October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is you gotta try this! I went from using up 3 oil blotting sheets per day to not even using up 1! This is my HG of primers!! I only wish I has tried it before wasting money on high priced primers that didn't even work. MoM is all you need to keep your skin matte all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy that I tried MoM as a makeup primer, it really does work! I have tried other big name brands that cost way too much compared to MoM. I'm always in search for a good makeup matte primer and this is the BOMB! Love it!!!
I apply it on clean skin with a sponge wedge let it dry and apply my foundation. I was out and about 2day and it was hot and sunny outside. I even stood outside in the sun for a little bit and my face was not shiny at all and my makeup stayed looking good all day. Alleluyah! This stuff will be part of my everyday makeup routine from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by r330achael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is WONDERFUL!! I have SUPER oily skin, and this is the only thing that helps me not get oily!! I really was skeptical about using this on my face, but i'm SOO glad i tried it. If you have oily skin, try this, you will not regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my absolute HG.i'd never bothered with primers because i'm so,so oily it just seemed pointless.i stumbled on a review for MoM here and decided to give it a try because we had it in the house.oh my God.now i'm an absolute diehard fan of this.i'd put on my makeup and wind up blotting my face for the first time before i even left the house,and i'd have to blot and re-powder continuously throughout the day.with MoM i don't need to blot until early afternoon,and if i powder after i do it i'm good til evening.i was also thrilled this didn't break me out,i was worried about that since it controls my oil so well.
do yourself a favor and just buy the dollar store brand,it works just as well as the more expensive stuff.this also makes it an insane value since there are probably thousands of apps in a standard size bottle.a little messy,but since it's not designed to be a cosmetic what can you do.
i just can't say enough good things.absolute HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bottle of this (for my husband who was having stomach issues) at rite aid for about 6 bucks. Well it didn't help my husband, but I remembered reading about it here as a foundation primer. I figured "why let 6 bucks go to waste?"

So today I used it, put a little in the measuring cap it comes with, add a bit of water dip my cotton ball (or pad) in it and swipe all over my face. My skin felt dry and tight, I was a little worried, I don't like that feeling. Well I let it dry, wiped off any white patches and continued on with my make up routine. I have been alternating between Maybellines 24 hour superstay and Dream liquid mousse, but was having a hard time with oil around my t-tone breaking through on both foundations. Not today, I put my make up on at 10 today it is now 11 at night and my face still looks good, not perfect, but much better than without this product. I don't know if I would use this everyday as it does seem to dry out my skin, and I worry if I use this a lot, my skin will go into over production of oil, but for occasions where I really need my foundation to last all day (like my upcoming Disneyland trip), this will be my new primer. thank you MUA for opening my eyes to a product that I would have gone to waste otherwise! Would I buy again, yes, but I have so much and will probably use it sparingly it will most likely expire before I run out, but I will buy again when the time comes....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was expecting something amazing due to all the reviews I have watched/read but it was no better than my moisturiser (which is an oil controlling one). It works but I was expecting more. My skin is extremely oily and this only controlled the oil for a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by amybiotech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

WINNER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Who would have known that a laxative would be my HG primer? Shames all others. I have skin that's super oily/acne-prone/sensitive, so most primers that work end up breaking out. And the ones that don't break me out don't really work. Normally, by 10am I have to blot when I don't use this. But with MOM, no blotting until at LEAST 1pm.

Application: after washing, toning, and lightly moisturizing my face (and letting the moisture sink in for about 2-5 minutes), I blot off excess oil with a single ply of tissue paper, then shake the bottle to mix the contents up. I usually use about 3 drops and apply a super thin layer to my nose and the area immediately around it, a lickle bit on my eyelids, and chin. If I'm in a rush, I fan it for a couple seconds, otherwise I get dressed and let it dry on it's own. After that, there's sometimes some chalky residue if I've applied too much, so i lightly run a dry cotton ball over those areas and then apply my foundation/concealer as usual.

For my eyelids, I apply, dry, then put a little bit of MAC Paint Pot in Painterly over it, and BAM! Long-lasting, creaseless eyeshadow. I'm talking about "lasts through rain before the club, a long night of dancing, and pancake house afterwards" - WOW.

Although I've marked "Yes" to purchase this product again, a few drops goes SUCH a long way that it'll probably be close to the expiration date of the product before I have to buy any more..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by cpring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This keeps oil at bay all night. I mix it with some water and then use a wedge to spread over my t-zone. Then I apply my foundation over it. It really is amazing to not have "shiny face" at the end of a wedding or some other night activity. I don't use this daily, just for special events weirdly enough. Just make sure to mix it with enough water or you'll get a white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mouse1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went to Dollar Tree and got a bottle because I wasn't sure if this would work or break out my face. Best dollar I've ever spent! I put it on after my sunscreen and then do my makeup and it's great! It feels nice, no smell, keeps my pores and shine in check ( I have combo skin), make up looks good all day and it's great as an eyeshadow primer as well. It doesn't look chalky although it will leave some white marks if it you don't blend well but they come off easy. No breakouts either!