April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I must have gotten an exceptionally good tube of this the first time I tried this (I gave it the highest rating the first time I wrote this review), because after loving this mascara enough to purchase it again, I'm no longer a fan of it. The first tube I tried was fabulous--it lengthened, made my lashes look more voluminous (without clumping), and it didn't flake. I didn't get why it got so many bad reviews on here.
Now that I've purchased and used another tube of this stuff, I understand. It does give me a natural look (which I like for daytime), and it does lengthen and give me some volume. However, as others have said, most of the "volume" is achieved via clumping, and it flakes like crazy. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i actually liked this mascar my mom just bought it and gave it to me cause it was on sale at walgreens she aciidentally got it in black brown so whenever i use it i go over it with a black mascara i think its very lengthening and natural looking which i s almays main goal really so i think it does the job i think if you are looking for big false dramatic lashes this isn't for you which is why i probably won't buy this again but i may for the summer in black and waterproof beacause its very natural and thats what i like for summer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

Ew.
I got this for like $4 because Rite Aid had a BOGO50% and honestly thats still too much money for this mascara. Its clumpy yet adds no volume whatsoever...its spidery but adds no length whatsoever as well. What great combos. Plus its very dry looking (which is the reason I never wear WP mascara so I don't appreciate it when my non-wp look that dry as well). I typically like having two mascaras on hand..one for volume that I usually do when I do a full eye mu application and one that just gives some length but vey natural/no volume for when I do a very sheer eye mu application. This is an absolutely craptastic mascara for either. I will definitely never be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I don't mind this mascara, but I've used nicer ones. It clumps a bit, which I combed out, but I didn't have too much trouble waiting for it to dry. Good for my sensitive eyes...I accidentally got some in my eye (I poke myself with the product-laden tip), and waited for an infection or redness to set in, but none came, so I have to say Almay does live up to the "safe for sensitive eyes" line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this mascara. ive tried a lot of mascaras and this is my favorite so far. i have like super long and thick eyelashes naturally and this makes them darker and stand out really nicely. it isnt clumpy, goes on smoothly and doesnt flake or smude unless you sleep in it :). i dont understand the bad reviews =/. i hope they keep making this!!!!!!!! if you want a simple mascara that isnt over the top but makes your eyelashes stand out get this :). and my absolute favorite part is that they dont test it on animals!!!!!! i wont use animal tested make up!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It felt like it would never dry and clumped.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a bad mascara. It goes on quite clumpy, but you can usually sort that out with a couple more strokes. It definitely makes my lashes thicker and longer, but it can get a little bit messy.

The brush takes some getting used to, and I'm still not quite sure which side I like using better. The wand has a side with really short bristles, and longer bristles. One is supposed to elongate the lashes, while the other adds volume. You have to be quick to switch between the two, or the mascara will dry and clump all over the place.

I find this one smudges a little bit more than some of the other drugstore brands out there, so I give it a 3.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not a product for me. I have lots of friends who love it so I guess it's just one of those examples of the fact that not everything works for everyone. I have naturally long lashes and I like mascara that provides volume and length is a bonus but not necessary. This mascara just made my lashes look exactly like they already do, just darker. As mentioned, just didn't do anything for me. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by 209grl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far this is one of the better mascara's that i have purchased, you have to use several coats but it makes my lashes dark, thick and long and holds a curl well the only thing is a lot of mascara gets loaded on the brush and that can make for some clumping

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My kingdom for a mascara that does not become dry to the point of application problems after 2 weeks of use. And Almay will not be getting my kingdom. This is not a *bad* mascara -- the look is great on my naturally long, thick lashes. It defines, darkens and really (seriously) curls like woah. I'm exceedingly impressed with the way it opens up my eyes. It leaves lashes soft, but feels waxy; almost as though it's never going to dry. No smudges or flaking, but requires a Papal edict for removal which, depending upon perspective, could be either very good or very bad. I've used jojoba oil for ages and between that and my Weleda cleansing lotion I can honestly say that, since I started using this, I've never *not* had some left smudged under my eyes after cleansing. I'll finish the tube, but won't repurchase -- still like my MAC Plushlash better, and it's practically as cheap.