April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GreenLime

I would not recommend this cleanser for acne prone skin or oily skin, even if your dermatologist suggested you to do so. If you use this product solo, for the purpose of removing make up, it will not remove 100% of your makeup but leave residue on your face. I feel the best (and correct) way to use this product is by taking a pump of the cleanser and then taking another pump of a more soapy face wash. By doing this you are removing all that gunk off your face without over drying it. I used to do this with olive oil+soapy face wash but I ran out of a good pump dispenser to store my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No no no. I heard such good things about this cleanser, but it really burned my skin for some reason. I tried it because I was starting retin a and wanted something a little more gentle than my cerave foaming cleanser (I was scared it would dry my skin out). Plus I liked how there were only a few ingredients. But I won't repurchase. It burned my skin and it never felt completely clean, even though I take my makeup off beforehand. I'll be sticking to my cerave foaming facial cleanser- it doesn't burn my skin and it feels cleaner after use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mollywoodblvdca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it. In honesty I would probably try something new before buying it again, though. My skin is super super sensitive and I feel like this does a good job of cleaning and most importantly not aggravating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by chitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for about 6 years now.

When I first started using it I had oily combination skin and it tamed my monthly breakouts and reduced the amount of oil my skin was creating. I would use it in the shower with water and at night use it to remove my makeup and take it off with a tissue.

Fast forward to now, I'd say I have normal to dry skin and this product is the step 1 before slathering on a heavy moisturizer in the morning. Still keeps the monthly breakout at bay and my skin looks fresh, healthy and vibrant despite my sleep schedule and other stress.

I love this product, I wish it were cheaper and prettier (I remove the label to make it less obtrusive on a counter but it's still enormous), it removes most make up and keeps my skin healthy and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

I have extremely temperamental skin. I have eczema around my nose and dry skin all over. And this soothes my skin completely. I always feel like my face is clean afterwards without being too right or itchy. I see people have complained about this not taking off makeup but as long as I don't have waterproof mascara on, it takes my makeup off just fine. It works better than any expensive face wash I've used (philosophy, Clinique, Mario bedescu, etc).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by julielovesmakeupxo

Personally, I find the fact that people are complaining about things that were not even listed on the packaging whatsoever makes your negative reasoning against this product invalid. Granted, if you want a product that removes makeup or foams up when used, then don't buy Cetaphil, but do not expect something from a product that clearly does not list it as one of the qualifications. I have combination type skin, and suffered from terrible acne for quite some time before I read a review on this product and decided to try it. I have used multiple, if not all, Neutrogena products as well as many from the Clean&Clear line, and even some over the counter beauty face washes from my local Beauty Store. None of them worked for me, nor did they maintain a consistency in my skin. Once I switched to Cetaphil, I saw an immediate transformation in my skin. Not only do I now have a natural glow, but my face is now acne ridden and soft/moisturized. I found this product highly effective in what it offers, and honestly have not found a better face product in my entire life. I also use a moisturizer after washing with it, and I find that my skin is actually more acne free the more moisturized it is. I use makeup removing face wipes to remove my makeup separately, because I've read that it is actually better for your skin because it's a lot more gentle. Therefore, I highly recommend this face wash and found it to be extraordinarily useful. I've used it for a year so far, and find that it lasts for quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. I didn't feel like it cleaned very well. The daily facial cleanser is a little better but it is also not that great in my opinion. Probably better for someone who doesn't wear makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil left my skin feeling like rubber, hardly removed any impurities and the consistency was so liquidy that I struggled to use it. Also, as a biology student who has learned about chemicals found in cosmetics, I don't exactly appreciate the use of sodium lauryl sulfate, and not only one but THREE different parabens.

Never. Again. I'll stick with Spectro Jel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this cleanser! I have redness, super sensitive and combination oily/dry skin. This is the only facial cleanser that has done a wonderful job of clearing up my skin and leaving it nice and moisturized not tight and "squeaky" clean.

I can see why some people do not like this product: it doesn't lather and it doesn't take off makeup.

If I am wearing makeup, I use a sensitive skin baby wipe to get all of the makeup off of my face and some grapeseed oil to take off eye makeup. After my skin is completely bare, I cleanse. It takes a little getting use to because it doesn't lather but I prefer it this way. It feels like a liquidy lotion and you need to rinse it off with warm water. Once it's all off, I splash my face a few time with cold water and I'm all set to go to put my face lotion on.

BEST FACIAL CLEANSER EVER!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by batsmeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this stuff destroyed my face. After I washed with it I felt like I had a greasy film over my face - it just didnt feel clean and didn't take my makeup off. I ended up with tons of tiny pimples and a few big cystic ones. :(