October 2, 2014 | 1055 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by katpower

Well, I have now had my Clarisonic Pro for about 1 week! I am quite frugal these days (out of neccesity) and the thought of shelling out the money for this was painful. However, my very dear friend works at a health and wellness clinic and was able to get it for me at the "wholesale" rate. So far I am very impressed and feel that if I were able to pay full price, I would have. My skin feels great, much smoother already and no irritations (yet?). I am most excited to use this on my neck and chest. I wish that I had taken care of these areas as well as I always have my face. My products do seem to absorb better, it's probably too soon to see any drastic improvements of course but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by renbo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was skeptical after a big push from the sales clerk at Nordstrom. I did not buy it at Nordstrom. I waited and did some online research. I bought the small (travel size) at Ulta. It's been a great investment. I have dry skin. I use it only ONCE daily, at night. Within a few days my skin felt better. WIthin a month I was getting compliments about my skin looking glowing. I can use less make-up now, some days just moisturizer. I use it with Cetaphil or Oil of Olay sensitive skin cleanser. I highly recommend it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

A considered purchase at the price but one well worth the money.

My skin is oily, acne prone and a complete mess. You think your skin is clean until you use this brush, then you KNOW it's clean.

If you have problem skin you definitely need to invest in this fantastic product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Kayee1

Iv been going through a really bad phase with spots on my chin(the type that are more like red and White bumps and they do not have a head so i couldn't even get it out and when I squeezed them it left scars!) , whiteheads under my lower lips and millias on the side of my cheeks which were increasing in amounts per week(yes I counted them! )- they just wouldn't budge . My face was basically a mess and it felt dirty !Iv tried lots of products with retinol , salicylic acid..etc but they just irritated the healthy skin around the problem areas so after seeing a high number of excellent reviews-I got the clarisonic pro brush and iv been using it for about 4 days. Surprisingly I saw the results after the second day. My chin has calmed down and the scars are fading and the millias looks flatter.even my boyfriend who is oblivious about things like that has commented on the improvement. He said my pores look cleaner! I was worried when I started using it coz iv heard some real bad reviews about the skin purging but it didn't happen to me-hopefully this won't happen in the future. The brush is totally worth every penny. The amount of money iv spent on fixing my face previously was more than the brush is worth!I'm shocked how good it gets after such a short space of time. I'd definately buy one again if this one ever breaks after the 2 year warranty!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by LAGirlToo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Clarisonic brush single-handedly cleared up my face. I don't want this to sound like an ad, but it is the one product I cannot live without. When people were first telling me about it, I was extremely skeptical. Like, "what is a stupid vibrating brush going to do for me?" Let me tell you, it has done wonders.

It really digs the makeup out of your pores and keeps your face fresh and clean without the irritation of harsh manual scrubs. Also, if you use mineral make-up you will need the Clarisonic. It is the only thing that really helps bring to the surface the mineral makeup that tends to settle deep in the pores.

It has been a godsend. If I don't use it daily, I definitely see a difference and I start to have small breakouts. The Clarisonic brush has saved my skin. I admit it is pretty expensive but it's something you will constantly use. I suggest you invest in your skin and stop wasting money on expensive soaps and scrubs. This brush and any mild, drugstore cleanser will do the trick. I use mine twice a day but some people are more sensitive and just do it a few days a week. See what schedule works for you, but the point is, it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by karamelsutra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received my clarisonic yesterday from qvc and used it for the first time today.. and i LOVE it! for the past few days my skin has been flaking due to some dryness. it was really bad on my cheek and chin. I believe this helped get rid the dead skin cells and reduced the flakiness. My skin feels so smooth and i love the fact that i can use this daily.
**UPDATE: My acne scars have faded and my skin looks brighter. Dry skin and flakiness diminished. This also helps to keep pimples at bay. With the extra exfoliation plus acne treatment helps the pimples heal faster and helps with post acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in a set along with some Philosophy products from Sephora about a year ago. I used it faithfully until a couple months ago because I felt it was just an unneeded item. Well, my skin didn't like that idea and started looking ruddy and breaking out. I realized in this past year, my skin was looking great compared to how it was say two years ago. I started to use it again this past week and already my skin is perking up. It is expensive, yes, but it was probably the wisest beauty product purchase I have ever made. I totally recommend it. Just give it time and stick with a routine. The key is using it regularly and being patient. I think i did purge when I started using it, so beware of that..and don't freak out!

