September 2, 2014 | 1654 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful for photoshoots! Can achieve a very mannequin-like appearance with this. I do love this, but for me it's a bit too heavy for every day wear, which is why I have MUFE's Mat Velvet Plus. I like them both, but for photography, this one may have a slight edge, due to the fact that the coverage is so extreme, and the color range is unbeatable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by getchasum

AMAZING FOUNDATION! really good coverage & you only need to apply it once or twice daily! It covers freckles really well! Worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably going to be my HG summer foundation. It is pretty much sweatproof, gives great coverage without looking heavy and is a perfect match for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:02:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

I bought this foundation because my skin was going through breakout for a couple of months and had few blemishes left and i needed a foundatio that was going to give me good coverage. in mac foundations i normally use studio fix fluid in shade nc42 or studio tech in shade nc40.therefore the lady in london at MAC said nearest shade to this skin colour is only one shade which is c40.The shade is perfect when i applied the foundation has a slight sweet smell .I applied with sponge first time and yes it gives excellent coverage you have to be very careful of how much of this stuff u apply as alittle goes a long way.it makes my skin look flAWless and is definitely worth it if u want really good full coverage. Ijust didnt feel comfortable wearing the foundation even though i use laura mercier primer beauty flash balm or mac primer.i just felt i had alot on my face even though it looked great on it just felt slightly heavy to me. would definte;y reccommend to anyone who wants full coverage but slightly heavy feel.i havent used a better full coverage foundation than this.Other foundations i have used and reccommend .....Laura mercier silk creme foundation if u r the shades i stated then u will need shade cashew beige also armani in 6.5 .i am going to stick to my studio fix fluid at the moment when i need fuller coverage but for everyday use i havent found anything that can beat CHANEL VITALUMIERE LIQUID IN SHADE NATUREL 50 IF U ARE ABOVE SHADES.IT GIVES MY SKIN GOOD COVERAGE AND CANT NOITCE PORES.jUST MY SKIN LOOKS POLISHED AND HEALTHY .
I AM EDITING THIS REVIEW ...as after a wedding recently i noticed in pictuyres i wouldnt ever wear this foundation again as i returned it my pores got clogged and looked tad grey on my face i have yellow undertones but if u go to a mac counter then have it tried on u would be better

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

Sorry to put a damper on all the raves, but I do not find this product to be all that. It's true I haven't tried applying it with a brush, but I've tried various other methods and, while it does cover, I cannot say that it covers without looking masky. It does look masky if I put on enough to get full coverage. On the other hand, if applied sheerly and carefully, it goes on nice and natural but - doesn't cover. So I might as well just use liquid foundation and have done with it. The shade I have is C25, which is actually not that yellow. I have extreme yellow tones in my neck and body, less so in my face, so my foundation is a constant balancing act between evening out the difference and looking too yellow. This shade is okay but the one I actually bought seems less yellow than the tester (strangely enough). I probably won't use this foundation much as it is too much of a hassle to put on for not enough results. Verdict: underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of foundations! I have very clear but extremely dry skin and this has enough moisture in it that it does not suck the life out of my skin. I am not one who *needs* a full coverage foundation but I like the versatility of being able to build it up. I usually apply it with a damp cosmetic sponge, which puts a finer layer on my skin. You can continue to layer it until you get the coverage you are looking for. It blends effortlessly and has great staying power. If I have any blemishes at all, this stuff covers it! I have been using it for years and have never thought twice about switching foundations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for my HG foundation for years and I have found it! A little about my skin, I have an oily T-zone that tends to get dried out from acne treatments, huge pores, a few pimples (adult acne sucks) and due to lack of sunscreen in my younger years I have some sunspots and some dark (not pitted) acne scars as well. I have been looking for a foundation that covered very well, but that didn't look cakey/masky and that didn't turn orange or accentuate my dry patches. I went into the MAC Pro Store today after reading all the reviews. I thought I was an NC37-NC40, but then again I haven't been color matched in forever. The MA said I was more NC30-NC35. Since the NC colors in this foundation are super yellow (and I mean SUPER yellow), and the colors tend to run dark the MA used NW25. She stippled it on with a medium to light hand and then blended for what seemed like the length of time it takes to get a man to clean his own dishes (forever). Then she swept NC30 sheer pressed powder over it to "cut back on the pink", though I didn't think the foundation looked pink at all. She then swiped on just a touch of bronzer on the high points of my face in Golden to warm it all up and bring it to the perfect color. It looked great in the store, but the real test, I went out in the daylight. BIG WOW!! I was so excited to go back in and buy my new treasures! Super flawless skin that is now the right color and not masky at all! I have worn it all day and it still looks great. I am just praying that it doesn't make me break out. I never had a problem with MAC foundations unlike so many of you ((hugs)) and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it is very important that you get color matched in the store for this as the colors are different than many if their other foundations. Way to go MAC!!
**UPDATE** It's been a week and no breakouts, but I have found that it does clog a little, but nothing that a good makeup remover doesn't take care of. I am in LOVE with my new HG **pets the compact lovingly**

