October 1, 2014 | 1934 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I bought this for my face for the pool beach etc, and I actually use it daily over my moisturizer. I found that when I am outside in our humid summers, I sweat off my moisturizer with spf, so I needed to figure something else out. I decided to try this under my makeup to see how it worked. Actually, it's not bad. Don't get me wrong, it is not 100% ideal, I much rather just use normal moisturizer, but I also like my spf protection all day. I would say it makes my face slightly shiny, but not by a lot and I can easily combat the shine with powder. I have not had any breakouts and this has kept me from getting freckles on my face from no spf later in the day. I like this and although i won't use it in the winter when I dont sweat during the day, i will continue to use it all summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by dbcelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only used this on my body. Not sure if I'm slathering too much on but it leaves a white film and rubs off on my clothes. For ex, if I'm wearing a a black shirt and my sleeve touches a part on my arm that has the sunscreen on, it'll leave a white streak (like a deodarant stain). It went on dry the first couple times I used it but then got oily...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pureskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the facial sunscreens I've tried, this one doesn't make my face look shiny. It also doesn't leave my face with a whitish tint, and doesn't irritate my skin. It blocks the UV rays well, and stays on the face pretty good, even when sweating. I'm not sure as to how well the sunscreen remains on the skin after swimming. The price is slightly above average. After the summer season, sunscreens are usually reduced in price. Be sure to look at the date, and use it before expiry. I like the slim tube, makes for easy packing. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ana333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very very oily...made me break out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I have never used this product on my face, but I keep a tube of it in my car to apply to my hands and arms while driving. I've been very happy with it, using it this way.
When I repurchase, I will get a higher SPF rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by divadriver

Ok I love this sunblock because it does not leave my face white, oily or dry. However, after doing some research I found that the chemicals that this product contains (Avobenzone, Oxybenzone and Parabens) are so bad for our skin. I have melasma (dark spots on my face) which get darker with the sun. This chemical sunblock does not reflect the sun but allows it to go through my skin. Right now I'm trying to find a natural sunscreen... it is not easy since they are too oily. Overall, I would rate this product as excellent if it did not have all those terrible chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by fantarage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This would have been perfect--the wear, protection, feel, and application were great, but the second day after I used it, 3 little pimples popped up on my clear skin, and on the third day (after using it only two days), I developed a massive, full-on breakout (and in areas I never break out) that took two weeks to calm down. This was the only new product I've used on my skin for months, so I KNOW it was this. Ugh. Basically a breakout in a tube for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Fleet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for several months now, and I believe I've decided it's not for me. My very dry skin requires I use a heavy moisturizer, and maybe that is why it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I haven't ever gotten a silicon-based face product to work for me, whether it be a primer, foundation, or what have you (Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Monistat Anti-chafing Gel, Smashbox primer, etc). I think it must work better for oily skin. When I put my foundation over this sunscreen it rolls up like dead skin. In fact, one day my husband actually noticed it before I did that I'd left the house with flakes that looked just like peeling skin after a sunburn stuck to my face. The same thing happens with every silicon product I've use, no matter how thinly I apply it or how long I wait for it to dry.

I've switched to the new Cetaphil face sunscreen and while it leave the skin looking more dewy, at least I can get my makeup to apply over it evenly, and get almost the same SPF with wide UVA/UVB protection. I wish this had worked for me since it isn't as reflective as other sunscreens I've tried, but it messes up my makeup too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by carolinekan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I only got this product because apparently in my country they don't sell the Pure & Free Baby SPF 60, but I'm really happy with it. I'm rather paranoid about sunscreens making my face look like an oil slick, but this really did the trick. I bought it on impulse one day and decided to try it on in the car (I moisturized maybe 2 hours before?) and it didn't dry out my skin or anything, and left a somewhat dewy finish. I was initially a little apprehensive because it is rather thick, and doesn't explicitly state that it's for the face (though under instructions it does say "apply liberally on face and body"). I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry skin, considering how my normal already moisturized skin did dry out a little. I do like that it comes in a little squeeze tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

Sigh, what can I say? The hunt for the perfect sunscreen never seems to end. This sunscreen isn't bad if your skin is completely exfoliated, smooth, and moisturized before you use it. However, if it isn't it's either too drying or it doesn't absorb well. I'm using retinol at night and that gives me skin flakes. This just makes the flakes look even worse. It doesn't clog my pores or anything, but it is a bit too drying and thick. So that costs my skin to produce more oil resulting in a shiny face. However, if your skin is smooth and extra hydrated, this sunscreen does work pretty well although it's still annoyingly thick. I prefer a more fluid and spreadable formula. I have looked at the department store brands like Clarins and Shiseido but they're either too drying (Clarins) or too annoying to wash off because you need a cleansing oil to do it (Shiseido). I am going to try the Neutrogena dry touch spf 30 (even though it's unstable) or the healthy defense moisturizer with spf 45 (kind of expensive for me though) next and see what happens.

Edit: on the other hand, I must say that this sunscreen really works. When I was on vacation and out in the sun everyday for a week, my skin did not get burnt at all.