Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 6/29/2009 12:13:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara!! I have short thin lashes and this does give volume and length. I have tried other mascara's and I keep going back to this one.

on 6/27/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This mascara is an excellent product. I never was really into MaryKay and I would always use Lancome Hynose as my staple. Anyway my aunt started to sell Marykay and I decided to be a little more economical so I crossed my fingers and traded in my $30 mascara for MaryKay Ultimate mascara that was half the price. Phenomenal stuff I say! I use this mascara everyday. There are no clumps, no flakes, and it allows for buildable volume plus the formula dries quickly. I get the same exact results I got using my department store mascara. I even use this when I am going out at night and apply 3-4 coats to volumize my lashes. The mascara does not dry out even though it dries quickly so I replace my tube every 4-6 months which isnt recommended but whatever. Bottom-line I love this stuff and I am glad that I wasn’t a snob and I tried it. MaryKay has an unwarranted reputation of being cheapy like Avon but their products are pretty superior for the price you pay with the exception of their foundation which I dislike. 5 Lippies all the way!

on 6/16/2009 5:03:00 PM

I'm not a fan of Mary Kay products, but I love this mascara. It's very thick and you only need a couple of coats to do the trick. It doesn't dry out as quickly as some of the other mascaras and it holds the curl in my lashes.

on 6/15/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it easy to work with...the brush could've been better...but it does the trick,,,it's however, hard to use on my bottom lashes ..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Kind of a meh mascara. It gave some drama, but is nothing exceptional. I also didn't like the way it felt and was heavy after it dried. I'll use it up but won't buy again.

on 5/29/2009 5:55:00 PM

I did not like this mascara. It clumps really bad and I don't like having my eyelashes all stick together. Plus, it is way overpriced. It did seem to dry quickly though, and it didn't flake, but those were the only good things about it, and it's not enough to make me buy this again. I would not recommend this

on 5/27/2009 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Granted, I have very full and long eyelashes already, so I never really need to wear mascara. Any mascara (except wet n wild- nasty cheap stuff) does the trick. This is no different. People have asked if I'm wearing false eyelashes! I also love the container with the gold band... very classy... much better than that orange thing Cover Girl made... but I do think this is too mediocre for the price.

on 5/21/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love it! i've used this mascara since it first came out! every now and then i'll buy a different brand to try; 2 covergirl, 2 maybeline, 2 revlon, 1 nuetragina...i can't remeber the names of each but none of them made my eyelashes as pretty as this mascara. it lengthens, seperates, and thickens; no clumps, it doesn't get all over the place when i put it on, the brush isn't big, and it lasts all day without smudging even when i sweat. it's my favorite mascara ever!

on 5/15/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I can honestly say that I have tried almost every mascara out there- from Chanel to Maybelline---it's the one product that I am most particular about. This mascara is by far one of the best I have tried- It's easy to use, it makes lashes dark and full with superb length. I don't have one negative comment in regards to this mascara. I strongly urge anyone to try this. The only downfall is having to go through a rep- it's not easily available! Good Luck!

on 4/21/2009 12:19:00 AM

I actually got this for free at a Bridal Show.. This mascara 'IS' really made for simple brides.. but I'm not that. I can work around with this kind of brush and not come out with clumps, but it's not dramatic enough for me.. toodles.