Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

on 9/15/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Absolutely, the best sunblock I have used.
It does not : smell / sting / glob / create shine / or slide off.
It works, and has become one of my all time favourites.

I have very dry skin and cannot tolerate some blocks as they are irritating.
I am a makeup gypsy - I am not loyal to many products -but this is as close to perfect as possible.
My skin care doctor uses it, as well.

THIS IS NOT A MOISTURIZER. USE OVER YOUR MOISTURIZER...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's one of the few sunscreens that I'm not allergic to and it doesn't have that terrible sunscreen smell. It dries pretty quick so I'm not left with a layer of sunscreen on my hands after which I adore. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey. But I will definately repurchase.

on 8/31/2009 9:49:00 PM

I bought this for my face for the pool beach etc, and I actually use it daily over my moisturizer. I found that when I am outside in our humid summers, I sweat off my moisturizer with spf, so I needed to figure something else out. I decided to try this under my makeup to see how it worked. Actually, it's not bad. Don't get me wrong, it is not 100% ideal, I much rather just use normal moisturizer, but I also like my spf protection all day. I would say it makes my face slightly shiny, but not by a lot and I can easily combat the shine with powder. I have not had any breakouts and this has kept me from getting freckles on my face from no spf later in the day. I like this and although i won't use it in the winter when I dont sweat during the day, i will continue to use it all summer.

on 8/31/2009 11:28:00 AM

I only used this on my body. Not sure if I'm slathering too much on but it leaves a white film and rubs off on my clothes. For ex, if I'm wearing a a black shirt and my sleeve touches a part on my arm that has the sunscreen on, it'll leave a white streak (like a deodarant stain). It went on dry the first couple times I used it but then got oily...

on 8/20/2009 11:48:00 PM

Of all the facial sunscreens I've tried, this one doesn't make my face look shiny. It also doesn't leave my face with a whitish tint, and doesn't irritate my skin. It blocks the UV rays well, and stays on the face pretty good, even when sweating. I'm not sure as to how well the sunscreen remains on the skin after swimming. The price is slightly above average. After the summer season, sunscreens are usually reduced in price. Be sure to look at the date, and use it before expiry. I like the slim tube, makes for easy packing. Will buy again.

on 8/20/2009 12:16:00 AM

very very oily...made me break out

on 8/19/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never used this product on my face, but I keep a tube of it in my car to apply to my hands and arms while driving. I've been very happy with it, using it this way.
When I repurchase, I will get a higher SPF rating.

on 8/15/2009 4:29:00 PM

Ok I love this sunblock because it does not leave my face white, oily or dry. However, after doing some research I found that the chemicals that this product contains (Avobenzone, Oxybenzone and Parabens) are so bad for our skin. I have melasma (dark spots on my face) which get darker with the sun. This chemical sunblock does not reflect the sun but allows it to go through my skin. Right now I'm trying to find a natural sunscreen... it is not easy since they are too oily. Overall, I would rate this product as excellent if it did not have all those terrible chemicals.

on 8/9/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This would have been perfect--the wear, protection, feel, and application were great, but the second day after I used it, 3 little pimples popped up on my clear skin, and on the third day (after using it only two days), I developed a massive, full-on breakout (and in areas I never break out) that took two weeks to calm down. This was the only new product I've used on my skin for months, so I KNOW it was this. Ugh. Basically a breakout in a tube for me.

on 7/28/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for several months now, and I believe I've decided it's not for me. My very dry skin requires I use a heavy moisturizer, and maybe that is why it just doesn't seem to work for me.

I haven't ever gotten a silicon-based face product to work for me, whether it be a primer, foundation, or what have you (Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Monistat Anti-chafing Gel, Smashbox primer, etc). I think it must work better for oily skin. When I put my foundation over this sunscreen it rolls up like dead skin. In fact, one day my husband actually noticed it before I did that I'd left the house with flakes that looked just like peeling skin after a sunburn stuck to my face. The same thing happens with every silicon product I've use, no matter how thinly I apply it or how long I wait for it to dry.

I've switched to the new Cetaphil face sunscreen and while it leave the skin looking more dewy, at least I can get my makeup to apply over it evenly, and get almost the same SPF with wide UVA/UVB protection. I wish this had worked for me since it isn't as reflective as other sunscreens I've tried, but it messes up my makeup too much.