August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was particularly good when I had a face full of cystic acne and on a regimen that required lots of benzoyl peroxide. Because my face was so sensitive due to the massive amounts of BP, this cleanser did not make my condition worse. Nor did it make me break out. However, since my face has cleared, I 'm not finding much use for it. It does not take off makeup, so you will need a separate cleanser for that. It is rather spendy and I find the Wal-Mart knock off more economical and much less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never had horrible acne as a teenager, but I have always had a few zits on my face at any given time. I also do have blackheads on my nose and chin, which are stubborn and difficult to get rid of.

I had always been on birth control, so my face really wasn't that awful. However, about a year ago after going off of the birth control (trying to get pregnant) my skin went absolutely nuts. I had large, cystic acne on my cheeks and chin and that's never been an issue before. I kept reading about Cetaphil and after seeing a video where Wayne Goss recommended it I figured I had nothing to lose.

I have been using it now for nearly six months or so and I'm scared to try anything else. My skin is not perfect and I still have blackheads/the occasional breakout BUT this has calmed it down so much. I use the Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water to take off my makeup, then this cleanser.

I don't see myself switching anytime soon as this is keeping my face calm and happy for the time being. I don't find it to be a miracle cure for acne by any means, but, I would recommend it if you want a mild cleanser that will help keep your face calm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by tessahillie

After a long struggle with my stubborn teenage acne and using several harsh treatments that definitely made things worse rather than better, I decided to try the Cetaphil gentle wash. After I used this I would apply a treatment and moisturizer. All I can say is that it wasn't THE BEST ever. It foams up after lathering it in your hands, just like normal hand soap. The pros is that it doesn't have a scent (which I preferred) and it doesn't burn or sting. Cons is that is doesn't do much for stubborn acne since it has no acne fighting ingredients. Although, since it's gentler than most face washes, it did help some. I would definitely recommend using a treatment afterwards instead of just washing your face with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by ImeldaJane

When I read all the reviews for this product I thought YES this could be the product that helps me cure my acne once and for all, did it? ,,,,,,NO.

it actually made it so worse, like it gave me really sore acne around my chin, would be at work and it would feel like my face is burning. I paid 12 for it.

So on the search once again, I've been doing a lot of research and that taking dairy altogether out of my diet will help, so I've started doing that this week, and also got Jericho dead sea mud soap on Amazon, but first thing tonight I'm putting sudacream on my extreamly painful pimples this stupid product gave me to sooth it, suda cream is great for soothing but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

The only cleanser that does not irritate my skin or cause acne. It rinses clean & it does take off my makeup. I have tried many cleansers & I always return to this one! Helps calm my Rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like Cetaphil, but I like Spectro better. They are both really good, very mild cleansers which every man, woman and child should have in their arsanal. If you treat your skin like valuable porcelain, than it will look like porcelain. I'm no hippy, but I've found since I started removing skin care products that had perfume, and other harsh needless irritants, my skin's condition has greatly improved. Dye and perfume do nothing beneficial for your skin, it only serves to cause inflammation. Cetaphil, and Spectro are good for having the vaste majority of their products free of such things.

I think my skin used to be caught in a vicious cycle, it was both dry and oily at the same time while being acne prone. I would use products like Oxy pads, and anything else I could find that promised to nuke my acne off the face of the Earth. My skin would be tight, flaky and dry out, then later in the day buckets worth of oil would show up. Ever since I stopped the all out war on my face, and started gently rehibilitating it, it's gotten SO much better. I only get stress acne around exams now, and my skin is never oily, even after the end of a long day. I may get flakiness around my nose in the winter, but most of my major skin problems seem to have gone away now that I'm treating my face gently and trusting it to do it's thing.

Pros:
Is easily found, availble at most stores, including Walmart ect.
Super silky cleanser effectiviley cleans without leaving the skin tight, or dry feeling.
Being unscented, Cetaphile removes unnessisary irriants that may cause further breakouts.
It seems pricy, but you get a lot of product that will last you a long time
Great for almost all skin types, even oily skin

Cons:
Spectro (types that don't have perfume) out preform it, but Spectro is harder to find
It's not strong enough to remove all makeup on it's own, however, that's what makeup remover is for. However, I use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil as my makeup remover as I use water proof mascara. It's gentler on the skin, and it's a natural moisturizer. The Cetaphil is more than strong enough to remove the olive oil once it's done it's work.

I regularily use Cetaphil, and like it, but again. I think that Spectro is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by HyruleLegends

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I personally love this cleanser. It's very mild and gentle, yet it cleanses my skin very well. I like that it's fragrance free and it does not sting my eyes. It is a little more expensive than other cleansers but for the amount that you get I believe that the price is quite fair. The packaging is good too, I like the easy pump bottle that can lock if turned one way. I have tried the Oily Skin Cleanser but did not like it as much because it contains fragrance which irritates my skin. Overall the Gentle Skin Cleanser is one that I will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a SKIN CLEANSER!! not a MAKEUP REMOVER! Ok, that said. I personally hate this crap, its slimy and runny and feels its still sitting on top of my skin but I definately wouldnt use this to remove makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

Weak stuff. Doesn't remove makeup. Why do people like this stuff?