Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/27/2015 11:27:00 AM

I love this cleanser, it is really good for those who just want a non-drying cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturised without a whole lot of ingredients that could cause a reaction. Admittedly it is not good for those who wear a lot of make up and thick layers of sunscreen as you will need another cleanser beforehand. However, I do not wear make up everyday, so using this morning and night works for me and doesn't leave me with that tight overly-cleansed skin feeling. My skin feels soft and clean. This is all I ask for a cleanser, as I sort out other issues via treatments, facials and exfoliation. Because its creamy and runny it does run out quickly though!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Too gentle for my skin! It felt like i was washing my face with conditioner. This product would be great on people with sensitive and dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It is great for my sensitive skin and it leaves my face feeling so soft! I just use it after I remove all of my makeup with a cold cream, it leaves my face clean and so smooth. It is definitely a beauty staple for me!

on 1/21/2015 8:13:00 PM

Didnt like this product. I felt like it wasnt cleaning my face enough. Too gentle, I guess. It just didnt do anything for my face.

on 1/11/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm using this product for 2 months now. I have the BIG bottle so there's still a lot of product in it!
I gave an overall 3 lipsticks note because i think this is an "mmm ok" product: nothing special, nothing bad.
I use it just on my face in the morning and in the evening after i take my makeup off, just to wash out any make up remover residue.

It doesn't burn at all, it's really gentle and doesn't have any scent.
Well, it doesnt have any scent to the point it has, i dunno if it's clear.

When i'll run out I might repurchase, but I think i'll try something else.

on 1/6/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I JUST finished my first bottle of this cleanser and I really liked it. It is SO gentle! It doesn't have a scent which is great too. This cleanser will NOT remove all of your make up! It says on the back of the bottle that it will 'only remove LIGHT make up'. However, I do find it gentle enough to apply to a cotton round and remove my eye make up if it doesn't completely come off with my Bioderma (which is rare).

I apply this quite liberally to my face in the shower, and sometimes down my neck. I then use my Clarisonic Mia 2 and place a little bit more on the brush head. This cleanser will not foam, meaning it shouldn't dry out your skin. I have rather clear skin (not acne prone), the occasional pimple here and there but not often. I've had allergic reactions to other cleansers and this so far has been the most gentle.

Without the Clarisonic I sometimes feel it doesn't make my skin feel SUPER clean, but perhaps that's a good thing for keeping the pH balance?

I would also recommend this to people with acne that have been using harsh cleansers or scrubs. It's common that people with acne prone skin are using too harsh cleansers and need something more gentle to soothe their skin.

I'm currently using a La Roche Posay cleanser which is pretty gentle but expensive compared to the price of this (and it's also a make up removing cleanser).

Overall, I would definitely recommend trying this cleanser, even if you just pick up a little bottle. I'm sure you can also use it on your body if you didn't like it on your face :-)

on 1/4/2015 2:31:00 PM

I love this product! This has been my HG cleanser for over 10 years. My mom always bought it so I grew up using this and I still use this at 24 years old! This cleanser leaves your skin soft without stripping it at all and it gently cleanses.

I use this by first wetting a washcloth and then squirting cetephil on it and then gently rubbing the cleanser over my face with the damp wash cloth. This method cleans my face extremely well. Im also acne prone and this doesnt irrate my skin at all.

Also, I would just like to add that people should stop giving this bad ratings for not removing makeup and not clearing acne. This product is a GENTLE SKIN cleanser it is not marketed to remove makeup or to clear acne so that is your fault for buying the wrong product. If you wear a ton of makeup, you MUST use a makeup remover BEFORE using this cleanser.

on 1/3/2015 3:31:00 PM

this product somehow managed to dry my skin, but not actually clean it. top layer of my skin was dry and flaky, but underneath was oily, causing blackheads. had to go through three bottles to figure this out. throwing out now.

on 1/3/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

doesn't remove make up that well, did nothing for my acne, it only helped control some oil on my t zone

on 1/2/2015 2:51:00 PM

Bleah. Disgusting! Irritated my skin and made it dry! I don't get the hype! It happened the same with Cerave cleanser.

Video Reviews & Tutorials