Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7.3%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 8/20/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm constantly torn between my beloved Colorstay and my MAC Pro Longwear. I recently tried this out, whilst taking a break from my MAC foundation and my Wet 'n' Wild coverall, both of which I loved. I had forgotten the awesome coverage that Colorstay gave, which my acne scar ridden skin really appreciates - it's slightly..well..considerably..thicker in coverage than Pro Longwear. Maybe it's because I had gone without wearing Colorstay for a while, but I felt that my oiliness and shine didn't even peek through. I'm not sure if it is because this foundation is so thick - but the coverage can't be beat. My only con with these is that I find the bottle to be rather annoying, chunky (yet sturdy) and unsanitary. I haven't really played around with the color selection, but with the cooler weather coming up I will have to switch to a lighter shade - hopefully one without obvious undertones such as pink or yellow. Another gripe I have is how heavy this looks in bad or natural lighting..while my face is perfectly even, my neck and chest say otherwise! Alas, I guess that is the sacrifice I make for such even skin. I apply with my ELF studio powder brush for a flawless finish. I've even fallen asleep in this stuff multiple times and have been able to wear my makeup the next day from the night before..without touchups (ooops...) I love this stuff, except when I find myself mixing colors to get the right shade as my tan comes and goes, two bottles can get a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, but, hey it could be worse!

on 8/16/2013 3:31:00 AM

Loved it until I noticed it was too thick and breaking me out :/

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am in the color Mahogany. I have Combination skin. This blends extremely well. It has a semi matte/ matte finish which is great. It didn't transfer which was amazing. I have gold and red undertones. This wasnt too warm or too cool. Like most foundations my complexion it doesnt give me an ashy gray finish thank goodness. Great Coverage. Definitely a go too product. i wish it had a pump but those are easy to find. I am a 9.0/NW47 in MAC. Spicy Brown in Covergirl Queen. D65 in Sephora. Cocoa In Maybelline. if that helps anyone :)

on 8/11/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My Skin: Classic combination - oily T zone that gets visibly shiny a few hours after makeup application, normal to dry cheeks, and seb. derm. in the creases of my nose. Foundation usually melts off my nose, cakes in the creases and on the cheeks, and fades off my forehead and chin.

Colour: I used Findation to find my shade and it told me to get "Buff", which is the second lightest shade. I have quite pale, yellow toned skin and I was really happy with the colour of the foundation. It's quite like Bourjois' no. 51 colour, which I always loved on my skin. It's such a good match that it's not even necessary to blend all the way my neck, as it just blends into my skin tone itself.

Consistency: Thick creamy texture. I blend with my fingers - which is new for me as I always normally use a brush - because I found that it was applying weirdly with my Mac airbrush brush, it wasn't blending right or something. It can be a little bit hard to blend and it sets quite quickly too, so I find I have to blend as quickly as I can to get proper coverage.

Pros:
- ONLY foundation I have found so far which lasts ALL DAY on my skin! Every other foundation needs reapplication after three or four hours (sometimes less) but eight or nine hours later, this looks almost exactly the same as when I first applied in the morning. It's so refreshing not to have to worry about whether I look like a shiny, patchy mess anymore!

- I have blemish prone skin and this does a great job at concealing even the big, heavy duty lumps when they're there, so I don't feel self-conscious going out.

- This strikes just the right balance for me between matte and dewy - Catrice and Maybelline matt mousses, and even Bourjois 123 perfect, can look like a mask on me to the point where my skin actually looks sort of dull, whereas Mac Face and Body and most bb creams make me look like a shiny mess. This is my Goldilocks - it's just right.

- Has SPF, which is always a plus especially if you have oily/blemish prone skin and SPF creams break you out, and factor 15 is just enough to provide good protection but with the possiblity of tanning underneath. (I know this says "SoftFlex SPF 6" but the one I picked up in Boots has SPF 15? It's definitely still Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin, though.)

Cons:
- Cakes slightly on the seb derm in the creases of my nose, but only after several hours, like 6+, which is still a huge improvement on other foundations.

- My main COMPLAINT with this foundation is the PACKAGING! What on earth obsessed
Revlon to use a glass bottle with NO PUMP is beyond me. Even a squeezy tube would be better than this. I've never even seen foundation packaged like this before - it's impractical, unhygienic, and just MESSY. The only way I can see to get it out is to shake it (with the cap on, obviously) and then uncap it and bang it off the back of my hand, so it comes out in splodges and I always end up with either too much or too little (usually too much, which is just an unfortunate waste of good foundation).

