January 27, 2015 | 1137 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

***This review is dedicated to ALL Aussie who is comptemplating on buying this!..BEWARE its a bit of a ramble!***

Firstly, Clarisonic is not widely popular, nor widely available in Australia. The price for the Clarisonic in general(not just the pro) ranges from $229AUD - $389AUD, and brush heads ranges from $30AUD - $40AUD each!..That's a huge investment.
As far as I know, the Mia is not an option for Aussie since its not available in Australia as yet(unless people have a way of getting it here, but any reputable store or website in Australia with 100% genuine stock would not have it at all, and this is one purchase you do not want it to be fake).
MY SITUATION: I only started using makeup religiously within the last 2 years, When I first started using makeup I had absolutely perfect skin with just slight dark circles. Eventually my skin started to get worse, I was getting dry patches, acne breakout more often then usual, etc. Recently my skin was getting heaps worse, I realise I was wearing more makeup to hide the imperfection, and basically my skin was just miserable.
I've heard about Clarisonic several years ago, but dismiss it because of 3 reasons:
1. At the time it wasn't available in Australia, and even till now it is still not widely available. Even now, with the brush heads you either have to get it online, or go to a major Myer or DJ's to purchase, which is not convenient because I live in Penrith (any Sydneysiders would know how far out that is)
2. It was really pricey for the machine and the brush heads
3. The nature of how it works isn't all that convincing, a BRUSH vibrating(I can understand if it oscillation, but vibration? say I'm not educated, I dont think the average person can understand as well) on my delicate face? No thanks! I mean I use the sonic tooth brushes and when that hits my gum it bleeds and hurts, so can you imagine a bigger brush on your face?
Anyways my skin was getting soo bad, that I just had to give this a try, and hope for the best.
PURCHASE: I did soo much research on this, in terms of price, actually going to see it in person at Sydney Myer's in Pitt St, and research on the different types and the sort of function etc. I eventually purchase this online from a recommended online retailer of Clarisonic. Originally only wanted to purchase the Classic, but on the website(the cheapest I found in the whole entire Australia) their Classic and Pro was only a $40AUD difference, one thing lead to another and I got the whole entire Shebangs and ended up with the Pro.
INITIAL EXPERIENCE: When I first used this I had some cistic pimples, dry peeling skin on my nose and the top of my nose bridge, pimples that already burst and/or healing and also lumps on my face from pimples that will be forming soon, alot of white heads, and visible pores down the side of my nose bridge.
Anyways this came with a sensitive brush head, initially, and upon first use I didnt know how to program it, or what setting was appropriate for me. When I first place it on my face, I really did feel it scrubbing my face, it did feel like the brush bristle was digging into my skin, but was never anything painful or sore. And it was annoying everytime it beeped to tell me to move to a different area.
OUTCOME FOR INITIAL USE: I thought the bristles for the Sensitive was a little harsh, and I thought my face is going to be soo red...Actually no, My face was nice and shiny(not in an oily way off course), about 60% of my dry/dead skin removed. 2 thing I did notice, with my blemishes & breakout, it really whipped it RAW! OMGOODNESS! I had a little blood oozing out...so if you have breakouts, yes this will whip it raw, but my breakout were almost healed soo i didnt mind, it was literally gone in 2 days ! Also my the next morning the lumps on my face, that would have become a pimple actually disappeared... I was In love!
BODY FUNCTION: This I dont use too often, maybe once a week, only on arms and neck, only because it tickles a lot! I know a lot of people get these lumps bumps/ingrowns in the back of their arms, me included, but mine isn't too bad. This, teamed with a good body scrub really got rid of all those to give you absolutely smooth skin with continue use! I know my partner likes the body function, but I dont let him use it, this thing(the actual Clarisonic) goes on my face! Knowing men, they are not the cleanest creature!
MY ROUTINE NOW: I now learnt how to use my Clarisonic properly, and developed a routine that works best for me. I know a lot of people use this twice a day, I dont. I changed my setting to 2min without the beeps(that actually really annoys me), I use once at night every day, in the shower with my favourite cleanser! (NEVER USE THIS WITH A FACE SCRUB OR ANY ABRASIVE FACE CLEANSER). I change my face brush once every 6-8 weeks(sometimes 10 weeks) only because I do have 2 people using the same brush every week, me everyday my partner, when ever he remembers or feels like it.
RESULTS: I havent had a break out or pimple in ages, my skin is clear and actually glowing, my pores and whiteheads either have decreased in size or disappeared. Skincare creams/serum and makeup just glides on my face. I use to do full face makeup everyday and the coverage was never enough, but now I only wear concealer around my undereyes (which actually has improve drastically). I'm actually confident in my skin! I've heard alot about the "purging" phase..Never happened with me. If I use this 2 times a day, I feel its over kill, and also my face feels raw rather then fresh. It takes about 2 weeks to actually notice any real improvements honestly.

