MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 6/18/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wot can i say?! This product is amaaaazzzinnggg!! I love it! It's a thick foundation that covers absolutly anything and does not make it look cakey!! I have acne and usually some foundations tend to make my skin look flakey and oily n just generally quite bad!! But this one stays put, covers everything and makes my skin look naturally quite nice!! I admit i did feel this pain in my chest when paying for this product but since then i have no regrets! You put so little on that this product is actually worth all the money you paid since it'll last so long!!! The packaging could be better, i think a mirror would be nice but all in all a very good product and i will be buying this FOR YEAAARRSSS TO COME!! (unless they discontinue it then im buggered!!!)

on 5/29/2008 7:39:00 AM

so this is my first review here, even though i've been lurking for quite some time now. after working in the cosmetic industry and as a makeup artist for several years, i've tried a lot of products and this is one of my favorites.

the consistency is very thick; you absolutely must "warm" the product up with your foundation brush until it is more of a liquid. if you do that, it's hard to make the foundation look cakey. i am a male, and prefer a full coverage, but i'd like to think that people can't even tell that i'm wearing this. if it's going on cakey, chances are you haven't warmed it up enough or are applying too much.

if after you've warmed it up you're not getting enough coverage, go back over the area and stipple (pat and blend) the foundation to build the texture that you want. layers are always better than one big gloopy mess!
also, i'd recommend a good moisturizer and a primer to help prevent the flakies. i've found that pulling too hard with the brush (didn't warm it up enough) will also cause those.

full coverage foundation does have jojoba seed oil in it, so if you tend to get shiny, set it with a loose powder by pressing the powder onto the more oily areas, wait a minute, and dust away any excess. (in cosmetics "oil free" means that there is no mineral oil in the product.)

as for application, i use either the 190 or 191 brush, warm it up, then apply all over, stippling in areas that need/want more coverage. afterwards i take the 182 brush and buff it out to make everything smoother. i then mist it with fix+, let that absorb, and set with blot powder/loose in medium because i get rather oily. i use C25, which looks quite yellow, but it warms up to my skintone quite nicely.

sorry, i know i rambled quite a bit, but i wanted to address some of the issues/concerns people are having with this foundationt. hope i helped! if not used the right way it can certainly look a mess.

on 5/20/2008 2:36:00 AM

This is by far the best foundation I've ever used. Because it's so pigmented, I can get a really nice, even skin tone while hardly having any gunk on my face. The trick is to use a kabuki brush for the majority of the face just to even it out - this makes it very buildable and leaves no texture. Then, if there are dark marks to cover, I stipple it on with a fingertip. It's the quickest makeup I've ever used because it goes on so flawlessly, and I don't have to futz with it for an hour to get it to go on right. I have very pale skin and a lot of redness to cover, so it's very hard to find a makeup that really covers *and* looks truly natural. This stuff is just fabulous, and I've never found anything else like it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pros - This foundation covers just about ANYTHING! I have dark skin with dark freckles and this makeup has hidden them perfectly! Great for photoshoots and everyday wear.

Cons - Maybe a little too much for people who want the 'natural look'. Does not work well in the sun where sweating occurs. Pretty expensive ((Usually about $27)).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this makeup, but I use it as a concealer before applying studio fix powder. I use to wear it as a foundation, but it looks heavy when applied all over and has to be touched up often. I like it better as a concealer more than any other concealer i've used.

on 4/20/2008 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful for photoshoots! Can achieve a very mannequin-like appearance with this. I do love this, but for me it's a bit too heavy for every day wear, which is why I have MUFE's Mat Velvet Plus. I like them both, but for photography, this one may have a slight edge, due to the fact that the coverage is so extreme, and the color range is unbeatable.

on 4/18/2008 1:05:00 PM

AMAZING FOUNDATION! really good coverage & you only need to apply it once or twice daily! It covers freckles really well! Worth the money!

on 4/4/2008 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is probably going to be my HG summer foundation. It is pretty much sweatproof, gives great coverage without looking heavy and is a perfect match for my skin.

on 3/28/2008 7:02:00 AM

I bought this foundation because my skin was going through breakout for a couple of months and had few blemishes left and i needed a foundatio that was going to give me good coverage. in mac foundations i normally use studio fix fluid in shade nc42 or studio tech in shade nc40.therefore the lady in london at MAC said nearest shade to this skin colour is only one shade which is c40.The shade is perfect when i applied the foundation has a slight sweet smell .I applied with sponge first time and yes it gives excellent coverage you have to be very careful of how much of this stuff u apply as alittle goes a long way.it makes my skin look flAWless and is definitely worth it if u want really good full coverage. Ijust didnt feel comfortable wearing the foundation even though i use laura mercier primer beauty flash balm or mac primer.i just felt i had alot on my face even though it looked great on it just felt slightly heavy to me. would definte;y reccommend to anyone who wants full coverage but slightly heavy feel.i havent used a better full coverage foundation than this.Other foundations i have used and reccommend .....Laura mercier silk creme foundation if u r the shades i stated then u will need shade cashew beige also armani in 6.5 .i am going to stick to my studio fix fluid at the moment when i need fuller coverage but for everyday use i havent found anything that can beat CHANEL VITALUMIERE LIQUID IN SHADE NATUREL 50 IF U ARE ABOVE SHADES.IT GIVES MY SKIN GOOD COVERAGE AND CANT NOITCE PORES.jUST MY SKIN LOOKS POLISHED AND HEALTHY .
I AM EDITING THIS REVIEW ...as after a wedding recently i noticed in pictuyres i wouldnt ever wear this foundation again as i returned it my pores got clogged and looked tad grey on my face i have yellow undertones but if u go to a mac counter then have it tried on u would be better

on 3/14/2008 3:17:00 PM

Sorry to put a damper on all the raves, but I do not find this product to be all that. It's true I haven't tried applying it with a brush, but I've tried various other methods and, while it does cover, I cannot say that it covers without looking masky. It does look masky if I put on enough to get full coverage. On the other hand, if applied sheerly and carefully, it goes on nice and natural but - doesn't cover. So I might as well just use liquid foundation and have done with it. The shade I have is C25, which is actually not that yellow. I have extreme yellow tones in my neck and body, less so in my face, so my foundation is a constant balancing act between evening out the difference and looking too yellow. This shade is okay but the one I actually bought seems less yellow than the tester (strangely enough). I probably won't use this foundation much as it is too much of a hassle to put on for not enough results. Verdict: underwhelmed.