Chanel Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

oxybenzone (benzophenone 3, sodium chloride, talc, lanolin, citric acid,

on 4/26/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Alright, I was hesitant to try this foundation because of all of the negative reviews however...I happen to really love this foundation. Contrary to what others have experienced I have had a great experience. I have complicated skin, it's dry and sensitive and I have a hard time finding something that meets my skins needs. I tried vitalumiere and loved it, but really wanted more coverage. I tried this on expecting what all others have mentioned and was pleasantly surprised!!! I would highly recommend this product. You really need less than one pump to cover the entire face. It's such a wonderful foundation!!!

on 4/25/2010 11:46:00 PM

Tried vitalumiere and that didn't work. so i exchanged it for this one hoping for more coverage and less dewiness.
i have normal to dry skin and still i felt like this product was too shiny, and overall, it just felt really greasy and heavy on my face. i wore it to a friend's birthday, and the whole time, I felt like washing my face. it was gross feeling. I returned this the next day.

on 4/24/2010 3:38:00 PM

i bought this foundation, used it for a week and promptly returned it. ive been to several different CHANEL locations and have asked to get color matched by different people but there is never a match for me. in MAC foundations im about a NW15 depening on the day but all of the CHANEL shades are far too yellow based for me to wear. this is also a very short lived foundation, maybe 5 hours tops before you have to go do serious touchups. the finish is very shiny and since i do have oily areas of my face this really got shiny fast.

on 4/20/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a natural looking makeup with a luminous glow
i have acne and makes my skin actually look healthy
i just still need to find the perfect way to apply it
the coverage is ok wish there was more
but overall a beautiful product and love the pump

on 4/20/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this product because it's simply amazing! It def. provides full coverage with my acne prone skin! What I like most about this besides the finish is that it comes with a pump and you will for sure know that you'll use all the product because it is vacuum pumped. Not all Chanel foundation is like this, but this is def. one of them. I will be repurchasing this over and over again, I just hope the prices don't increase.

on 4/20/2010 3:36:00 PM

I bought this product seriously cuz of all the YT HYPE. When I used this the first time I looked like I had just ran a marathon. Crazy shiny skin. I wanted to try without setting to see the lasting power. It did last a while in cool climates but in warm climates it melted right off. I do like the dewy look that it gives and also the coverage, but I don't know if I would repurchase;/. youtube/finnezze

on 4/13/2010 4:09:00 PM

I am on my second bottle now.
I do not use it every day. It is perfect for photos. I use it with chanel base lumiere and chanel poudre universelle libre and it stays for about 6 hours. I am à mac nc 15/20, so I use it in #20 claire-cameo.
It has à medium
coverage. I think there are others which are easier to blend but it is okay.
As I already mentionned I Love it for photographen and would not use another one therfor.

on 4/12/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoy this foundation but definitely not the customer service! Chanel SA are NEVER helpful!

Price...

$60 for 1 fl. oz...really? I had to save up for a bit to purchase this foundation and I still regret it to this day...Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a lovely foundation, but quite expensive!

Packaging...

I quite like it as it does come with a pump, great for hygienic purposes! However I do have qualms with this as I often pump out much more than I need that I end up tossing whatever I don't use or feel far too guilty for throwing it out as it is $60 that I layer it over my face resulting in a 1" of coverage, who wants to feel THAT on their face?

Repurchase?

Before discovering LM TM, I might've however as I have found the perfect foundation routine my skin-I don't think I'll be needing such a heavy foundation. For references, it is a medium coverage but DEFINITELY buildable to full.

Before you purchase...

I do recommend getting samples of this stuff before purchasing however you may encounter some sale fiends who prefer making their quota than great customer service.

on 4/9/2010 6:33:00 AM

So I just had to try this Chanel Pro Lumiere Liquid Foundation that looks so good on the SA and totally delish seeing as it's Chanel! Beige #40 is the best color match to my skin that I've ever come across but... (and there's always a rather big but ...) as lovely as this liquid foundation is on application and feel staying power wasn't so great!!! I strictly do the whole twice daily shebang of cleansing, toning and moisturising as well as prepping and priming before foundation but Chanel Pro Lumiere didn't last very well - especially around the T-Zone. I tried their primers as well as other brands and I even went without primer (a big no-no I know). I applied Mattifying Pore-Minimizing Gel on my T-Zones and still nothing. I found that within a few hours of wear that it was settling into the pores over my T-Zone making it look blotchy!!! I had a decent size sample and tried it over several different days and weeks - still the same. I tried SUPER hard to love this but alas in vain!!! Feels lovely and gives a slightly dewy smooth light to medium coverage but has no lasting power. Coverage is more than Vitalumiere and staying power is only slightly better than Vitalumiere. Still can't justify it's purchase even though it's the perfect shade ;o( However this may well work on someone with DRIER skin and NO oily T-Zone.

on 4/6/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edited; This stuff is way too greasy. After trying Nars Sheer Glow which is now my holy grail foundation, I can say that Pro Lumiere SUCKS big time.

I deleted my first review. Cause I hate this foundation so much. If you want a nice glow and hydrating foundation buy Nars Sheer glow instead.