MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 9/22/2008 2:07:00 PM

One of the main problems with fair skin is to find a foundation that is fair enough w/o being too pink and blendable enough not to pool in pores to give a black-head reverse look- pores filled with very light foundation. Now we have tons of super modern designed foundations that look very skinlike and have great other features like airbrush formulas,silocne .....but when used w/o a primer all this fails as foundations for light skin always end up looking bad due to the reverse-pore look. This foundation is a classic cream foundation ,nothing fancy- it's very affortable considering how much you get and how little you need. it leaves skin looking fantastic with lovely sheen that can be easily adjusted to a matte finish by simply applying powder and it gives a very generous amount of time before it sets, making is foolproof. This photographs perfectly and if you are just starting out as a MUA and try saving some cash and get this in several neutral shades. it's easy to mix and really works with every skintype. For those who want to use this as a concealer: this can be used as a concealer but imo it's not worth paying 30$ for a lifetime supply of concealer just to realize products have a shelf-life and especially this product since it is a very open container & a cream- throw it out after 12-18 months (THIS is bacteria central,if you don't plan on removing a small amount with a spatula each time!!!) .
I personally hate foundation and i haven't found a foundation that improves my looks in anyway- but when i need a little cover i would pick this over anything else. Especially, since i can have oily skin with occasional peeling- this doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't really contribute to the oilies. let's say it provides a nice amount of pigment to my face w/o obvious foundation look and looks just like nice healthy skin and since you only need a tiny bit-it feels soooo much lighter on skin that other products (eww-to studio fix fluid & co). I just tried tarte's smooth operator,that everybody here seem to love and sorry, it was way too heavy and cakey...no matter how little i applied( and from all the blending attempts my skin started peeling-eww! lol) Another plus point is that this never seperates - not in the container nor on the skin. that's something else i really dislike about foundation ...it seems that a lot of foundations seem to seperate on the skin and require many touch ups troughout the day- not this product!

on 9/19/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't comment on this as an overall face foundation. I'm using it as a concealer for a few spots of hypopigmentation on my face. No foundation or concealer I tried would reduce it's obviousness because the trick was I needed to use a really dark foundation on those spots, NC 40. I like the fact that MAC has a wide color range, and I think this is better and cheaper than Color FX. Like everyone is saying, use a brush not a sponge.

on 6/18/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wot can i say?! This product is amaaaazzzinnggg!! I love it! It's a thick foundation that covers absolutly anything and does not make it look cakey!! I have acne and usually some foundations tend to make my skin look flakey and oily n just generally quite bad!! But this one stays put, covers everything and makes my skin look naturally quite nice!! I admit i did feel this pain in my chest when paying for this product but since then i have no regrets! You put so little on that this product is actually worth all the money you paid since it'll last so long!!! The packaging could be better, i think a mirror would be nice but all in all a very good product and i will be buying this FOR YEAAARRSSS TO COME!! (unless they discontinue it then im buggered!!!)

on 5/29/2008 7:39:00 AM

so this is my first review here, even though i've been lurking for quite some time now. after working in the cosmetic industry and as a makeup artist for several years, i've tried a lot of products and this is one of my favorites.

the consistency is very thick; you absolutely must "warm" the product up with your foundation brush until it is more of a liquid. if you do that, it's hard to make the foundation look cakey. i am a male, and prefer a full coverage, but i'd like to think that people can't even tell that i'm wearing this. if it's going on cakey, chances are you haven't warmed it up enough or are applying too much.

if after you've warmed it up you're not getting enough coverage, go back over the area and stipple (pat and blend) the foundation to build the texture that you want. layers are always better than one big gloopy mess!
also, i'd recommend a good moisturizer and a primer to help prevent the flakies. i've found that pulling too hard with the brush (didn't warm it up enough) will also cause those.

full coverage foundation does have jojoba seed oil in it, so if you tend to get shiny, set it with a loose powder by pressing the powder onto the more oily areas, wait a minute, and dust away any excess. (in cosmetics "oil free" means that there is no mineral oil in the product.)

as for application, i use either the 190 or 191 brush, warm it up, then apply all over, stippling in areas that need/want more coverage. afterwards i take the 182 brush and buff it out to make everything smoother. i then mist it with fix+, let that absorb, and set with blot powder/loose in medium because i get rather oily. i use C25, which looks quite yellow, but it warms up to my skintone quite nicely.

sorry, i know i rambled quite a bit, but i wanted to address some of the issues/concerns people are having with this foundationt. hope i helped! if not used the right way it can certainly look a mess.

on 5/20/2008 2:36:00 AM

This is by far the best foundation I've ever used. Because it's so pigmented, I can get a really nice, even skin tone while hardly having any gunk on my face. The trick is to use a kabuki brush for the majority of the face just to even it out - this makes it very buildable and leaves no texture. Then, if there are dark marks to cover, I stipple it on with a fingertip. It's the quickest makeup I've ever used because it goes on so flawlessly, and I don't have to futz with it for an hour to get it to go on right. I have very pale skin and a lot of redness to cover, so it's very hard to find a makeup that really covers *and* looks truly natural. This stuff is just fabulous, and I've never found anything else like it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pros - This foundation covers just about ANYTHING! I have dark skin with dark freckles and this makeup has hidden them perfectly! Great for photoshoots and everyday wear.

Cons - Maybe a little too much for people who want the 'natural look'. Does not work well in the sun where sweating occurs. Pretty expensive ((Usually about $27)).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this makeup, but I use it as a concealer before applying studio fix powder. I use to wear it as a foundation, but it looks heavy when applied all over and has to be touched up often. I like it better as a concealer more than any other concealer i've used.

on 4/20/2008 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful for photoshoots! Can achieve a very mannequin-like appearance with this. I do love this, but for me it's a bit too heavy for every day wear, which is why I have MUFE's Mat Velvet Plus. I like them both, but for photography, this one may have a slight edge, due to the fact that the coverage is so extreme, and the color range is unbeatable.

on 4/18/2008 1:05:00 PM

AMAZING FOUNDATION! really good coverage & you only need to apply it once or twice daily! It covers freckles really well! Worth the money!

on 4/4/2008 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is probably going to be my HG summer foundation. It is pretty much sweatproof, gives great coverage without looking heavy and is a perfect match for my skin.