October 21, 2014 | 1736 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by katsey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this concealer. I use it for my under eyes as it's nice and creamy. All I do is take my finger dip it in once and its enough for both my under eyes. I don't find that it crepes too much and it does a good job concealing. The sa said I could use it for my face, but I like keeping it exclusively for my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm always on the lookout for my Holy Grail concealor for the Edward Scissorhands-esque circles under my eyes, and, unfortunately, this is not it. I am in love with LM's Secret Camoflague, even though I only use the white pan, I think it's just the best ever at covering up any flaws on my face. So I was hoping that this would be to my under eye area what the Secret Camo is to my blemishes and redness. It's not. It's too creamy for me, and the color is off, just off. I used this in 1, the lightest shade, and it had ORANGE undertones! Why, oh why Laura? Nobody is orange. It's bad enough that she has decided that EVERYONE is yellow, which is not the case at all, even though yellow is, in my opinion, more flattering than some other crazy undertones in MU lines. This came off 5 minutes after I applied it. I tried it with the secret brightening powder. I tried it with the mauve corrector. I tried it with everything. No dice. Oh well. At least I didn't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by teresaloe

I bought this concealer two weeks ago. It doesn't cover and it settles into the fine lines very quickly!!! When you have a oily eye area; don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ichig021

For a while I loved this concealer (bought it in #2) and then absolutely hated it. Then a couple of months later, I was okay with it... and now I'm back to hating it. My conclusion? This concealer is okay at brightening up certain parts of my eye area but does nothing to cover up/enhance the area under my eyes. It settles into the fine lines and gets oily very fast resulting in the concealer wearing off after a short while. This product just did not work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ottska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up after it was used on me at a LM masterclass.

What was great
The colour - a fairly dark, apricoty number 3 does wonders on counteracting my blue-black under eye circles, and doesn't give me the highlighted panda look. I was surprised it worked so well, given I'm pretty fair.

What wasn't so great
It made my under-eye skin look crepey, almost to the point of giving me a bag under one eye. It was aging and cakey - no matter how well I prepped or buffed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by rsarahg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I definately have a love-hate relationship with this concealer. I bought the Secret Concealer in shade 1 from sephora. It definately matches my skin well and has great coverage. BUT it can be very cakey and settles into fine lines. When you put it on it's very creamy, which i do like to a certain extent. If you set it with powder it wont feel "sticky" or "creamy" all day but it will get veryy noticablely caked up in a few hours. And if you dont set it with powder it will be "sticky" all day but it wont cake up as much.. Another thing I dont like too much it that if any makeup falls under my eyes I absolutely cannot get it off without completely ruining my concealer. The concealer acts as if its glue under my eyes! I'm still debating on weather or not to return it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I'm really impressed with this concealer from Laura Mercier. I use shade #4 and it's a very good match for my NC44 skintone. Some cream concealers can look dry and cakey under the eye but this concealer seems to blend in well. I prefer this concealer to Bobbi Brown's Dark Peach corrector. Bobbi Brown's concealer can look a little drying if I don't apply an eye cream underneath it first. For reference, I do not have any dark circles under my eyes but have some slight discolourations. I am 42 yrs old and notice a couple of very fine lines in the undereye region. I love the fact that LM's Secret Concealer doesn't settle into these lines. I find the best way to apply Secret Concealer is to apply some to the back of my hand with a concealer brush and then pat a small amount of concealer to the affected areas and then apply a light dusting of loose powder on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So greasy! I know it's a creamy concealer, but seriously, this is gooey, sticky GLUE concealer.

I have dry skin, so I prefer creamier versions, but this is frankly too much. Also, the color (I got 02 for my NW15-20 skin) is too dark and pink for my taste. The pink emphasizes the purple in my dark circles, a yellow tone suits me better (but that's just me).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer in #6 matches my NW45 skin to perfection! I use it under my eyes and it just melts in like a dream. I apply it with the powder brush for this from Laura Mercier as it just looks like an oversized concealer brush anyway and then I run some powder over it to set. It covers all day long. I really don't need undereye concealer so please keep that in mind. I have no bags or anything to speak of. However, I only apply my foundation to other areas of my skin so I feel like concealer under my eyes makes me look way more put together and awake. I also use this on imperfections around my face that my foundation didn't manage to hide. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by LondonBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blah! These concealers are not made for the population with cool undertones. The concealer was way too yellow and did not blend into my skin properly. I suggest you do not buy unless it matches your skin PERFECTLY!