Bottom Line: Despite my major gripe with the packaging (and I hold out hope that Revlon will fix this, btw) my love for the colour and most of all the amazing DURABILITY means that I'll still most likely buy this again, and would recommend for anyone with combination to oily skin.

on 8/11/2013 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got my hands on this one a couple of days a go. I'm trying to find the perfect summer foundation because my t zone is super oily these summer months. Every foundation seems to glide of my face.

I bought this foundation in the color early tan. It's a bit too light for my nc40 skintone but it works fine with some bronzing powder on top.
I actually do like the smell this foundation has when applying. The smell goes away after applying.

This is the best foundation this summer for me when it comes to lasting power. It lasts all day and my t zone doesn't get oily when im wearing this.

The finish is matte but not too matte like you're wearing a mask. This gives a more natural finish than perfection lumiere(chanel) and double wear(Estée Lauder).

I do hate the packaging. This doesnt come with a pump so i always end up getting to much out of the bottle.I bought this for 15€ which is a reasonable price for this good foundation.

I would definetely recommend this for people with combination skin, who want a good coverage. It's worth the try!

on 8/11/2013 2:10:00 AM

I have a very light complexion and this is one of the few foundations that I can rely on. The amount of shades and he variations in color tones is just magnificent. I've tried so many brands: Bobbi Brown long Wear, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior Airflash, Nars, Laura Marcier, and MAC Pro Longwear... And at the end of the day, I keep coming back to the Revlon Colorstay. This is the one that's tough to beat for many reasons. It gives full coverage that lasts and leaves my skin flawless. If I want a lighter coverage, I apply my foundation with the Beauty Blender. If I want a heavy coverage, I use a foundation brush. The possibilities are endless... I am in love with this foundation. I just wish there was a pump. I actually pour my foundation into a bottle with a pump so it works out either way.

Generally speaking, I like revlon products, but this one was a HUGE disappointment. I needed foundation for the times when a breakout is so bad I can't cover it with concealer alone, or pictures, special occasions, etc. So, I went to the drugstore and picked up one of these.

I've tried applying it with my fingers, a sponge, foundation brush. It does give very good coverage, but no matter how I tried applying it, I looked like a gross cake. It looks awful! I will give it some amount of credit for having staying power, but that's about the only good thing about it. It smells very strongly of chemicals too, sort of like paint? Finally, I am pretty sure this was the culprit behind a few new pimples after just one wear.

I would never repurchase or recommend this product. I like revlon, but not this product.

on 8/3/2013 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just to let everyone know, Revlon has come out with a NEW formula to this in the recent months. I bought a new bottle of this yesterday and when I tried to pour the foundation out as usual, nothing came out. I turned the bottle upside down and still nothing came out! The new consistency is a really, really thick cream, and it makes no sense to keep the original cap-less bottle if nothing is going to come out. On my face, it gave me a really ashy look. I had this in Buff and I looked like a ghost. On top of this I also noticed some transfer which I didn't notice before. Compared to the old formula (which was my holy grail foundation), this new formula cannot compare. I really can't understand why Revlon would change a perfect formula to this. The packaging and the price is still the same. I live in Canada and for $14.99 this is really not worth it. Really hope Revlon can go back to the original formula!

on 7/27/2013 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I reviewed this a few years ago when I was using it on a daily basis. My only complaint was that it tended to cake up and was a really heavy foundation for daily wear. Which is why I ended up deciding to switch to a lighter foundation. However, because most foundation s aren't formulated for oily skin, I would get horribly shiny even with a powder. My pores were always clogged due to the oil on my face. I didn't stop to consider that while a foundation may be lighter and allow the skin to breathe a bit more, that it might actually aggravate the skin more. So I've switched back to this foundation in hopes to combat the oil so my skin clears up. Even after using it only for a few days, I've had no breakouts and my face remains matte all day. This time around I'm not using a powder to avoid caking up. Also, I'm using a buffing brush instead of a stippling brush and blending out any areas with too much product with a damp sponge. Only downside of this product, it is so thick that it literally will not pour out of the bottle. I have to fish it out with a spatula, which is really a hassle. There is a pretty heavy scent which kind of smells like paint, so beware if you're sensitive to any fragrance in your product. But it's not a scent that sticks around once the product is blended out. Worth the performance of the product in my opinion.

on 7/26/2013 4:56:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! I bought it on a whim because everyone said it would be good for my combination/dry skin. Haha! Well I first put it on and it has the worst odour! Then as I was blending it out it caked around my zits and made my entire face cakey. I took it off immediately and regretted buying this, especially since I now just wasted $20. I will not be repurchasing this at all.