November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the color, the only thing is, i don't know why it comes out pink on me. I initially thought this is a coral lipstick but i guess not. but it's still pretty though,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick and I have been inseparable since I bought it last week. It's only my second MAC lipstick, so maybe it's just the 'love' phase with this brand, but the color is so pretty and looks so great with my coloring and complexion. It's almost like a wearable, sheer, coral-colored red, and definitely a "your lips but better" shade. This was recommended to me by a salesperson at the MAC counter after she told me that Ravishing (the color I initially came for) was sold-out. It's a similar color, just more sheer and less frosty. The only con has to be that I seem to be reapplying this lipstick a lot during the workday because it fades fast. But that could just be me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by BrandoSlice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color. Has a nice sheen to it, but the lipstick really has no staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hottiecakes

the perfect lipstick.
i CANNOT live without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Really great find. What I love about the MAC counter, is I always come across colors in the permanent collection that I never took notice of before. I purchased this purely in the moment, possibly one of the few impulse buys I was actually delighted about.

PROS: (1) unique coral color- a pink and peach combination creates this delightful color which really brightens up my complexion. (2) non-drying formula that applies smoothly. (3) love it over my pigmented lips. (4) as usual, I am a fan of the black bullet style packaging.

CONS: (1) due to the soft consistency of this lip stick, product requires a lip liner otherwise it will travel. I prefer clear lip liners such as Revlon in Clear to get the job done. (2) if lips ar enot moisturized, this can emphasize lines- as do many lip sticks.

Overall, this is a fun color. I wonder if the name is a play off the word ‘sea’ because I noticed that it looks best when I am wearing green, sea foam, or ocean blue colors. It does not look as attractive if I am wearing black or browns. This is the first time I have encountered a color that needs to be matched properly to my outfit of the day. Then again, I tend to only wear nudes, so it is nice for a change. At the moment it looks really nice with my dark hair, brown eyes, and fair complexion. I hope it still looks good when I gain a medium tan as Summer warms my skin.
Happy Shopping!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mica

This is great for when I want a bright pop of color on my lips. It's a coral-red, and I only wear it when I'm feeling pretty brave, but I always get compliments. I should wear it more often - I'm definitely glad that I got it through B2M. It would probably look pretty on just about any skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably my favorite lipstick! It's a unique color - I haven't had a color like this before - it is coral, but not a typical one - it is darker and more orange. I have a fair complexion with yellow undertones and it just lights my face up! Makes me look awake, glowy but still doesn't look too bright or "made up". Just perfect. I love the texture - creamy enough to glide on easily and not dry out my lips at all (don't need a balm or gloss over this!), but not so creamy that it rubs off - it has really good staying power! I use this often, and I've had it a year and still have a lot left, but when I run out, this will be the first lipstick I have ever repurchased!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by yemyesilkurbaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very very dry lips, even lip balms find it hard to stay on... So when the s.a. insisted this product would be the one I was looking for I was more than ready to believe in him.
It has a lovely colour, not that pink as it is said to be but more reddish. It goes well for daily wear or to complement dark eye-makeup.
It does not dry my lips so much but does not moisturize them either. But the worst part: It definitely does not stay on. Let alone eating but you can see your whole lipstick passed on the glass even when you are drinking sth. as if you kissed the glass. I would expect much more from MAC...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was initially disappointed in this color because it's not the kind of coral I was expecting. It's a bit dark and almost red. It's still pretty and I like it, but pictures online are misleading.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by krys623

I absolutely love this color. Its a beautiful warm coral color. I pair this with Pink Grapefruit lipglass and the combination is gorgeous. Im a NC42 for reference.