MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 6/25/2010 3:24:00 AM

Works as a subtle, coral color on my very pink, pigmented lips. It's not too bright but does add a nice orangey pop of color. The lustre formula isn't too drying. Had a good three hours of wear. Pretty pleased with the product, in general.

on 6/21/2010 10:57:00 AM

LOVE this color. Had purchased a more coral color, but returned because I thought it made me look like a clown, traded in for See Sheer and glad I did. I'm would be classified as a "ginger", dark blond hair, freckles, and burns very easy. This color works great with my coloring, but do use a lip liner in nude or clear, it makes all the difference with the lipstick, and in my opinion you get much more defined lips.

on 6/19/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love the color, the only thing is, i don't know why it comes out pink on me. I initially thought this is a coral lipstick but i guess not. but it's still pretty though,

on 6/18/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This lipstick and I have been inseparable since I bought it last week. It's only my second MAC lipstick, so maybe it's just the 'love' phase with this brand, but the color is so pretty and looks so great with my coloring and complexion. It's almost like a wearable, sheer, coral-colored red, and definitely a "your lips but better" shade. This was recommended to me by a salesperson at the MAC counter after she told me that Ravishing (the color I initially came for) was sold-out. It's a similar color, just more sheer and less frosty. The only con has to be that I seem to be reapplying this lipstick a lot during the workday because it fades fast. But that could just be me.

on 5/11/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color. Has a nice sheen to it, but the lipstick really has no staying power.

on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM

the perfect lipstick.
i CANNOT live without it.

on 3/31/2010 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really great find. What I love about the MAC counter, is I always come across colors in the permanent collection that I never took notice of before. I purchased this purely in the moment, possibly one of the few impulse buys I was actually delighted about.

PROS: (1) unique coral color- a pink and peach combination creates this delightful color which really brightens up my complexion. (2) non-drying formula that applies smoothly. (3) love it over my pigmented lips. (4) as usual, I am a fan of the black bullet style packaging.

CONS: (1) due to the soft consistency of this lip stick, product requires a lip liner otherwise it will travel. I prefer clear lip liners such as Revlon in Clear to get the job done. (2) if lips ar enot moisturized, this can emphasize lines- as do many lip sticks.

Overall, this is a fun color. I wonder if the name is a play off the word ‘sea’ because I noticed that it looks best when I am wearing green, sea foam, or ocean blue colors. It does not look as attractive if I am wearing black or browns. This is the first time I have encountered a color that needs to be matched properly to my outfit of the day. Then again, I tend to only wear nudes, so it is nice for a change. At the moment it looks really nice with my dark hair, brown eyes, and fair complexion. I hope it still looks good when I gain a medium tan as Summer warms my skin.
Happy Shopping!

on 12/26/2009 10:32:00 PM

This is great for when I want a bright pop of color on my lips. It's a coral-red, and I only wear it when I'm feeling pretty brave, but I always get compliments. I should wear it more often - I'm definitely glad that I got it through B2M. It would probably look pretty on just about any skintone.

on 12/12/2009 11:08:00 PM

This is probably my favorite lipstick! It's a unique color - I haven't had a color like this before - it is coral, but not a typical one - it is darker and more orange. I have a fair complexion with yellow undertones and it just lights my face up! Makes me look awake, glowy but still doesn't look too bright or "made up". Just perfect. I love the texture - creamy enough to glide on easily and not dry out my lips at all (don't need a balm or gloss over this!), but not so creamy that it rubs off - it has really good staying power! I use this often, and I've had it a year and still have a lot left, but when I run out, this will be the first lipstick I have ever repurchased!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have very very dry lips, even lip balms find it hard to stay on... So when the s.a. insisted this product would be the one I was looking for I was more than ready to believe in him.
It has a lovely colour, not that pink as it is said to be but more reddish. It goes well for daily wear or to complement dark eye-makeup.
It does not dry my lips so much but does not moisturize them either. But the worst part: It definitely does not stay on. Let alone eating but you can see your whole lipstick passed on the glass even when you are drinking sth. as if you kissed the glass. I would expect much more from MAC...

Popular Lipsticks