My THOUGHTS: Huge investment, but a worthy one. Honestly now that I think about it, I would have been fine with the mid range one. If you have perfect skin, you might think this pointless for you, but if your like me or worse, my advice is bite the bullet and get it! Also visit Clarisonic's Australian website to avoid FAKES

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this and really wanted to like it, but it made my acne rosacea skin worse. I broke out a bit, but nothing major. The redness on my cheeks got worse though and I found myself wearing more makeup to conceal it. I used the gentle brush on the lowest setting but I guess it was just too harsh for me. To be honest I didn't see a difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm glad I tried it, but I'm disappointed it didn't work for me. The good thing is you can get your money back after 30 days even if you've used it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by plie445

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good tool for acne-prone skin, but your skin will look worse before it looks better because it brings blemishes to the surface.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by katpower

Well, I have now had my Clarisonic Pro for about 1 week! I am quite frugal these days (out of neccesity) and the thought of shelling out the money for this was painful. However, my very dear friend works at a health and wellness clinic and was able to get it for me at the "wholesale" rate. So far I am very impressed and feel that if I were able to pay full price, I would have. My skin feels great, much smoother already and no irritations (yet?). I am most excited to use this on my neck and chest. I wish that I had taken care of these areas as well as I always have my face. My products do seem to absorb better, it's probably too soon to see any drastic improvements of course but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by renbo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was skeptical after a big push from the sales clerk at Nordstrom. I did not buy it at Nordstrom. I waited and did some online research. I bought the small (travel size) at Ulta. It's been a great investment. I have dry skin. I use it only ONCE daily, at night. Within a few days my skin felt better. WIthin a month I was getting compliments about my skin looking glowing. I can use less make-up now, some days just moisturizer. I use it with Cetaphil or Oil of Olay sensitive skin cleanser. I highly recommend it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

A considered purchase at the price but one well worth the money.

My skin is oily, acne prone and a complete mess. You think your skin is clean until you use this brush, then you KNOW it's clean.

If you have problem skin you definitely need to invest in this fantastic product

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Kayee1

Iv been going through a really bad phase with spots on my chin(the type that are more like red and White bumps and they do not have a head so i couldn't even get it out and when I squeezed them it left scars!) , whiteheads under my lower lips and millias on the side of my cheeks which were increasing in amounts per week(yes I counted them! )- they just wouldn't budge . My face was basically a mess and it felt dirty !Iv tried lots of products with retinol , salicylic acid..etc but they just irritated the healthy skin around the problem areas so after seeing a high number of excellent reviews-I got the clarisonic pro brush and iv been using it for about 4 days. Surprisingly I saw the results after the second day. My chin has calmed down and the scars are fading and the millias looks flatter.even my boyfriend who is oblivious about things like that has commented on the improvement. He said my pores look cleaner! I was worried when I started using it coz iv heard some real bad reviews about the skin purging but it didn't happen to me-hopefully this won't happen in the future. The brush is totally worth every penny. The amount of money iv spent on fixing my face previously was more than the brush is worth!I'm shocked how good it gets after such a short space of time. I'd definately buy one again if this one ever breaks after the 2 year warranty!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by LAGirlToo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic brush single-handedly cleared up my face. I don't want this to sound like an ad, but it is the one product I cannot live without. When people were first telling me about it, I was extremely skeptical. Like, "what is a stupid vibrating brush going to do for me?" Let me tell you, it has done wonders.

It really digs the makeup out of your pores and keeps your face fresh and clean without the irritation of harsh manual scrubs. Also, if you use mineral make-up you will need the Clarisonic. It is the only thing that really helps bring to the surface the mineral makeup that tends to settle deep in the pores.

It has been a godsend. If I don't use it daily, I definitely see a difference and I start to have small breakouts. The Clarisonic brush has saved my skin. I admit it is pretty expensive but it's something you will constantly use. I suggest you invest in your skin and stop wasting money on expensive soaps and scrubs. This brush and any mild, drugstore cleanser will do the trick. I use mine twice a day but some people are more sensitive and just do it a few days a week. See what schedule works for you, but the point is, it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by karamelsutra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received my clarisonic yesterday from qvc and used it for the first time today.. and i LOVE it! for the past few days my skin has been flaking due to some dryness. it was really bad on my cheek and chin. I believe this helped get rid the dead skin cells and reduced the flakiness. My skin feels so smooth and i love the fact that i can use this daily.
**UPDATE: My acne scars have faded and my skin looks brighter. Dry skin and flakiness diminished. This also helps to keep pimples at bay. With the extra exfoliation plus acne treatment helps the pimples heal faster and helps with post acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in a set along with some Philosophy products from Sephora about a year ago. I used it faithfully until a couple months ago because I felt it was just an unneeded item. Well, my skin didn't like that idea and started looking ruddy and breaking out. I realized in this past year, my skin was looking great compared to how it was say two years ago. I started to use it again this past week and already my skin is perking up. It is expensive, yes, but it was probably the wisest beauty product purchase I have ever made. I totally recommend it. Just give it time and stick with a routine. The key is using it regularly and being patient. I think i did purge when I started using it, so beware of that..and don't freak out!

Skin is so unique and varies from person to person but for reference, my main trigger to purchase the product was to help with hyperpigmentation from acne and minor wrinkles. I have combo skin but I suffer a breakout every now and then which is usually triggered by experimenting with a new foundation. I am trying to get rid of another batch of scars so I will be sure to update my review if my skin condition improves.