New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 1/26/2009 12:01:00 AM

98 cents? You have to love it for that price. Can't say much about the color that hasn't already been said, it doesn't last to long on me but I love that it wears well, no ring around the lip, and it leaves behind a nice berry stain that does last for hours..... so I've been blotting it, cutting out the middle man, hehe. Anyway, if you're looking for a red, or not, I wasn't, pick this up!!!!! I got the retro red as well but haven't tried it yet, I'm not willing to cheat on sheer red yet. :)

on 1/24/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love!

I'm fifteen and I was looking for a great, wearable read that wasn't too out there. This suits me(and my wallet) perfectly! I have very warm, tanned Asian skin and I think this looks great. On a scale of pigment, it's definitely better than my usual Dr. Pepper lip balm! It's a bit of a deeper red than I thought it would be(I bought it online at ULTA), but I love the way it turns out on my pigmented lips. It's kind of a berry red, really.

I would buy this over and over again. My only gripe is the packaging. I've got this pet peeve about nicked lipsticks and I hate how for most cheap-o drugstore products you can't wind down the lipstick all the way and you have to be extra careful when you put the cap back on. Other than that, for 99 cents, it is worth EVERY penny.

on 1/1/2009 1:17:00 PM

I think this is a great lipstick for the price , it's only .99 cents!!! I wanted to try a red lipstick , I always use neutrals so I didn't wanted to spend a lot. I read the reviews and decided to buy it.I am pleasantly surprised! Great consistency, no taste or odor, is moisturizing, the color is a pretty shade of red and is only .99 cents.But don't expect a sheer red because is a true red , very pigmented.

OMG! I will buy this again and again, and why not? It's 99 cents! It's a very "Gwen Stefani" red... that's the easiest way for me to put it. Goes on like a dream, lasts a long time, and has a great consistency - not too matte or shimmery.

on 10/14/2008 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow I love Sheer Red! Not too matte, not to glossy and a perfect substitution for my overpriced Ruby Sheer from Bobbi Brown. Yep, I have two tubes of those but, I never thought I could find a cheap sub. Actually I find myself reaching for this one more often than the BB. So, for 99 cents, give it a try. Bobbi's is overpriced anyway.

on 10/5/2008 8:42:00 PM

I have been getting into sheer reds lately and kept reading recommendations for N.Y.C. Sheer Red on the boards. Overall with this brand, the quality is sometimes "what-you-pay-for", but very reasonable for the prices. Still, I tend to overlook it unless there are recommendations. I wasn't impressed at first as Sheer Red seemed darker and more pigmented than I was expecting and applied unevenly. However, when I applied this over balm, this became a soft rose-red. This is very wearable and flattering for me if I use it over balm. I have very fair skin with lots of pink and pigmented lips for my complexion. The price is under one dollar. I buy New York Color at Meijer and it is also available at Target.

on 9/26/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this red! As other reviewers have mentioned, it is not too sheer or too matte/intense. I am typically uncomfortable wearing reds during the day (okay at night too!) but this l/s took away that fear.

on 9/12/2008 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! It's my new HG! It's the perfect neutral red for my light/med olive skin. Not sheer, which I like. But not thick and opaque either. Perfect consistency. No smell. Not drying. Love everything about it. Definitely repurchase over and over again.

on 9/9/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! It is the perfect red. I just bought two sticks this weekend because it is always sold out in our local Target and I was lucky to find some.

And you can not beat the price.

on 6/11/2008 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great red lipstick - not too sheer, but not really matte and thick either - actually, I think it's just perfect. It's just a plain true red and no weird glitter, no smells, lasts very well, and it's cheap - actually it is perfect except for I hate the lid - you can't swivel it all the way down and I hate that - but overall, this is a winner and right up there with any expensive brand. I love NY Color lipsticks - they are really really good quality.

Popular Lipsticks