MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 8/2/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My new favourite lippy this summer! For a devoted plum fan this pinky peach - or peachy pick, however you want to look at it, it's hard to tell! - is amazing on my naturally pinky pigmented lips.

The MAC website describes it as a "pinked grapefruit" kind of colour. I would agree with some MUAers who called it a muted coral.

I've been wearing it during the day (usually to my classes) because it gives just a nice pop of colour without looking made up. It looks great on an overall made-up face, but I've been finding I like to wear it with nothing other than a peachy blush for a soft, natural, summery look.

It doesn't have the longest staying power because it is quite creamy (hence, quite moisturizing!), but I really don't mind reapplying thorughout the day if I need to. Has the signature MAC vanilla scent to it.

I hope they don't discontinue it!

on 7/27/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am not a big fan of corals on my lips but this is the perfect muted coral. Because MAC releases so may collections in a year, the permanent line often gets left in the shadows. This is a Lustre (one of my favorite formulas) so it is nice and creamy and moisturizing. This is what I wanted Jazzed or Ever Hip to look like (those were too orangey-pink) because it doesn't make me look orange. It is the perfect blend of a deep coral with reddish undertones.

Love See Sheer! Great spring/summer lipstick! I'd probably also wear this in the winter. It's a sheer coral colored lipstick and looks fairly natural on my pink-berry pigmented lips. This color is what I expected Viva Glam Cyndi to look like on me. The perfect coral lip color for me! I just wish it would last longer... Applies very smoothly! It is also somewhat MLBB.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Very pretty color. I'm a NC50 in the center of the face, and NW45 on the perimeter of my face, for reference. I love this color. It's a corally-orange color. I do two looks with this color. The first: cork liner, see sheer lipstick, love nectar lipglass/lustreglass.
second look: studiofinish concealer (the one in the tube), see sheer lipstick, siss lipstick.

on 6/25/2010 3:24:00 AM

Works as a subtle, coral color on my very pink, pigmented lips. It's not too bright but does add a nice orangey pop of color. The lustre formula isn't too drying. Had a good three hours of wear. Pretty pleased with the product, in general.

on 6/21/2010 10:57:00 AM

LOVE this color. Had purchased a more coral color, but returned because I thought it made me look like a clown, traded in for See Sheer and glad I did. I'm would be classified as a "ginger", dark blond hair, freckles, and burns very easy. This color works great with my coloring, but do use a lip liner in nude or clear, it makes all the difference with the lipstick, and in my opinion you get much more defined lips.

on 6/19/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love the color, the only thing is, i don't know why it comes out pink on me. I initially thought this is a coral lipstick but i guess not. but it's still pretty though,

on 6/18/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This lipstick and I have been inseparable since I bought it last week. It's only my second MAC lipstick, so maybe it's just the 'love' phase with this brand, but the color is so pretty and looks so great with my coloring and complexion. It's almost like a wearable, sheer, coral-colored red, and definitely a "your lips but better" shade. This was recommended to me by a salesperson at the MAC counter after she told me that Ravishing (the color I initially came for) was sold-out. It's a similar color, just more sheer and less frosty. The only con has to be that I seem to be reapplying this lipstick a lot during the workday because it fades fast. But that could just be me.

on 5/11/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color. Has a nice sheen to it, but the lipstick really has no staying power.

on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM

the perfect lipstick.
i CANNOT live without it.

Recommended for Medium Skin