December 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My everyday HG cleanser! It's probably not as gentle as stated on the packaging, but it leaves my skin clean, soft and fresh. It's a foaming cream and it's super efficient, a pea-size amount is enough to work up a rich lather!

Have already repurchased and will do so again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have extremely sensitive skin, even some products meant for sensitive skin sting like hell for me, its that sensitive.

when i ran out of my usual cleanser i thought that i would give this a try.

im just using a sample at the moment, but so far soo good.
it not stingy, and my sin doesnt feel so dry and stretched like it does when im using other cleansers (except of my usual stuff which ran out). it lathers up nicely and feels really soothing as i massage it into my skin.

to take it off, rather than spalshing the water onto my face and makeing a big mess, i use a muslin cloth soaked in luke warm water and gently wipe my face clean.

i love this!"!!! the only reason ive given this an overall 4 is because of the price tag, 20 for a cleanser is really much! i dunno if i could keep up buying this again and again, but i guess until i find a better product i'll be happy paying the sky high price

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Anaiis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG cleanser. Removes m/u better than any other cleansers I tried, doesn't dry my skin (gentle!) and I only use a little bit each time so it's even economic :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by babyv7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as part of a Shiseido 3-pack sample and I like it as it gave my skin that squeaky clean feel. However, I have very dry skin and I worry that it might be too drying. Since this was a single-use sample, I would have to try it over a period of time to see what the long-term effects on my skin are, but I do think I will buy it and see how it goes. I've been using DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and moisturizing soap, but it's a 2-step process and getting to be a bit of a hassle. But, since it's literally oil it doesn't dry out my skin. I like Shiseido products overall and this definitely does a good job at cleaning off my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 4:41:00 AM More reviews by xsamilee

This foam smells great and is gentle on my skin. I use it with my Shiseido brush. I love how it foams well, and my skin feels very clean afterwards, and not dry. I have yet to find a product better than this ... I've been trying some cheaper ones, but they aren't as good. It's a little pricey, as most shiseido products are for its small size, but the quality is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

This is mediocre at best. The name is deceiving as this is not extra gentle. My skin feels stripped and very dry when I use this. The good thing is, if someone likes using it, the tube will last for freaking ever! I will not repurchase because it's too drying for me, but might work for oily skin types. I like the scent, but again, this is not extra gentle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised at the rave reviews for this product. I got a sample of The Skincare's 3-step system at Shoppers Drug Mart and last night, when I discovered I'd left my Burt's Bees cleanser in my mom's shower, I decided to give it a whirl. I am shocked that they market this as "gentle" and that sensitive skinned gals are liking it... my skin is only kind of sensitive and this kind of stung my face! The stinging wasn't that bad though, the worst part was the over-drying! After I washed it off, my face was very dry, RED, blotchy, and a little tight. Never good. Don't like the smell either- too soapy. I suppose it's supposed to smell "clean and fresh" but it could do that without smelling like Ivory! In fact, with the way this product works on my face I may as well use Ivory. Ivory at least takes a few uses to make my skin red and dry!
I gave it two lippies ONLY because I think it would be OK for oily-skinned people. But it's not for me. Too stripping. Glad I didn't actually buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by makoto4me

Great smell...very clean and gentle even for sensitive skin.I really like the smell of shiseido the skincare, make me feel relax...pureness cleanser and white lucent cleanser are too drying for me.better than lancome, origins , clinique....but a little bit pricy..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the first time in a long time I decided to use a foaming cleanser instead of my regular cream/milk cleansers just for a change. Given that the Pureness Foaming Cleansing fluid completely dried out my skin and left it far too squeaky clean for my liking, the proclaimed "extra gentle" cleansing foam in The Skincare line immediately became my next best option. However, just like how I had made that impulsive decision to buy the cleanser from my nearest Shiseido counter, I immediately regretted it the moment it touched my face. Yes, the very thick, white cream does lather up beautifully into a nice frothy foam and does an excellent job of cleansing my face - makeup, oil, gunk et al. But no, it is also most certainly NOT GENTLE. I only used the tiniest, pea-size drop but that in itself felt too much for my combo skin. It is difficult to rinse off as it keeps re-lathering/foaming and leaves my skin feeling tight and dry. My skin is more on the oily side of combo so I was a little surprised at that. I also did not like that distinctive lingering feeling of soap suds on my face, regardless of how bright and fresh it looked afterwards. Overall, not the right product for me but should be excellent for people with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2008 7:28:00 AM More reviews by yukichan3488

I tried this some time ago. It's a descent cleanser but not for me because it strips my face typical of most Japanese cleansers.