sure i'm stocked up on. it makes me soo soft and smells sweet and delicious. my boyfriend always says, "you should use butterball in this bath" because he loves how soft it makes me. it smells fabulously sweet and it's a great one to use before bed, especially if you're going to be cuddling!

on 11/22/2009 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this bath bomb, the scent and what it does for me. I have psoriasis so I really shouldn't be lounging around in the bath all day. That being said that is kind of my weekly unwinding treat (and this time of year I need it more). When my skin is a little more sensitive it's good to have this bath bomb on hand because of the oatmeal it won't irritate, it's actually really nice

on 11/9/2009 9:48:00 PM

This was the first bath bomb that I purchased at LUSH and I LOVE IT! This left my water moisturizing and with a vanilla scent. I will definitely repurchase :)

on 11/8/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Add me to the list of people who love it! I really like that Lush is a company that seems to have some ethics and cares about the planet. The little bits of cocoa butter in this are very effective in softening my skin and I absolutely adore how it smells. It is an expensive bath product for only one use though, so I will only be occassionally splurging on it.

on 11/7/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this bomb, it fizzes like any other, but the coco butter bits that come out of it melt in the hot bath water and moisturize your skin so well, better than any body wash I've ever used, I didn't even need to use any cream or anything to shave my legs and got a incredible close smooth shave and silky smooth legs. I will definitely keep treating myself to these bombs.

on 11/3/2009 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for your skin, not so great if you're looking for fun. Pleasant and nice, but not outrageous in any way.

on 10/24/2009 10:35:00 PM

Very moisturizing!! My favorite LUSH product that I will purchase over and over again. It is pretty pricey for me for everyday Baths though.

Popular Bath Treatments