Skin is so unique and varies from person to person but for reference, my main trigger to purchase the product was to help with hyperpigmentation from acne and minor wrinkles. I have combo skin but I suffer a breakout every now and then which is usually triggered by experimenting with a new foundation. I am trying to get rid of another batch of scars so I will be sure to update my review if my skin condition improves.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

With a product like this I think it's helpful to update my results as a guide for others. My skin can be best described as fair, cool, dry, sensitive with early signs of sun damage and age spots/light wrinkles. I should also mention I recently swapped from using sorbelene cream to cetaphil moisturising cream for dry, sensitive skin as I realised sorbelene was really drying my skin out. For reference, I am using the clarisonic sensitive head.

Day 1: Skin was very inflamed on the cheeks immediately after use; however skin already looked smoother and glowing. Used (am using) the cleansing lotion sample that came with clarisonic.
Day 2: Skin looks healthier, skin did not get inflamed after use. Pin sized acne has appeared on a few places on my cheeks (never ever had acne there before).
Day 3: Skin still looks fresh, but more acne has appeared on my cheeks and side of my face.
Day 4: Stopped using clarisonic cleanser and used cetaphil cleanser for sensitive skin instead. No more breakouts and skin feels better.
Day 5: No more acne. Skin looks glowing, fresh, smooth and healthy. Fine wrinkles around eyes improved- but not gone. Pores still visible (but only if I lean close to a mirror). Skin tone has markedly improved!

So, after one week of using the clarisonic I'm very pleased with the results. My skin has acquired a softer feel and look and generally feels "happier". The tight, dry feeling has completely gone. Unfortunately, as I switched using sorbelene to cetaphil moisturising cream, I'm not sure how much is the clarisonic and how much is the new moisturiser. Pretty sure it's 99.9% the clarisonic's doing. Oh, and despite what other people have said, the clarisonic DOES exfoliate the skin. Unless you have the skin of a rhinoceros, then I'm pretty sure a giant brush whizzing over your face will polish and lightly exfoliate your skin. I was very nervous purchasing this rather expensive product but it's proven its worth thus far a hundred times over. I'm a cynical person and I've been convinced. Will update again if I notice any further +ve or -ve changes in my skin. My only advice would be to use the cleanser that agrees with your skin rather than the samples that come with the clarisonic. I'm certain they are what caused my initial acne flare ups (I don't believe in this so called "skin purging" I've read about). They stopped completely as soon as I switched to cetaphil. All in all an excellent investment for my skin and my appearance!
UPDATE: It's been 2 weeks now and my skin has no breakouts and looks healthier and fresher than it has in years. My makeup applies evenly and I find myself using a lot less of it as my skin appearance has improved beyond my expectations. I look younger. I've started using the clarisonic twice a day- morning and evening and my skin is handling it fine. I wish wish wish I'd bought one of these miracle wands years ago.
2nd UPDATE: So it's been a few months now and my skin remains smooth and healthier/younger feeling/looking. Have learned though, that you shouldn't use it evening and morning- once a day is enough- as it can agitate the skin and cause breakouts. When this happened, I let my skin "settle" and stopped using the clarisonic for a few days. Other than that- it's marvellous.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by JaneAnstee

I bought a Clarisonic Plus (the one that can be used on the face and the body) about 2 months ago in the hope that it would combat my rosacea. It has done that and so much more! My facial skin is as smooth as satin and about 95% of my rosacea has cleared. I use my Clarisonic once a day (at night) to thoroughly remove all traces of makeup - I use it with Ren No 1 Purity Cleansing Balm and the results speak for themselves. MORE than happy with my purchase and I would thoroughly recommend this device to others with troubled skin. At 179 this device was a serious investment, but I'd happily pay that all over again for the benefits I'm reaping from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kdenae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE my Clarisonic Pro!!! I bought it about 8 months ago and it's a life changer!! I have oily skin and before if was very acne prone. I was so sick and extremely embarrased of my acne and tried everything I could to get rid of it!! I tried different acne solutions and brushes and what not- nothing worked!! Through a searies of things I've come to the conclusion a lot of it was hormonal because when I got my Clarisona I thought I would have fast amazing results and sad to say I did not. But it did help! It made my face smoother and the acne seamed to heal faster. After getting the hormonal part dealt with my acne really subsided, Withing 3 months my fave was and has remained completely clear, smooth, and radient. I love my skin now!! I have to say the clarisonic rerally helped make it heal up faster by keeping it clean and removing all my make up and stuff on my face, also exfoliating and everything else. I feel my acne healed up faster and my scars seam to fade faster, I just makes my skin look great! Best it's ever looked even better than before I had acne. I love it!!