December 20, 2014 | 1418 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a teenager and fell in love with the smell more than anything. It moisturised really well and the smell lingered sublty all day. Unfortuantely I threw my tub away as my mum said it smelt disgusting thus making me paranoid that i smelt bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love this because it was the only thing that worked (note: i had only tried low brand items such as nivea, vaseline aloe vera, baby lotion, palmer's, etc so i consider TBS mid-range brand). It made my skin so so soft! But it is a little oily and doesn't sink into the skin straight away. It is great for extremely dry skin. The smell used to be my fave too but i like the subtle sweet smell of the new shea butter better now.

[edit] also i'm reviewing on the one i used in 2005. I think body shop is getting new ones in with possibly a change of formula (the shea one is changed - smells much better than the old one) ............

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is the best body butter to come from The Body Shop. My sister worked there while she was in college and she bought us sooo much
stuff with her discount it was ridiculous. The smell is wonderful. YUMMY!! It is also VERY moisturizing (read: greasy), but it is tolerable when compared to the benefits. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i love the smell, soooo yummy. i was thinking of licking my own arms while putting this to my skin. the only reason why i only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 stars, it seems that i put on suntan lotion to my skin instead of body butter. my skin is sooo shiny. i feel like im going to a beach. but with its moisturizing effect, its perfect because my skin is really soft. the scent is so delicious but honestly, i still prefer the TBS she body butter because the scent of shea lasts longer than brazil nut.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by JustAGirlinBoston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YUM.

My very favorite.
They discontinued Almond, much to my dismay - which was my second favorite.

THE BEST body butter on the market.
Long lasting, smells wonderful, and even when I'm in yoga and completely sweaty - I feel wonderful because I can still smell it.

Oh and if you're not lathering up in SPF on your body while in the sun, it's wonderful for getting a little tan. Put it on before heading out and you are guaranteed to catch a little glow. Not politically correct, but hey - I use 50 on my face. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by elastic386

At first I couldn't understand what all the fuss about the smell was but I am now addicted!! This smells amazinngg and yummy. The butter is also very moisturising and feels so good on the skin. However, this is very expensive for the amount you get. I only use it as a hand lotion and also on my elbows/knees/feet because it runs out very quickly otherwise. Overall, worth trying and I will continue to buy it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sonnebutti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT. my signature scent. smells like cotton candy. love it. your skin just glows with this stuff. If I was rich I would buy a house just to put all the brazil nut body butters I could buy in there. the formula is great, no doubt there, but smell this before you buy it, some people dont like it. but I just love it. love love love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite out of all of them! It smells LOVELY and caramel-ly (if that's a word), and I just want to eat it :-) !!! It moisturises extremely well and lasts all day! I will repurchase and repurchase!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I LOVED this. I used this during my first pregnancy and have been wanting to buy it again. It is very expensive for the amount I use on my pregnant belly! It smells yummy and keeps my skin hydrated and feeling smooth without the greasiness. I LOVE ITTTT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore the smell of this product and think it works well (though I sometimes have to warm it in my hands before applying so as not to drag my skin). However the PRICE is ridiculous - they keep increasing it, and I feel like I'm really overpaying for a non-premium brand product! I'm not cheap in the slightest (and I seldom use DS products), but this doesn't feel like value for money. It doesn't really last a long time either - I like to be generous with application, so this is an occasional splurge purchase, rather than the staple that this would be if it was just 2/3 less :(