April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was initially disappointed in this color because it's not the kind of coral I was expecting. It's a bit dark and almost red. It's still pretty and I like it, but pictures online are misleading.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by krys623

I absolutely love this color. Its a beautiful warm coral color. I pair this with Pink Grapefruit lipglass and the combination is gorgeous. Im a NC42 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by wheaty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my all time favorite lipsticks. I love the lustre formula. Doesn't last very long, but it's worth reapplying. This is a great summertime color... Looks Great With a TAN!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by heavenly_seas2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this l/s! The color is a perfect coral pink and very flattering on warm-toned skin. It's an easy, fresh lippie that brightens up the face and is great for daytime wear. It's buildable to a deeper coral. I find it's quite pigmented compared to some of my other Mac lustres. Staying power is so-so, but I love the color so much I don't mind having to reapply.
*PIC*
continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by sapnap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i loveee Sea Sheer.. it looks fabulous against my NC 45 skin tone.. applied lightly, its perfect for day time, just a tad brighter than a regular nude lip.. perfect summer colour! the only thing thats bad is that since it is a Lustre, it doesnt have staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by supacell1

I went to the MAC counter and asked to see a peach lipstick, a darker color, not a pale peach as these leave me looking washed out. The MAC girl gave me the See Sheer lipstick and topped it with the Bare Necessity lip gloss. This combination is amazing! It's a great corally pink that looks fab with my Asian olive skin! Just what I was looking for- a fun summery lip look. See Sheer is described as a grapefruit pink on MAC's website and I would say that is accurate. Some people has complained that this lipstick seemed too orange, but on my olive skin definitely more just a grapefruit pink color. On its own it is very natural looking on my pigmented lips, maybe a little boring, but a good color for work, especially in the summer since it is part of the lustre lipsticks. Bare Necessity is part of MAC's dazzleglass line and even though it looks brown on the website, it is more of a sparkly apricot nude color, so go by it's description and not the color swatch. It's basically an apricot version of Oh Baby lipglass(which is a sparkly nude) and looks great by itself too. I don't know if I would rebuy See Sheer because as I said before it's just a tad ho hum by itself. Will I use it up? Definitely-I'll wear it to work a lot and the consistency would allow me to wear it in the heat of summer and while I was doing something active outside. Do I feel fabulous when I can pare it with the lipgloss? Absolutely. Packaging great, price decent...4 lippies out of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cook32607

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As others have said, this is the perfect spring/summer color for those with neutral or warm coloring. I am a NW 25 with neutral coloring, have dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and pigmented lips. See Sheer is not at all reddish on me. It's the perfect mix of pink and peach and creates a very soft look. I LOVE this color!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by annabetch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a peachy pink color, but this one is dark orange -almost red...I am disappointed. But it's not a terrible color either, so I keep using it from time to time...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by KarenI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Um, I went to Macs online site to find a substitute color for the Discontinued FLOWERPLAY. See Sheer is what was recommended. I don't see any simularity at all!! Are they on crack or what? I NEED a substitute for my fav Flowerplay!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by southparkrules

I tried out my friend's See Sheer. I look horrible. It's orange. It doesn't look good if you have a tan. you are just totally washed out. I am guess it might look good on pale skin. But if you get a tan or have some pigment, it won't look good. It also looks weird on my friend because her skin tone is between light to medium.
Lustre is a good formula. I have some lustre lipsticks. They are not drying. That's why I give the overall rating 2 for non drying formula. It's very important lipsticks are not drying, otherwise it's not easy to apply and not wearable. But this color is just a joke.