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by superha74

I've been using this as a tattoo cover on my clients for years and for some reason, I never tried it on the face. After reading the reviews I figured why not? I started with my foundation brush and stippling it onto the face the same way I usually apply when I use it as a tattoo cover but no matter how little I used it just looked a little blotchy. Then I tried applying with my beloved 187 brush, but it looked too heavy. Finally, I sprayed my 187 brush with Fix+, then swirled the brush in the foundation and stippled it onto my face...can I say WOW!!!
Pores..GONE..redness..GONE..scarring..GONE..just a perfect dewy canvas. Add a pop of blush and a stroke of powder in the T-zone and I was done. It also lasted hours thru sweat and humidity. I've started using this on my clients as well and it is almost as good as the airbrushing I normally would use on them. Because of the application, very little product is necessary so the compact will last you a long time. My only complaint is that the little plastic dome keeps popping out of my compact. I've had to glue it back in place 3 times already! Also, I'm normally NC20-25 in Studio Fix but I use C20 in the Full Coverage(I have NC20 and NC30 in this formula but the C20 was the best match)so I would have a SA match you before buying your MAC shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

(Note: This review is cross-posted to Studio Finish and Full Coverage concealer as they are the exact same product, with the difference of SPF.)

First off, for those of you who find yourselves going through the small pot of Studio Finish concealer particularly quickly - Especially if you use it to conceal larger areas of your face besides the undereyes - MAC's Full Coverage foundation, available at freestanding stores, not counters, is one full ounce of the Studio Finish concealer in a mirrorless 28g compact for only about 2x the cost. The only difference is the absence of titanium dioxide in the Full Coverage that gives this concealer the SPF35.

I'm oily, acne and clog prone. However, I find that stippling on Studio Finish concealer/Full Coverage with a foundation brush (VERY sparingly) gives me this amazing airbrushed finished that does not break me out or clog my pores. A large synthetic foundation brush gently tapped onto the surface of the concealer/foundation will give you more than enough to coverage a square 2 inches of your face. Because of this, my skin does seem to be able to breathe and so far - has not caused me problems.

HOWEVER, if you have had past issues with MAC face products - I can't vouch for it. I am no idealist and realize how much hell MAC products can wreak on some people's skin. For that reason, I recommend you get a sample - Most counters will give generous samples good for more than a week's use. With Studio Finish/Full Coverage, your sample may very well last you a month or more.

This concealer is thick, and emollient based. Because of this, it "melts" onto my skin and gives me a perfected finish that I've never been able to achieve with other, oil free liquid or cream foundations. A little goes a long way and this makes blending incredibly essential to making this concealer look good. You will need to work the product over your skin, and in return - it will really perfect the surface. This covers my pitted acne scars and discolored marks better than anything I've ever used. Also - using the aforementioned "tap, stipple and blend" technique - It looks natural. Even the MAC Pro Store makeup artist was amazed that it was Full Coverage on my skin.

As a final note - Full Coverage and Studio Finish shades on the website may seem less than complete, but freestanding stores and Pro stores have a selection that you may be able to find shades you didn't realize existed. My Pro Store carries C25 - a shade long disappeared from the regular line of MAC face products.

Below is the ingredient list. Note the difference between the two is titanium dioxide, the sunscreen ingredient.

Full Coverage Foundation:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid

Studio Finish Concealer SPF35:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid

35 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by MMedina112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, after reading good and bad reviews about this foundation, I decided to go to the MAC store and buy this, I have oily skin, lots of dark little acne scars, but my facial skin is pretty acne free although I have those little pesky scars, I am the type of girl who likes a flawless face everyday so I gave this a try and it gives me what I have been searching for, and trust me I have been to many counters and have had good experiences, but this ones is really best. I have had foundations from chanel, other MAC ones, shiseido, givenchy, bobbi brown, smashbox, clinique, and many others and the only ones that has given my similar coverage is the CHANEL one, but only becuase i use the DPF compact over the prolumiere, but just a light application. This full coverage foundation gives ,me full coverage look, and i dont have to apply concealer. which i love, it is really easy to apply and blend, becuase of its creamy consistency, and trsut me a little goes a very long way with this foundation, I use a foundation brush and it work very good with a very even finish, which i love. Overall this is a great foundation, the only minor problem if it can be called that is that they have a very small shade range, and I usually use NC40, and the closest to that is C4, becuase I'm a little more yellow toned anyways, and the NW40 is horribly pink on MY skin, and I hate looking pink, the C40 is good shade, but I would have liked to see if the NC40 should be an EXACT shade. overall a great product that withstands my oilyness throught the day and has great staying power. Will repurchase after its finished, which will be in a very very long time i think.