December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by meghanmartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros - This foundation covers just about ANYTHING! I have dark skin with dark freckles and this makeup has hidden them perfectly! Great for photoshoots and everyday wear.

Cons - Maybe a little too much for people who want the 'natural look'. Does not work well in the sun where sweating occurs. Pretty expensive ((Usually about $27)).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this makeup, but I use it as a concealer before applying studio fix powder. I use to wear it as a foundation, but it looks heavy when applied all over and has to be touched up often. I like it better as a concealer more than any other concealer i've used.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful for photoshoots! Can achieve a very mannequin-like appearance with this. I do love this, but for me it's a bit too heavy for every day wear, which is why I have MUFE's Mat Velvet Plus. I like them both, but for photography, this one may have a slight edge, due to the fact that the coverage is so extreme, and the color range is unbeatable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by getchasum

AMAZING FOUNDATION! really good coverage & you only need to apply it once or twice daily! It covers freckles really well! Worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably going to be my HG summer foundation. It is pretty much sweatproof, gives great coverage without looking heavy and is a perfect match for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:02:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

I bought this foundation because my skin was going through breakout for a couple of months and had few blemishes left and i needed a foundatio that was going to give me good coverage. in mac foundations i normally use studio fix fluid in shade nc42 or studio tech in shade nc40.therefore the lady in london at MAC said nearest shade to this skin colour is only one shade which is c40.The shade is perfect when i applied the foundation has a slight sweet smell .I applied with sponge first time and yes it gives excellent coverage you have to be very careful of how much of this stuff u apply as alittle goes a long way.it makes my skin look flAWless and is definitely worth it if u want really good full coverage. Ijust didnt feel comfortable wearing the foundation even though i use laura mercier primer beauty flash balm or mac primer.i just felt i had alot on my face even though it looked great on it just felt slightly heavy to me. would definte;y reccommend to anyone who wants full coverage but slightly heavy feel.i havent used a better full coverage foundation than this.Other foundations i have used and reccommend .....Laura mercier silk creme foundation if u r the shades i stated then u will need shade cashew beige also armani in 6.5 .i am going to stick to my studio fix fluid at the moment when i need fuller coverage but for everyday use i havent found anything that can beat CHANEL VITALUMIERE LIQUID IN SHADE NATUREL 50 IF U ARE ABOVE SHADES.IT GIVES MY SKIN GOOD COVERAGE AND CANT NOITCE PORES.jUST MY SKIN LOOKS POLISHED AND HEALTHY .
I AM EDITING THIS REVIEW ...as after a wedding recently i noticed in pictuyres i wouldnt ever wear this foundation again as i returned it my pores got clogged and looked tad grey on my face i have yellow undertones but if u go to a mac counter then have it tried on u would be better

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

Sorry to put a damper on all the raves, but I do not find this product to be all that. It's true I haven't tried applying it with a brush, but I've tried various other methods and, while it does cover, I cannot say that it covers without looking masky. It does look masky if I put on enough to get full coverage. On the other hand, if applied sheerly and carefully, it goes on nice and natural but - doesn't cover. So I might as well just use liquid foundation and have done with it. The shade I have is C25, which is actually not that yellow. I have extreme yellow tones in my neck and body, less so in my face, so my foundation is a constant balancing act between evening out the difference and looking too yellow. This shade is okay but the one I actually bought seems less yellow than the tester (strangely enough). I probably won't use this foundation much as it is too much of a hassle to put on for not enough results. Verdict: underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of foundations! I have very clear but extremely dry skin and this has enough moisture in it that it does not suck the life out of my skin. I am not one who *needs* a full coverage foundation but I like the versatility of being able to build it up. I usually apply it with a damp cosmetic sponge, which puts a finer layer on my skin. You can continue to layer it until you get the coverage you are looking for. It blends effortlessly and has great staying power. If I have any blemishes at all, this stuff covers it! I have been using it for years and have never thought twice about switching foundations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for my HG foundation for years and I have found it! A little about my skin, I have an oily T-zone that tends to get dried out from acne treatments, huge pores, a few pimples (adult acne sucks) and due to lack of sunscreen in my younger years I have some sunspots and some dark (not pitted) acne scars as well. I have been looking for a foundation that covered very well, but that didn't look cakey/masky and that didn't turn orange or accentuate my dry patches. I went into the MAC Pro Store today after reading all the reviews. I thought I was an NC37-NC40, but then again I haven't been color matched in forever. The MA said I was more NC30-NC35. Since the NC colors in this foundation are super yellow (and I mean SUPER yellow), and the colors tend to run dark the MA used NW25. She stippled it on with a medium to light hand and then blended for what seemed like the length of time it takes to get a man to clean his own dishes (forever). Then she swept NC30 sheer pressed powder over it to "cut back on the pink", though I didn't think the foundation looked pink at all. She then swiped on just a touch of bronzer on the high points of my face in Golden to warm it all up and bring it to the perfect color. It looked great in the store, but the real test, I went out in the daylight. BIG WOW!! I was so excited to go back in and buy my new treasures! Super flawless skin that is now the right color and not masky at all! I have worn it all day and it still looks great. I am just praying that it doesn't make me break out. I never had a problem with MAC foundations unlike so many of you ((hugs)) and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it is very important that you get color matched in the store for this as the colors are different than many if their other foundations. Way to go MAC!!
**UPDATE** It's been a week and no breakouts, but I have found that it does clog a little, but nothing that a good makeup remover doesn't take care of. I am in LOVE with my new HG **pets the compact lovingly**

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by superha74

I've been using this as a tattoo cover on my clients for years and for some reason, I never tried it on the face. After reading the reviews I figured why not? I started with my foundation brush and stippling it onto the face the same way I usually apply when I use it as a tattoo cover but no matter how little I used it just looked a little blotchy. Then I tried applying with my beloved 187 brush, but it looked too heavy. Finally, I sprayed my 187 brush with Fix+, then swirled the brush in the foundation and stippled it onto my face...can I say WOW!!!
Pores..GONE..redness..GONE..scarring..GONE..just a perfect dewy canvas. Add a pop of blush and a stroke of powder in the T-zone and I was done. It also lasted hours thru sweat and humidity. I've started using this on my clients as well and it is almost as good as the airbrushing I normally would use on them. Because of the application, very little product is necessary so the compact will last you a long time. My only complaint is that the little plastic dome keeps popping out of my compact. I've had to glue it back in place 3 times already! Also, I'm normally NC20-25 in Studio Fix but I use C20 in the Full Coverage(I have NC20 and NC30 in this formula but the C20 was the best match)so I would have a SA match you before buying your MAC shade.